Never Wear Red When Around a Bull

Never Wear Red When Around a Bull

A Chapter by SkrillexLover :)

Alexis Lexa R. Barlett

    I slid my grandmother's garter on my wrist and tied a bow in the strings. The people being abandoned were all from different sectors, so we wouldn't know eachother. I heard that the others are scene, like me. But, I'm still worried. Will they like me? There is only one way to find out. I said my goodbyes to my roomate, Jess.

    Jess is... well... let's just say he doesn't show ANY emotion. Even when he in in pain. He just walks up to somebody and says, "Ow." and points to where it hurts. He doesn't even say "Ow" in a painful tone. It's more monotone than anything. But, he is like everyone else. Dull. Tidy. And clean.

    When I got outside, I saw that the limo had arrived. I got inside and set my backpack down, next to my feet. I looked around, wide eyed. The limo was very fancy. It had white leather,  the ceiling was red velvet, black carpeted floors, twinkley lights behind the mirrors that subsituted for windows, and a fancy limo driver. He was old. Very old. He looked as if his name was John. Yeah, John.

    "I hope you brought a book or something because the other people live far away." His voice cracked.

    "Yes, sir." I saluted. Then I giggled a little. " But, may I ask for your name? You look like a John."

    "No, I'm not a John. My name is Clinton. Now, shut up. I dont feel like talking to you."His voice cracked but it was feirce enough to sting.

    "Yes, sir." I said meekly.

    The rest of the ride was quiet. I felt as if a bee had stung me. I took my right hand and started rubbing my left arm. It helped the stinging feeling go away. Then, I started to play with the ribbon on my grandmother's garter.

    Then a tall, black haired boy opened the limo door and climbed inside. I have to addmit, he was kind-of cute. He sat down next to me and blew the hair out of his eyes.

    "Hi, I'm Lexa." I said, smiling.

    He didnt reply. I waited impatiently.

    "What's your name?" I asked him. Then I heard his quiet snoring. Great! He fell asleep when I was talking to him.  A while later, he woke,

    "What time is it?" He finally said.

    "I dont know. Dont have a watch." I replied.

    "Well you should. Who goes anywhere without a watch? Oh, yeah, you do." He said coldly. I winced.

    "Well, I... uh..." I couldnt answer.

    "No come-back? Pathetic."

    "You're the one who is pathetic! Picking on a girl you dont even know? OH! And even better, picking on a girl who actually wanted to be friends with you! You obviously are a jerk." I turned around to face away from him.

We didnt talk for the rest of the way.

 

Kristipher Kris Harvey

    Ouch! That was cold! Lexa knows who to throw a punch. Shouldnt have messed with her. She actually wanted to be friends with me and I ruined that chance. I'll try to apologize later. But the only reason I was mean to her is because she was so pretty! I couldnt help myself! Its like I had no control! The words cam out and I regreted them. Sigh. Im so stupid.

    I took out my note book and scribbled down:

The words come out

I cannot take them back

You won’t let me

Even though I want to

I’m scared I’ll say something wrong

Again.

     Again. Sigh. Maybe there will be no "again". Yet another reason to hate my life.



© 2012 SkrillexLover :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

LUV THISSSS!!!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awww... this is really cute :)

~Destiny

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2012
Last Updated on April 21, 2012


Author

SkrillexLover :)
SkrillexLover :)

Citrus Heights, CA



About
Tell me who is your favorite character from Void: Lexa Barlett Kris Harvey Elliot Hawke Vicky Spencer more..

Writing