Love The Moon

Love The Moon

A Chapter by The Red Raven

I would lose him again. 
The moon would claim him for herself once more, love him and give him back to me in the morning like nothing happened. 
Sometimes, though, she marked him to let me know something did happen. 
I hated her for it.
We arrived at the cave we found, way back, when he first transformed. I dropped him off there every time the moon showed her full face.
Inside the rocky interior was as empty as my heart every time I had to do this.
I wore the key to the cage as a necklace around my neck, as a pendant that reminded me of the kind of man that I loved. 
He took his clothes off behind me, since the monster would just tear them to pieces. Destroying the last signs that he was mine. The last signs that showed that I knew who he really was. That I knew that this monster wasn't mine. Only its eyes gave away whose lover he really was. The rest was a hollow and monstrous husk, that was only loved by her.
Two hands on my shoulders. He turned me around and held me close. 
I wrapped my arms around his waist and let my head rest against his athletic chest. He kissed the top of my head and slowly let me go. His hazel eyes were sad, but also gave away that he knew what was to come. 
I caressed his cheek and let my hand go through his dark brown hair, that the moon would turn into his pelt.
'It's alright,' he softly said.
'Just don't try to forget who you are. You're not him. He belongs to her,' I said and looked him seriously in the eyes.
'And I belong to you, forever.'
I opened the cage and he stepped inside, his eyes never looking away from mine.
He smiled a sad smile. I closed the door.
'Don't make me the second woman, Ben.'
My tone was insecure, because she was fairer than me.
'You'll always be the first, Lyria. Forevermore.'
Forevermore. Such a little word that held so much meaning. But it held no meaning to the beast within. He wanted to destroy my lover from the inside out. 
That word and the promise that goes with it, was the only thing that protected him from the chaos.
I left the cave and at home I heard the song of the wolves, singing its love for the moon. 


© 2017 The Red Raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on April 13, 2017
Last Updated on April 13, 2017
Tags: short story, werewolf, supernatural, occult, love, jealousy


Author

The Red Raven
The Red Raven

Netherlands



About
I am an amateur writer who has managed to get her book published last year. Overall, I would describe my style as being similar to Edgar Allan Poe. However, I do like to experiment with different gen.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The Red Raven