Whispers of a darker melody

Whispers of a darker melody

A Chapter by The Water Queen
"

Copyright: Kelcey Winn

"

The moonlight it caught the black of the piano's cover and made it shine, shine like it never shined before. And he sat there. My elder brother. His lanky build hunched over as he watched his fingers. They moved gracefully, never missing the proper key to hit. Furiously her buried his attention further and further into his playing. I pulled back into the hallway. The cold dark hallway where his music was echoing down. He must have awakened mother. But she showed it not. I faced into the room again. My eyes catching his movements again. He treated the keys like a lady he loved. Gentle and with care. His eyes were shut tight as he played on an on. Something incredible was happening to this night. He was oblivious to me as i crawled over to the sofa. Pulling my knees into my chest and laying my head down on my knees. I watched him. Studied him closely. He pulled his body straight, catching the moon's light on his features.

 

"Adrin," I whispered carefully.

 

He was pale, so pale that the moon's light made him transparent. I gasped, making his head snap towards me. His eyes, the red that stuck to them like a hungry dog, made me scramble from the sofa. Slamming my feet on the floor, i cursed. He smiled at me, a dangerous hungry smile.

 

"Saline," responded my brother, his voice crackling with thirst.

 

I doubled back, almost running to him. I was worried for my elder brother. His body was thin, and his cheeks pulled severly against his bones. His eyes were vicious, yet cunning in how they evaluated me. I was his prey, his dinner, unless i left this room. He stood from the piano, his entire frame blocking the light from the moon. I shuddered. Nothing was worse then what he would do to me tonight. Nothing would save my soul in the end.

 

"Adrin. Please. No,"



© 2010 The Water Queen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very chilling piece..nice job on this!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Loveit!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love how you left the ending open. this is very detailed. I have loved everything you have written, that I have read so far. You always add that bit of mystery that keeps the reader wanting more. Great job

Posted 14 Years Ago


What really set this up to be a success was the way that you described everything, the wording was very well done. I found a few typos but they;re few and far between. the one thing that you could do to improve this piece is break the descriptions in the first paragraph down into smaller ones. It's just a small piece of advice. Other then that I have to say that this was a gripping piece, well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


A gripping read, loved it x

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010


Author

The Water Queen
The Water Queen

Lehi, UT



About
All of my books and poems are my work excpet the fanfictions. I own my ideas and my characters and will take rightful actions if i find them stolen. I have been brought to this world to bring the .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The Water Queen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..