My Crimson Tears

My Crimson Tears

A Chapter by The Water Queen
"

Please listen to the song at the bottom of the page while reading this short story Copyright: Kelcey Winn

"

Blade sat there; he sat there until he could no longer take her dull eye’s stare. There was no life behind them. There was no more of her mortal warmth behind the color to keep him happy anymore. He held her, pulled her body close and tight to him. She had died for him, she had come here for him, and it was his fault that she had been killed. His love, his damned love, had taken her away from him the instant he had said those dam able words. He felt the disgust rise and falter as he pushed it away. She was dead because of his Father’s useless rules. He searched the courtyard for anything to wrap her bloody body in. But there was nothing but the sad, white snow around them. He caught the sight of the coffin all covered in the innocents life. It still ran off the sides onto the stone floor, the top almost completely cleared off from where she had landed. He growled. His utter animal instinct covering his anger that he felt at his family. He laid his lover on the ground, careful as not to damage her anymore that her mortal body already was. He kissed her forehead and left her side to go to the coffin.

 

His brother’s coffin. The deadly thing that kept his brother under siege, even as he was lapping at the crimson drink that seeped into the cracks. I should release him, Blade pondered; I should release him and murder him like he did my parents. Then I should murder Black just like she had killed Kelcey. The name of his lover made him wince at the pain of her loss. Her soul had not yet entered his; he was yet still alone in the courtyard. He hissed and moved away from the ceremonial coffin. His eyes shifting back to the young girl he had left alone for so many years. The girl that was his only sunshine in the cold world he had created for himself. He shrank down to his knees. More unable to move at the thought of her being gone.  How many years will I have till her spirit abandons me for heaven? He asked himself.

 

She looked so peaceful though. Her youthful, gentle face held a small flicker of a smile across her lips. The same smile she had given to him the night before. Blade moaned and fell to his side, letting the soft snow rise above his eyesight. Is that what I want? To never see her again? He bolted back up, his eyes finding the entrance to the courtyard. She stood there. The woman that many had called death, the woman that came to take the dying to the underworld. She looked younger then Kelcey when she had died.  A cruel death was what had appointed her the role of Death bringer. She was pale white and unearthly beautiful. She chuckled across the courtyard as she vanished from his view and over to Kelcey’s lifeless vessel. He flew up to his feet and moved to Kelcey’s side before Death had time to touch her.

 

“Take me,” he said desperately, it was the only thing he knew to say to the young girl before he fell back onto his hands. He had no strength to stand up to her, to protect his dead lover’s soul from her. She took a sharp glance in his direction. Her sharp features caused him to shrink away from her. Even though she was a gem to this world she was frightening. Her eyes were an ice blue with touches of red to the pupil. Her lips were the color of lifeless petals on a flower. And when she smiled she caused his heart to stop beating.

 

“Are you so desperate to see her again that you would ask me to kill you?” she questioned, her voice was like the coldest of ice to his nerves.

 

“I wish that,”

 

“… No…. I will not kill you today,” she responded wickedly. “She will come back in the same body, with the same personality. Everything. No…. You will live to see her grow up, and to love her again.”

 

“I cannot take another thirty decades of loneliness,” he said. “I cannot take another day without her warmth.”

 

“But you will have to. Go back. Save your coven. Be the vampire prince that you have always been. And when her soul leaves you, search for her. Even if it requires years you must search for her,” Death said softly. Death kissed Kelcey’s forehead and caressed her cold face for only a second before vanishing from the wicked scene.

 

“But how will I know how to find her?” he asked the empty air, but no reply came. The immortals of the world had left him to ponder the words on his own. No God would help a damned creature like him with his happiness. “How will I survive without her soft kisses to wake me in the morning?”



© 2010 The Water Queen


Author's Note

The Water Queen
Please tell me if there are any typos haha. Ignore grammer please.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww this was sad. I feel bad for him. Good job on this though.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh, how sad. I feel so bad for Blade, having to wait anther thirty decades for his love.
:( The music fits perfectly. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I agreed with the story and music. I thought it was good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The story and music work powerfully together. Amazing write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


such a beautiful and sad story. and the song really made it that much better. thank you for sharing. like Zeitgeist_Manifesto said, superb.

Posted 14 Years Ago


omg. intense. The music really drove it home. I loved it!!!
Emotions Emotions everywhere. Superb.


Posted 14 Years Ago


All of these mini stories I am posting are parts to bigger stories that I am working on. :) So no worries you will get to know how these came to be and how it will end

Posted 14 Years Ago


So i like the plot and the music together. As everybody has said here. Its emotional, deep, beautiful, and you can picture it as clear as day. Nice flow.
Only thing.. It makes me want to read MORE. More of this story and how it ends. Honestly im just not satisfied with the ending BUT its your story :)
Once again; Good write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Emotional, deep, transcending.

Posted 14 Years Ago


beautiful and sad... i hope that death is right.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

508 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010


Author

The Water Queen
The Water Queen

Lehi, UT



About
All of my books and poems are my work excpet the fanfictions. I own my ideas and my characters and will take rightful actions if i find them stolen. I have been brought to this world to bring the .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The Water Queen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fear Fear

A Poem by HorrorMaster


Memory Memory

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Ditch Ditch

A Poem by HorrorMaster