Fire and Water

Fire and Water

A Chapter by The Water Queen

Sisters stood facing each other. One blazing with fire, a swarm of evil falling behind her in an increasing magnatude. Enchantress smiled; she feared what the end would bring; all of the mortal realm did, even her strong willed hunsband. She looked through out the valley. Thousands were still fighting; still dying at magic's hand. A single tear began its fall down her cheek. She felt it slide slowly down her face and catch at the end of her jaw. It hung there, waiting for any chilling movement to send it down to the taitned soil. Would it purify it? She brought her eyes back up towards her sister.

 

The very devil himself stood before her in woman's clothes. She was darker now. Her skin a lighter color, like snow, more possibly like death. Her lips had thinned out and were painted red from blood. Enchantress could smell the sickening scent and tried to hold her breath. Maraush was more fragile looking; her entire frame had not consumed human food in almost three years and her bones were starting to jut out. Her eyes were crimson, wide and wild with bloodlust. Her thin fingers wrapped around her swords hilt, and to Enchantress it seemed that it took her sister effort to hold it. She wore the blackest of dresses that only came down to her knees. Her brown hair was pleated down to the middle of her back. Enchantress smiled once more, watching as a wicked smile slid across her sister's identical face.

 

"What do you propose sweet sister?" Maraush said, her words were like a cat's. Sinister and sneaky in its presence.

 

"What you have already presented," Enchantress replied. She surprised herself with how cold she sounded toward her own sister.

 

Maraush raised her sword. The gold of the blade shimmering in the low sun. Her eyes narrowed and her smile produced rabid fangs throughout her mouth. Echantress felt like shrinking back and running away from something that could be so evil; To be touched by her would be suicide. Echantress raised her sword and issued the invintation. Maruash nodded and charged. Her blade connecting harhsly with Enchantress'. Sparks flew as the sisters parried; showing each other what the years had taught them. A cut there; a swing here. Maraush was hissing; anger taking her over. She had been trained better then this; she had been trained to kill. Enchantress pushed her sister off and jumped backwards. Maruash let out an angry cry and charged at her sister again. Rage filling the attacks that ensued. Enchantress parried them; knocking them away like an unwanted fly.

 

"No," Maruash hissed. "You are worthless and weak."

 

She was fighting at full speed. And nothing had gotten through. Her anger shifted and so did her eyes. She stared down at Enchantress' grown belly. The belly that hosted the chosen child of God. Maraush chuckled and thrust her sword towards her belly only t o be blocked once again. Enchantress oushed her hand, knocking the blade across the clearing. Thunk! It landed heavily. Maraush laughed and grabbed Enchantress' blade with her hand. Red liquid began to slip down the blade's surface. Enchantress tried to pull her sword away but feared she would do more damage. Maraush smiled; her face was wild with lust and war. She grabbed the sword from her sister and threw it aside.

 

"Lets see how you do against fire," she spat as she snapped her fingers together.

 

Flames errupted in her palm and she chucked it at Enchantress. Enchantress had no time to move and willed her magic to protect her. She heard a splash and an angry growl come from her sister.

 

"They gave you.... They gave you water.... Those createns," she was mumbling to herself. She paced back and forth. Her eyes searching wildly for an answer to her sister's destruction. "The baby in your womb.... ahe.... yes she has to be the reason for the great increase in your magic."

 

She brought her fierce gaze back to Enchantress and laughed wickedly. She pulled more fire into her hands and began her attack again. Enchantress conjoured water just as fast, whipping the flames away. Her eyes lighting up at the clash of power. Maruash luaghed and continued on. Her person coming closer and closer to Enchantress.

 

"What shall we call the child, sweet sister?" Maraush asked playfully, "Anine? Kelsey? Death?"

 

"You cannot have my child," Enchantress spoke as she willed more water from the ground.

 

"We will see to that sweet sister,"

 

 



© 2010 The Water Queen


Author's Note

The Water Queen
Copyright:Kelcey Winn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the battle of water and flames. It is truly elemental and magical. The identical sisters battling it out one good one evil is a nice detail in the story. Your characters spring off the page and come to life in my minds eye. This is a story i would like to read more of as long as nothing happens to that baby. lol Great imaginative write you have craftily created here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this, very powerful & well written =D

Posted 13 Years Ago


excellent story with a great music that goes along with it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is one amazing write here.
I like this, this is very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ignore grammer and typos

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010


Author

The Water Queen
The Water Queen

Lehi, UT



About
All of my books and poems are my work excpet the fanfictions. I own my ideas and my characters and will take rightful actions if i find them stolen. I have been brought to this world to bring the .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The Water Queen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..