Chapter 1 - The Stairway

Chapter 1 - The Stairway

A Chapter by Dragonhawk0

Creak! There it was again, Lucy thought. The sound of a door opening above her. The only problem was that she was on the top floor of the abandoned building. She had been awoken by that sound more than once. There had been strange happenings around her house for the last couple weeks. Things would get moved to places that didn't make sense. Her keys were on the wood pile. Her scarf was being used as a flag. A room that hadn't been opened for a week had a light on. These types of things normally could be explained as homeless children but the front door has been locked for a week and she hasn't seen anyone around. Lucy finally decides to go investigate. She pulls herself out of bed and into some black combat boots. She is dressed in a black t-shirt and camouflage cargo pants. She throws on her jacket and grabs her handgun from underneath her pillow and straps on her ankle knife. As she ascends the stairs toward the entrance to the roof that hasn't had a door for as long as she can remember, she feels a cold breeze and the lights flicker on. She gets a chill deeper than any cold she has ever felt. All of a sudden there was just black.



© 2014 Dragonhawk0


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this! I love how you used sensory details in this, you make your reader feel the cold breeze, and the chill that's deeper than any other she's had. I can hear the door opening above me.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dragonhawk0

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! I've never had feedback on anything creative this fast before!
DACAC

9 Years Ago

It popped up on my news feed, and I gave it a quick read! No problem!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 23, 2014


Author

Dragonhawk0
Dragonhawk0

Marshall, MN



About
I enjoy science fiction and fantasy genres of book and movies. I love video games and would like to get into writing for fun to push my creative limits and extend my vocabulary. more..

Writing
Finding Her Finding Her

A Chapter by Dragonhawk0