Chapter 3 - New Day

Chapter 3 - New Day

A Chapter by Dragonhawk0

Lucy awoke once more confused. She was no longer in the stairwell. As she sat up and looked around she realized that something had changed. She couldn’t quite figure out what but something just felt different. She decided to go check out the stairwell again. As she approached the stairwell, she realized that it was still dark, even though it was light outside. She looked up the staircase and the door had been replaced by a brick wall. Frustrated, she ran up the stairs and slammed her palm against the wall expecting pain and blood. When she pulled her hand away it had already healed the cuts and the marks were starting to fade. She realized that the door that she had touched had changed her greatly. It wasn’t the building that was different, it was her. As Lucy came to that realization she began to think about what else she could do and how much the healing powers could help her. She returned to her room, sat on her bedroll, and pulled out her knife. It was a great knife. It had a handle made from the bone of a wolf with a small ruby set in the bottom of the handle. The blade was just over 4 inches long and made from black, high-grade carbon steel with a platinum inscription down the side. No one could tell her what it said or even what language it might be. It appeared to be a menacing message in a dark language. As she drew it across her skin, she felt the burn and watched as the blood rolled out around the tip of the blade. The self-inflicted wound healed almost instantly. She realized she would have to be seriously injured to slow down the healing. She grabbed the sheath and stuck it between her teeth. She took a deep breath and plunged the knife into her forearm. As she drew out the knife she could see the wound begin to heal and then almost as fast as before the wound healed. She put her knife away and decided to go for a run to clear her head. She threw on her shoes and headed downstairs and out the back way.

 



© 2014 Dragonhawk0


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on November 19, 2014
Last Updated on November 23, 2014


Author

Dragonhawk0
Dragonhawk0

Marshall, MN



About
I enjoy science fiction and fantasy genres of book and movies. I love video games and would like to get into writing for fun to push my creative limits and extend my vocabulary. more..

Writing
Finding Her Finding Her

A Chapter by Dragonhawk0