Autumn Antics

Autumn Antics

A Story by Caitlin
"

Just a short story! :)

"

"Do you love me?" She asked, staring longingly at her high-school sweetheart sitting next to her. He gave a long, exaggerated sigh, as he placed his elbows on his knees and returned his distant gaze back to the floor. His silence gave her the only answer she'll ever need; That he didn't love her, and that in-fact she was never good enough for him.

She didn't understand why he felt the need to betray her trust the way he did. When did he turn so cold towards her? Did she do something wrong? She had a strong feeling of confusion as she wondered why his once gentle, loving hands had suddenly become harsh and unforgiving.


She could feel the itchiness of the park bench underneath her worn out jeans. Above their heads were a chandelier of leaves, showing an array of bright oranges, reds and yellows, which were swaying gently in the crisp autumn wind. The park was scattered with leaves, as they were swept up in small, whimsical tornadoes across the grass. She looked admiringly across the park in which she was sat, looking at the beauty before her in which seemed like a piece of artwork that belonged in a Art Gallery. A fragile orange leaf fell from the old oak tree swaying above her head, and it landed gracefully in her lap. She picked up the leaf and it crumbled at her touch, as she discarded the fragments on the park floor. As she did so, she couldn't help but feel as if she, herself, were a mere leaf, broken and betrayed by love and thrown away afterwards as if she was nothing.


A singular tear rolled down her cheek, which was now painted red, bitten by the wind's sharp sting. She returned her gaze to her lover, who was now staring at her with large innocent-looking eyes, that of which belong to a child. He gently placed his hand on her cheek, slowly whipping away her tears with his thumb. She knew he wasn't good for her, and that he didn't deserve her...

But she looked into his icy pale-green eyes and fell in love with him all over again.

© 2016 Caitlin


Author's Note

Caitlin
This was just a small activity I decided to do before jumping into a writing project I was working on :)
Let me know what you think! It's not one of my best pieces of work, so bare that in mind.. Hope you like it!

~Caitlin. x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked your descriptive talent. But I am like that too when I write. I liked it even if you feel it isn't your best. I play classical gitar and know when it is not my best. Yet the applause still comes. Bravo, *Clap**Clap***Clap.... good piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
1 Review
Added on May 21, 2016
Last Updated on July 31, 2016

Author

Caitlin
Caitlin

United Kingdom



Writing
Stars Stars

A Story by Caitlin





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5