Stars

Stars

A Story by Caitlin
"

Depression.

"
Depression.
When people hear that word, they think of sadness. They think of laziness.
But no one wants to talk about the truth; the tough stuff. Like the way that it takes over your body like a cloud that you cannot escape. Like the way it fills your lungs like smoke, rationing your air.
No one wants to talk about the way it coils inside your stomach, like a virus, and suddenly everything you once loved is now a distant memory; A sour taste in the back of your tongue.
It's isolation. It's selfish. It doesn't want you to socialise with your friends, it wants you all to itself so it can wrap it's icy fingers around your body like a fine black lace.
It's hatred. It's looking at everyone around you who seem to have everything going right in their lives, and feeling utter hatred crackling in the pit of your gut, like a stick of dynamite waiting to be detonated.

It's those same people who say that "Only in darkness will you be able to see the light of the stars"... But I don't see the stars. My world is a canvas of black, the corners and seams merging together to create a blank sheet of darkness.

There are no Stars here.
Just Black.
And Loneliness.

© 2017 Caitlin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on June 18, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017

Author

Caitlin
Caitlin

United Kingdom



Writing
Heartbreak Heartbreak

A Poem by Caitlin