No Heart Never Love(d)

No Heart Never Love(d)

A Poem by Titan
"

An experimental poem. Comments?

"

No Heart Never Love(d)

 

 

It makes sense to just give up,

to throw away my chances,

to leave behind the pain.

But my heart begs me to follow

all those desperate old clichés:

No pain, no gain.”

“Follow your heart.”

 

What if I have no heart?

It’s entirely possible.

After all, I’ve never loved,

and never been loved.

 

 

Never give up.”

 

Okay.

 

I’ll pick up the pieces and start again.

Once again.

Maybe for the last time,

and maybe not.

 

Love yourself.”

Maybe that’s all I need.

 

M a y b e.

© 2010 Titan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wow this is a poem that is really realteable. it makes me think, what if all you really need is to love yourself? i pretty much fell in love with this, i love the whole idea of it. ontop of that, the the flow was really good, and it moved really easily. amazing job :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i loved this piece! the cliche are very mirrored by the thoughts you have, i liked it! on the libraryshelf for me!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem really got me thinking, as what you've discussed is something so true, and questions many often ask themselves. I liked the structure, it was unique, and the way you expressed the title. Nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I, too, like that it mirrors the internal struggle that so many people go through every day. you've certainly accomplished something by writing something that needs no characters, imagery or specifics in general to stand on its own.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing piece. I liked this alot. I can relate. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


In this poem, you suggest you plan to follow some cliches... well, the whole poem is a cliche, isn't it? The double negative in the title sets up the back and forth thinking in the text... good job on that. I don't know whether the format of the 2nd stanza is purposeful or an accident of posting (some of my postings don't get formatted correctly) - whatever, go with it. It woks as the stanza that shows ambivalence, questioning oneself about inner feelings (good to be offset from the remaining stanzas). The theme flows through the stanzas well with no unnecessary side trips. I like the changing (foreshortening) size of the stanzas as the poem progresses... puts the reader in mind of someone who's equivocated at the onset, narrowed his/her choices and decided to go for it at the end. Good writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love yourself- is one of the important thing that we need to do, if we don't love our own self then who else will??
but maybe we might not know, there might be some one loving or at least liking us without our knowledge....
But one thing is for sure , no matter what
God loves us.....

nice poem

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bah! this is wonderful! I must thank Stephen for sharing it with me...
What I like most about this is your use of aesthetics to emphasize certain words and parts. Also, the back and forth questioning and reasoning is easy to relate to the internal battles readers may have. Very well done, very well indeed!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great job on the poem

Posted 14 Years Ago


Loved the layout of your poem. The flow is excellent too. And the poem is fantastic. I often wonder myself, if you've never loved do you know how to love someone else? And is loving yourself enough? Makes a person really want to think of this issues.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I pretty much loved the flow and the format.
It made you think.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1084 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on February 27, 2010
Last Updated on February 27, 2010

Author

Titan
Titan

NJ



About
I'm just a teenager who writes about what he cannot express in words. Oh, and by the way, I'm gay. -- I am quite thankful for all the reviewers and readers. Never would I have thought that any .. more..

Writing
hit the floor hit the floor

A Poem by Titan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..