I'm in an awful stew !

I'm in an awful stew !

A Poem by Tom
"

....about my problem, in fact six problems !

"

O’ what a pickle, a befuddle an awful stew,

I have so many and they stick to me like glue,

when I go to bed they all come along too ,

they're in my cupboards, the attic and even the loo!

 

I feel like the old woman who lived in a shoe,

who had so many children, she did not know what to do,

visitors won’t call anymore, cause they can’t get a pew

and anyway, I’m forever out walkies, then washing with shampoo!

 

Gizmo was the first, then Popsy made two

a boy and a girl, who loved each other true

so naturally cupid’s arrow, between them sweetly flew

and eight weeks later, I had four more little bundles, brand new!

 

Now there's a Tilly, a Teddy and a fluffy Furby-foo

not forgetting a tiny wee black one, I call Scooby-doo,

they love to play, bark, bounce, enjoy a slipper to chew

and kick up a din, oh deary me what a rowdy, raucous, ravenous crew!

 

They make more noise than any skipping kangaroo,

flock of guinea fowl, or an angry herd of stampeding gnu

and at supper time when their grub is plainly on view,

it’s like feeding time for the monkeys and hyenas at the city Zoo!

 

But when I’m feeling down or a little blue

despite all this racket and hullabaloo,

nothing cheers me up more, than a cuddly Shih-Tzu

and I wouldn’t swap one of my six little dogs, for all the gold in Timbuktu!

© 2013 Tom


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Since I'm a fur-freak myself (2 dogs & 2 bunnies), I can't help but love this. One thing I love is how you pick unusual details & ideas to SHOW instead of tell (esp. 5th stanza with unusual animal comparisons). Another thing I love is how you write with much dynamic action, so the playfulness spills from your words. This is a great celebration for us animal hoarders! *wink! wink!* Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

5 Years Ago

Thank you Margie, I've got nine of them now since I wrote that poem 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶.. read more



Reviews

How delightful, Tom! Your poetry is often a joy to read and I enjoyed this one very much. Those little pups must make your life a lot of fun.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

Thank you Joyce and yes indeed, they're great fun !
Tom I loved this:) But I say next time gets that way just go cook lol. Held a great rhyme with awesome flow:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

Thank you Jonathan and it was fun to write as well !
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Welcome Tom , I bet.
Six little bundles of joy--how can you not be happy...?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

As we speak Maria chaos has erupted once more.....and it is heavenly !!!!
This is cleverly purged! And a pleasure to read, good to meet you Tom :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

And you Poppy, thanks for the visit too !
Cute and clever and an absolute delight to read!

:) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

Thank you Julie, you are a gem of a jewel !!
congrats to a frazzled, happy man. I presume you now have some kind of birth control.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

A most pertinent question Dean and yes indeed, measures were taken ! Thanks for visiting !
Such growing fun from first word to last.. left me with a gigantic grin, Sunday is even brighter than it was five minutes ago, rain, dark clouds and all! Thank you

I've two dogs, both my dear, dear friends.. they take me out come rain, snow or shine; they shed hair around the house; make odd noises at night; cost me a bomb in food etc. etc.,. Plus: plus nuzzle my heart into happiness when they sense a little extra love is called for. Aren't we lucky, arent you fortunate to have six of them vying for your attention and affection! Wonderfully sweet and fun post, Tom. :))

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

Thank you Emma Joy and yes indeed, they are most definitely man's ( & woman's ) best friends !!
Tom

10 Years Ago

ps.. keep an eye out for their photos...they'll be on here soon !!
emmajoy

10 Years Ago

I will, I will! :)
:) I wish you could see the smile this has brought, Tom! Animals are the loyalist of companions, and bring such chaotic joy! Great poem, Tom!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

My point exactly Rita and thanks for your kindly review!
this is a cute and funny way to take an upside view of our problems...

and that little dog, those little dogs can make us smile no matter what we are going through.

reminds us that we need to never lose or sense of humor or sense of delight over the little things in life...because they make the big things that bring us down..a little lighter and easier to withstand.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Tom

10 Years Ago

Well said indeed Jacob, I couldn't agree more and thanks for your visit !
Ya got me grinnin' from ear to ear with the thought of all those adorable, wonderful, precious Darling doggies that are your charges for walks, playing, feeding, and more walks, playing, and feeding, but what a wonderful way to spend one's time!! I can just see them romping about, little Tilly, Teddy, Furby, Scooby-doo, Gizmo and Popsy and their Poppy and Mommy too - you and Mrs. Tom!!!

I had 8 dogs at one time while doing foster care, (4 were mine lock, stock and barrel) and I loved each and every one of them; then took care of one who had a litter of 6 puppies in the kitchen who went back to be adopted, but as far as I am concerned, one can never have enough dogs about the home!!!

My dream was to be a trainer for hearing impaired dogs but got injured by one of my dogs - took a running dive at me and injured my ankle so I never was able to get strong enough in that ankle to become a certified K-9 trainer, but the desire was there, and still is!

I love, love, love your poem............perfect rhyme, even more perfect story of one who has a tremendous heart for our little 4 legged creatures! Shih-Tzu's are so dang cute to begin with!!

So, a very big, arf, bow wow, lick lick to you!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

10 Years Ago

Thank you indeed Sheila for such a charming review and indeed I wholeheartedly concur, the more the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

1324 Views
38 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2013
Last Updated on November 30, 2013

Author

Tom
Tom

United Kingdom



About
Forget me not, poet friends 😍 more..

Writing
Incels .. Incels ..

A Poem by Tom



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..