I Am The Shadow Broker

I Am The Shadow Broker

A Chapter by ToxicSerenade

If you want anything, anything in the world, all you have to do is talk to me. If you want books, expensive jewelry, money, valuable house hold items, even knives, swords, guns. I am known as the shadow broker. I break into peoples houses, and I am the one that people secretly know about, if I can trust them not to tell anyone. Here's how it works, if I see someone post an AD about wanting something, or even a homeless person, then I will talk to them. If they gain my trust, then I will eventually tell them who I am, and what I do. I also have an organization with a good friend of mine, he is the one who started all of this. Believing in giving gifts is one thing, but helping people for free by breaking into others houses, or cars, is even better. It might sound contradicting, but I would rather help people for free, than to spend all of my money for gifts. My good friend was originally the leader of this, but he entitled me instead. Others know about us, and we have about four other friends that come to us sometimes, wanting something that they can sell for money if they need to pay a bill, or food for their families. When I steal for them, they usually give me half of the money for my hard work. It's not easy trying to sneak in, but getting the job done is worth it in the end. If we trust someone enough, then we allow them to tell others about us. I make sure that they won't tell the police, and are trust worthy to keep us on the down low. There have been a few mistakes and someone almost betrayed us, but we threatened to take everything they own. That shut them down and made them not want to come near us again. "Broker!" My name was called, and I slipped out of my day dream. It was the voice of my friend, Ashes. Now, "Broker" isn't actually my real name, it's a nickname that's been stuck to me. My friends gave me this nickname because I break into houses, at night. I turned around to face Ashes. "Yeah?" I asked. "Any new customers lately?" He asked as he sat on the chair in front of me. We are sitting in our dark hideout, that we built underground. "No, we've been running dry lately. I've not been making money as much as I want." The last thing that a customer wanted was a gun. It took a while for me to get to it, considering that the victims house was secured. It took about an hour or two at the most, because there were security cameras around and motion sensor lights that I had to hack secretly. I'm an expert when it comes to that, and thieving. "Oh, that's too bad dude..none of our friends have been wanting anything of value or know anybody with something expensive." The sound of Ashes' voice was the tone of disappointment. "Yeah I know.." I got up after getting done with the sandwich I was eating. Right when we were finished talking, there was a sound coming from the underground bell that we built in. I stopped moving and then turned to Ashes. "Hear that?" Someone rings the bell from the outside, if they were sent to us. The bell is attached to a string that hits against another bell in our hide out. "Maybe it's a customer.." He said in hopefulness. We both opened the door to the outside. There was a young male, black hair and green eyes. He looked as if he was a young teenager, almost aging to the twenties. Usually we can tell if someone is poor or rich by the way their clothing is. This kid looked very very poor. "Um.." The young man cleared his throat. "You..are called the Broker?" He was looking at Ashes instead of me, and I laughed. "Nah..he's an ally. I'm the one that you are meaning to speak to." The embarrassment was clear on his face. "Oh..sorry about that.." I was curious as to who this guy was. "So who are you? What do you want? How do you know about me?" The rules were to ask these three questions to any, and every body that came to visit me. It's always good to be skeptical upon meeting someone new. "My name is Lunar.." An interesting and weird name, that's for sure. I can't say much, because my best friends' name is Ashes. "That's a cool name, so what do you want?" The poor looking boy looked down and he shivered from the cold. "A coat..and a lot of food..and medicine for my dying mother." I stood there looking at him, feeling sorry for the guy. "She's dying? What good will the medicine be for her?" Lunar looked away and I could tell he was about to cry. "So she can die with less pain, I wan't pain medicine." I felt bad for this guy already. "As far as the whole..who sent me deal, I was told about you by some other homeless friend of mine." Wait, he's homeless? "So who was the homeless person?" I asked, as if I was testing him. "His name is Joel." I stopped and tried to remember if I helped someone out by the name of Joel. I then remembered a couple of weeks ago, I helped Joel get an expensive gun. I nodded to show him that I remembered the homeless man. "So what did he tell you about me?" I bet Lunar feels as if I'm a professor at a college, asking him every question about a previous quiz. He took a few minutes to gather his memory and fidgeted with his ragged sleeve. "He said that you know how to get the job done..and now he isn't going to be homeless any more soon..because of the money that he got from a gun that you stole for him." Not to brag, but when someone says I get the job done, it makes me feel conceited, and confident. "Wow..I didn't think I helped him that much.." I smirked, knowing damn well that I knew I help people out, that much. "Alright kid, well first we have to test you for a week. We have to see if you can be trust worthy enough for us to do this for you, understand?" He almost hesitated as if that would be too long to wait. "Alright.." Finally he agreed and we shook hands. Normally a person never agrees this soon, they tend to be skeptical and distrusting of us. "Are the tests hard or?" Lunar was curious. "They're easy as long as you pay attention to the rules.." I reassured Lunar. He had on a grey ragged shirt, and no shoes, along with dirty looking pants. The pants appeared to be too tight around him, as if he out grew them. We went over the rules and regulations, and how he is forbidden to report us to the police. If he reports us to the police, then someone else in our group will steal from a wealthy person, and then pay for one of us to get out of jail. Failure in following our rule also results in having everything they own taken away from them. 


© 2015 ToxicSerenade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015