The Test Of Loyalty

The Test Of Loyalty

A Chapter by ToxicSerenade

It has been a week later, and Lunar has not disappointed. The tests of trust consisted of various quests, as we like to call them. Some days he had to go to a location that we asked him to go to. Our spy named "Seven", would be sent out to see if he really went to a certain location, and come back to tell us. This was all to figure out if Lunar would lie about his whereabouts, and if he lied about doing what we asked him to do. "So far so good.." I said in response to Seven, whenever he told me he passed every test given unto him. The last thing we needed to know, was his date of birth, and proof of his real name. To see the proof of his real name, we would know he isn't lying about his identity. I get scared that some day, someone will find out about us and send someone secretly, and possibly faking a name. Tonight, we told Lunar to meet our whole gang in a dark secluded area. I ordered them to stop walking and they all looked annoyed, they knew what I was about to ask of them. "Wait a minute.." A smirk appeared on my face, almost turning into a full smile. "You know what part we're at now right guys?" I got their attention. Seven burped after taking a sip from his 7-Up soda. "Yeah, the part where we test his loyalty, I don't see why he have to do this every time though." Seven said as he threw his bottle of soda down, carelessly. "It's to know if he really is serious about this." I reminded them all. Ashes reached in his pocket, and pulled out a single invisible dart. Now, these invisible darts are used to shoot somebody, but they can't see or feel the pain. I invented it in my underground hideout, and it causes hallucinations for a few minutes. I can control the hallucinations depending on the color of tube that I put inside of the dart. "Now..the red tube is to signify danger." I nodded at Ashes whenever he gave me the dart, as if I was thanking him. "Ashes, you shoot him..and soon enough he will be thinking that I'm drowning by the lake. He will either save me, or he will run away." Ashes nodded to let me know that he heard me. "I hope I don't accidentally hit you instead." He joked and the others laughed. "Oh shut up, let's just get there." We got closer to the spot where Lunar was supposed to meet us. There was a light suddenly, a fire. We told him to make a fire so that we will know where he is. "Alright..go behind that tree. Whenever you see me hold up my index finger slightly, you shoot." Ashes listened to my command, and quickly hid behind a tree. There he was, a poor ragged clothing wearing guy, sitting by the fire. No idea that he was about to get shot by a hallucination inducing dart. "Hey man." I saw him warming his hands up by the heat of the fire. "So, we all came here to let you know that I will get whatever you want, since you have done everything right." He looked happy and hopeful. "So you guys trust me?" There was a pause between all of us. "I don't know, I mean Broker has a hard time trusting people." Seven used his loud mouth once again as always. I nudged him in annoyance. "Shh." I whispered. "I do trust you, don't listen to this moron over here. The last thing we need is proof of identification. Birth certificate, and blood type. Everything." I looked over at the tree that Ashes was hiding behind, and I threw up my signal. Suddenly, Lunar's eyes fixated onto the dark river. "Oh no!" He cried out and we all watched him rush to the waters. Seven opened up a very loud can of soda. Yep, you guessed it..7-Up. "Look at him go at it!" Seven exclaimed as he loudly drank his soda. "Can you be quieter, please?" I rolled my eyes and kept watching Lunar in the water, as if he was grabbing my body like a life guard. Our other friend named Purple began to make a valid point. "You know, when he comes to, he is gonna wonder why your clothes are still dry." Purple was right, whenever he becomes aware, he is gonna wonder why I am dry. He was the brains of our group, but then again we are all smart and skilled. Purple was skilled at logical reasoning. "So it looks like you'll have to jump into the water, as if you were drowning." I turned to Purple whenever he said that. "I guess I do have to." I didn't want to, because hell, what if I DO end up needing to be saved? This kid is going to think that he has saved me twice. Ashes came up to us and watched the frail kid in the water. "I'll be right back." I walked closer to the water, and jumped in. "The dart will wear off in two minutes." Ashes told the others and I hurried back to the land. Lunar was out of breath and soon came back to reality. I had to act as if I was out of breath also. "Are you alright..?" The kid asked as I fake panted. "Yeah..I'm fine..thanks for saving me." I smiled at him and he looked down. "Why did you jump in the water anyway?" He was very confused and gave me a weird look. "Well, I love water and I had a sudden urge to go for a swim..but obviously I can't swim like I used to." Lunar looked away and my group had to cover their laughs and smiles, by clearing their throats. "I didn't want anything to happen to you, I know its been a week but..you kinda have become my friend. My mom died..it was only a matter of time." The news of his mom passing away, I have to admit, it made me feel bad. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you the medicine sooner so she wouldn't have felt as much pain." I empathized for him and we all sat by the fire. "So you see us as friends?" Lunar seemed uncomfortable with me asking all of the questions. He poked at the fire with a stick, like he was nervous or trying to avoid my question. "That's what I just said isn't it?" The kids voice sounded a little annoyed. Purple was very quiet around other people besides us, so he didn't say a word the whole time. He wore a very dark purple draped hood around his head. He would occasionally clear his throat as if he felt awkward in social situations. I never could understand him, but he's a good friend. Ashes was calm, but serious. "No need to get a tone with Broker." Ashes seemed to have scolded Lunar. A sip was heard beside me, it was Seven. "Mmm, I love SEVEN up. Get it? The pun?" We all went quiet and there was a sound of crickets near by. Lunar seemed to have somewhat laughed at his corny joke. After we all talked for a while, I thought of what I told Lunar earlier, about his identification. "Well..tomorrow..remember." Lunar looked confused whenever I said that. "Identification." I reminded him. 


© 2015 ToxicSerenade


Free author website
Try us! FREE..Before you spend $1000s of dollars, spend 10 hours tinkering on Wordpress, or pay $20 a month for hosting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015