Late

Late

A Chapter by ToxicSerenade

"Broker, wake up." I awoke to the sound of Purple's voice. I overslept, as always. I looked at Purple sitting in a chair across from my bed. He looked like he was about to prey on me or something. "You look like you're going to kill someone." Purple didn't say anything to me when I made that remark. "Just kidding..anyway..what time is it? Where's Ashes?" Ashes is usually the one that wakes me up, but today it was Purple. "He's still asleep too, you both overslept..we have to meet that kid today, remember?" That sentence made me sit up very fast and my hands started moving across the bed at the speed of light. "Where the hell are my clothes!?" Panicking, I finally found my pants for today and my shirt. "How late did we sleep?" Purple looked at his phone to check the time. "We were supposed to meet him an hour ago. You weren't up yet, so we all overslept. I was the first to wake up on my own not long ago." The worst thing in the world, is to be late whenever you promise someone to be at a certain place at a certain time. "Damn it!" How ironic, we were giving this Lunar kid some tests of trust, and loyalty, whenever I can't even get up in time to meet him somewhere. What kind of group does that make us look like? I hurried to Ashes room and shook his bed because he's a deep sleeper. His body still refused to wake up. I sighed and only thought of one other option. "Give me your phone if you don't mind." Purple handed me his phone, and I went into the notification alarm sounds. "What's the loudest sound on here?" I scrolled through his sound options and he looked over my shoulder and pulled his dark purple hood over his head. "The air horn." I then pulled out my phone, and went into my notifications, and there it was. The air horn options were on both phones. "Alright..this might work." Confidently, I turned up the volume on our phones. "Three, two, one." The air horns made such a loud sound that Purple even had to cover up his ears. Ashes suddenly awoke, and the sounds made him jump. I have to admit, the guy looked like he was on a Pogo stick, or a trampoline. "WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?" He yelled at me and grabbed my phone. "What are you doing!?" He panted. "I just had a bad dream that I was in front of a car and about to get hit, you think those sounds are a joke? The horns in the dream sounded just like that." Seven came in the room suddenly and busted out laughing. "Damn, guy looked like he was a duck getting shot by a duck hunter." Seven put on his green and black hoodie. "I saw it all, I was standing in the door way watching, that was almost as fun as spying on people." Seven commented. I saw Ashes get his clothes angrily and then he got dressed. "Sorry, but we have a place to go to today, remember?" Ashes face looked like he was in thought. "Ohhhhh..what uh..time is it?" His nervousness was obvious because he has always been scared to make me disappointed by waking up late. "We should have been gone an hour ago." Purple told Ashes. I sighed and felt annoyed with myself. "Let's just shut up and go to the place we told him to wait for us at..maybe he's still there." We all rushed out the door and I saw a red and black motorcycle, and also a purple and black one. "So you brought the motorcycles today?" I looked at Purple and he nodded as he covered up more with his black and purple long hooded hoodie. He got on his bike and motioned for Seven to get on the back. I got on my red and black motorcycle, and Ashes proceeded to join me. "Oh hellllll yeah! I haven't been on this motorcycle in a long time." Seven said as he threw out his can of soda. I shook my head at his randomness, and we both started up the engines simultaneously. Later, we arrived at the spot that Lunar was to meet us at. "I don't see him." Seven said. "Maybe he's up in the tree?" I looked in the tree when Seven said that. "No, he's not there." I told him. I sighed and sat down by the tree and then heard a familiar voice. "What took so long?" Lunar suddenly came up to us all. "Oh..we all thought you left for a minute there." I said nervously and I stood up, brushing off my pants that had grass on them. "We all accidentally slept late, my alarm didn't go off." He looked annoyed and took a deep breath. "It's like the roles were reversed and instead I'm the one setting a meeting up with you guys." It sounded like Lunar was being sarcastic. "Sorry for that..anyway..did you bring what we needed?" Lunar looked confused at first but then jumped up and reached in his pockets. "Yeah, the identification..here's my birth certificate." He handed me the black piece of paper, that had white lettering on it. I skimmed and scanned through it to look for his name. "Lunar Dark Eclipse.I saw his name written at the very top of the certificate. This guys name was quite different. I then looked for his blood type. I noticed that his was blood type was "O". "Where are your parents signatures?" I asked him. Lunar went quiet and looked down. "I was adopted, my real parents didn't want me. My adoptive mother had another certificate somewhere, where she signed it. I can't find that one though..and it's not like I can ask her..because she's..well..you know." I nodded and felt that this paper was enough to trust that it was his identity. "Well..that's enough for us to know." I told him. I handed him his birth certificate and he stuffed it back into his pocket. "We can't just go into any house and rob someone in broad day light." I reminded the kid. "You have to go out to the richest neighborhoods, and when you see a house that you like..then tell me which one you take the interest in. I will try to investigate it and get Seven to see if there are any security cameras." I told him which neighborhoods are the richest in this city, and he took note of them all. There are about five different rich neighborhoods, I almost messed up in one of them, making myself get caught almost. I have to admit, rich houses and mansions get me paranoid and intimidate me, but I don't show it to anyone else. "Alright..thank you guys for your help.." Lunar said to us and we all welcomed him, except for Purple. Purple stayed silent. 


© 2015 ToxicSerenade


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on December 21, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015