How it all Broke Down

How it all Broke Down

A Chapter by Trusting

It had been four weeks since the blonde human/huntress passed away. She died a painful death. A colony of hunters had beat them there. She was barely alive anyway... Elly was gone now and she had helped the three of us get through that scummy swamp. But she'd always be with us. I knew that.

  "Alex!"Kyle brought me back to reality.   
  Mike looked at me from a distance. He wasn't that far ahead but enough to where he couldn't hear Kyle. 
  "Sorry guys, guessed I got sidetracked."
  Mike called after us.
  "Look...Alex...it's been a month since then. Elly would want us to go on; we talked about this."
  I nodded. "I...I know," I bluffed and trudged forward.
  Mike ran ahead again shooting all the infection he saw first.
  Kyle and Mike were back to normal. Joking and laughing about stupid things. Though, they didn't joke about hunters anymore. Rarely even shot one. Guess they too were afraid it was the huntress Elly.
  "Alex!" Kyle yelled, this time punching my arm.
  I cursed at him under my breath. "I'm coming," I tightened the grip to my axe as a lone common attacked me. I kicked the infected kid backward and sliced the blade through its neck. The blood splashed on my face making me wiinch at the taste. "This s**t is always in my mouth!" I complained to the two boys I caught up to.
  They both nodded uselessly as their eyes continued to search the mall we stood infront of.
  "Never seen a mall?" I asked poking them like they were dead frogs.
  Kyle chuckled,"I bet you have."
  Mike burst out laughing.
  "Shut up!" I pushed Mike away. "You're gonna attract a horde!"
  "Specialy with all that yelling,"Kyle inquired.
  I rolled my eyes. "Are we going to go inside or just let these punk a*s infected kill us?"
  Kyle walked forward and pushed on the door to open it. The door stayed in place. Kyle then looked at me like I was an alien. "It's locked."
  "So? Let's just break the glass."
  "Mike, that'll just set off an alarm, and I ain't in no shape to be in a horde," I loked through the glass to see four flights of stairs, a car, and scattered gas cans. "This is so stupid."
  "What?" Kyle and Mike asked.
  "There's brand new, god damn muscle car in there and gas cans that are scattered everywhere."
  "Damn," Mike looked through the window to see for himself. "He's right. Screw the horde! We're getting that car and getting out of here!" He snatched my axe and jammed the handle through the glass, then kicked a hole so he could fit through and get in. A loud alarming alarm set off abruptly.
  "Go!" Kyle yeled urging me into the building. My arm gently brushed the glass enough to cause a sting but no bleeding. Kyle came next. His black hair, like always,  hung in front of his eyes.
  "Where's Mike?" He asked.
  I turned around to see a group of infected ran full speed toward me. "I don't know, but
 we better find him fast cause I need my axe!" My right fist rammed into a young male's
 face. He staggered backwards knocking down a female infected. He got up but instead
 of attacking me he started brawling with the female.
  Kyle jokingly gave me the thumbs up sign. He turned around and kicked a teenage girl's chest. Instead of falling she ran at him and beat his chest twice before I grabbed Kyle's two hand guns and shot her. "Thanks," Kyle said under his breath while I gave him his two guns back.
  "Fellas!" Mike called from a distance. "Here's a stand of guns! They've got adrenaline and medkits, too!"
  I looked at Kyle and gave him the See face.
  "Drop it, Alex. We just need that stuff."
  "We wouldn't need this stuff if the goverment had kept their promise on taking care of this nfection!" I yelled unwanted.
  "Shut up! They're going to help... my father would never speak of a lie..." Instead of waiting on me to run with him toward the stand, he raced ahead avoiding the common.
  I sighed. Two weeks ago Kyle said that his father used to be in the goverment 'buisnes.' Either way, most wanted or most needed, the goverment hired random people to cure of the infection.
  "That's probably why the goverment failed. Hiring dumb asses." Mike chuckled.
  I smiled but didn't laugh.
  "Hey! They hired my dad!" Kyle spat.
  "Yeah, and he was actually known to the government. I mean, even I saw that show Most Wanted on T.V. Your dad looks great in cuffs."
  Kyle spun around around and lunged at me. He pinned me to the mushy ground and rammed the handle of his shot gun on my chest. That had knocked the wind out of me.
  "That was Cops idiot!" He spat before throwing a punch to my jaw.
  Blood ran down my throat in little drips. "Damn, Kyle, it was just a joke!" I kicked him off me lifted my newly replaced axe. "Why are you so defensive toward us? Before we met Elly, you always complained about how your dad never supported you and abused your mom and sister."
  Kyle opened his mouth but closed it.  "They were my family, Alex. Those two were the only ones that kept me sane."
  And with that, it was over. Although we all had known each other as five year olds...
  That brought tears to my eyes. The apocolypse took over my human body whenever I was ten and these random scientists turned me back into a human.
  "Alex!" Gun shots entered commons who were beating me merclessly. The bodies fell to the floor. Mike jumped off the car he was on and gave me adrenaline and an automatic gun. "Dude, use it if you will. We need the gas cans."
  "Why don't we just drive it?"
  "It's empty dumb a*s. Now go get the cans!" He yelled directly in my ear. 
  I breathed deep as the needle entered my arm. Instead of feeling pain I felt a rush of energy zip down my body commanding me to run.
  So I ran. I ran around shooting common and killed a spitter with one head shot. Empty shells were scattered everywhere. I didn't get any gas cans, but I shot infected that surrounded the car as my friends poured the liquid in.
  "Smoker!" Mike yelled.
  I, too, heard the painful coughing of a smoker. The adrenaline in me was almost gone and it would leave me in so much pain .
 "Where?" I yelled.
  Before Mike could answer a tounge wrapped around my waist. I could feel the pain of adrenaline and the slimy muscle strangle me. Great. I'd die twice as fast.
  A spitter waddled behind Mike and ran toward Kyle who was pouring gasoline into the car.
  The fake claws ripped into Kyle drench coat. The tall boy turned around and shot her muffin top until she collapsed. A puddle of acid goo drench around Kyle's feet. He limped out of the puddle and saw me dangling. "Mike! Get him!" He half limped half ran toward me while the boy just stared at me frozen in place.
  The smoker strangling me didn't try to reel me in but just hung me there.
  "It's Anson's foster mom!" Kyle yelled undirected to any earning ears. He actually managed to get further than Mike but collapsed from a group of infected. He couldn't get up without help.
  I kicked my legs and let out a weak wail for Mike. The boy still stood there froze. Did he want to kill me?
  The teenager was awoke by a hunter's squeal of excitment. 
  Mike looked at Kyle hopelessly as he ran toward me. I was weak. My muscles hurt from the adrenaline, and the smoker was sure to kill me.
  Mike managed to free me from the smoker but I was down. My brain wouldn't command my muscles to work. Or it was just as much damaged as them and knew I was going to die.
  "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I spat gullping in fresh air.
  "Sorry, Alex, I just..."
  I stopped him. The hunter's figure was now in eye sight. It crawled through the horde that was killing Kyle.
  "Sorry, Alex,"He left me leaning against a board that said: Rue 21 now open! in all caps.
  I grumbled in agony as I pushed my self off the board. My force pushed the board down catching the infecteds' attention.
  They stopped attacking the weak Kyle and raced after me. Though...the hunter just stood up not attacking anyone. Actually, it yowled and the commons froze. They never stole a special's kill.
  I swallowed hard as the zombie pushed its way through the crowd. Only one ran ahead of it but the special killed it with one swipe.
  "Alex,"Mike whispered,"don't move I'll."
  "Wait,"I responded.
  The hunter came up to me with its claws bared. It growled something I didn't understand. Well, I never can understand anything without Elly now.
  The hunter pushed me into the wall and smiled. It wasn't an evil smile but a comforting smile.
  My stomache tightened as the hunter leaned in and hugged me. And I hugged back. This hunter was a girl. A huntress. She wasn't Elly. I knew Elly probably would have pinned me to show the common whose boss. No. This huntress was my best friend. Elly's sister. Allie. 
  Allie never loved Alex, but she was kind to him.
  My eyes closed as I tightened my arms around her back. "I thought you were dead."
  Years ago, when the world made sense, Allie had been shot. She fell to the ground as blood spilled around them. Elly was there. As was I but they didn't know. That's when the killers came back looking for Elly. She was forced to leave her sister there.
  The huntress shook her head. She growled for whatsounded as a no and jumped away.
(Elly)
I watched my sister jump toward me. She had tears in her remaining eyes.
  "Allie,"I whispered.
  My sister walked toward me and leaned against me. Tears leaked on my bare arms. I never took my hoodie away from my human self.
  "Elly," she sniffled,"how come you don't cry when you see Alex?"
  I sighed loudly. "I'm his protector, Allie, I have to. If I cry I can't protect." I knew most of that was a lie but I had to lie to my sister. Truely, I did cry whenever I saw Alex the first few times but he would move on. 
  "Look, Allie," I said pointing down to the car the boys were getting into. "He has a new life now. Alex can't cry about us or he'll be left behind. Just like us..." That was the truth. Alex had to be strong. His life was  in danger and my life isn't going to be romantic.
  Mike shut the car door and moments later they were gone. Yelling zombies tried to run after them but got lost.
  "See? We're fine. Now, let's go track 'em down like real hunters!"
  Allie chuckled remembering my earlier statement. "Alright. Only because we're hunters."


© 2012 Trusting


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You never fail to deliver a cool & action packed chapter!
Also, I'd like to point out two things:
1. I think you should work a bit on the descriptions.
2. Your dialogues are great! It's almost like I can hear the tone of your characters' voice while they're talking.
Keep it up! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You never fail to deliver a cool & action packed chapter!
Also, I'd like to point out two things:
1. I think you should work a bit on the descriptions.
2. Your dialogues are great! It's almost like I can hear the tone of your characters' voice while they're talking.
Keep it up! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If you are really eleven years old then I'm jealous. I think I know where you've gotten your source of inspiration for this and that's cool. You've put out a decent write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NICE WRITE MY FRIEND

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

great chapter, with a very interesting begining. this makes alot more since though, cause i read the other chapter first :)
-mariah

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the idea here. I quickly found myself lost. Some relevant terms are unclear for me, causing uncertaintly about exactly where they where, why and what they were doing. I deduced what an "infected" comprises, but not a "hunter with claw" or a "special." You have some tense usage conflict. I'd really consider reading this cold, as if you had no idea of the story. Edit this hard, clarity will emerge. You've got a multiperson complex interrelation. I like the development of thier relationships. Make sure you tell me enough to clearly understand them. I'm pleased with the challenge you've undertaken. This will be a difficult write, but I think you can hone this into an engaging read. Edit hard, keep going.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good opening chapter. I like the twist at the end. It is very dangerous when the hunted become the hunter. Thank you for the excellent opening chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
7 Reviews
Added on April 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 11, 2012


Author

Trusting
Trusting

About
I've changed. I'm here to write. I'm here to listen. I'm here to inspire. - Follow Me On Instagram- this_is_for_yhu - Inspirational quote "I never said life would be easy, but I did promis.. more..

Writing
Abused Abused

A Story by Trusting