No Need for Time

No Need for Time

A Chapter by Trusting

I took the lead as Ally followed behind reluclantly. I knew she didn't like the fact of not communicating with Alex but she had to take control of it.
  "Are you sure about this, Elly?" Allie asked squirmishly pushing a dead common body aside.
  "I told you that we had to protect Alex. And besides, he's your friend. Our friend."
  I heard my sister scoff with annoiance but didn't complain aloud.
  A few commons stopped to stare at me. They were inspecting me. Waiting for me to put on my hoodie. I growled deep in my chest as a warning. The commons exchanged glances then continued on.
  "Those stupid common," Ally breathed,"They always get in the way."
  I nodded in agreement as we passed a group of staggering infected.
  A hysterical laugh made me stand up straight. "What's a jockey doing here?" I spat.
  Before Ally could answer the hunched body swerved from beneath a car. It paused a moment to stare at us then jumped away.
  "I swear, apocolypse er not crack still exisits."
  I chuckled at Ally's comment. "It's not right for a human to be riden like that..." I kept my gaze on the jockey that was becoming hard to see. The jockey was probably the most hated special infected to me. Hunters, charges, jockeys, spitters, and tanks never ended well. Hunters were one of the most hated to the humans. Why Kyle actually took the s**t from Alex about us? Only he'd know. My life wasn't usually commanded by following some foolish human. Alex was my friend and all, but...
  "Elly!" Ally woke me from my day dreaming.
  "Huh?" My vision focoused to my sister. She seemed bewildered. I followed her gaze. Aparently, we had ventured into a traffic jam of un moving cars. 
"Yeah, we'll just go around," I told my sister and ushered her to my right.
  "No!" Ally shoved me away. "Over there!" She grabbed my head and turned it toward an over turned muscle car. It was surprisingly clean.
  "Don't you see? That's the car Alex was in!"
  I turned back around toward the car. Ally was  right, that was the car Alex had been in. "Oh s**t," I whispered and ran to the car with Ally a pace behind me. I planted my face into the rear window. 
  Blood was dripping from the front seat and back seat, glass was missing in every  window, and a lip piercing lay unharmed in the floor.
  "That's Kyle's piercing!" I exclaimed as Ally turned to me in question.
  "Well, if they're not in the car then they're okay!"
  I glared at Ally with the no-dur face.  "Yeah, and we better catch up. This sky ain't promising sunshine for sure," I encountered.
  Ally looked up and nodded. "We better find them. Other specials enjoy hunting in the rain."
  I growled in frustration. Sometimes I wondered if I only protected Alex because I was afraid of getting lost without someone beside me.
  (Alex)
My vision focoused to my surroundings. By the looks of it he wasn't awake. Around him it was dim. Like a person's light was about to go out. The rode ahead of him was long, infected.  Nothing stood at its sides. Only darkness remained beside it. Alex looked behind him. There was no escape; he could either follow the path or walk toward infected.
  'What happened?' Alex wondered as he followed the dirt path. He couldn't help wondering what lie ahead of him. So far he'd only survied eight months of Green Flu. Well, add the other five years of being a hunter. That had to mean something, right?
  "We'll never survive." Was the first words he heard on the dirt rode. The voice was easy to pick out. It was Mike's, but the boy wasn't visible.
  Alex froze. He didn't want to meet Kyle or Mike after what he did, awake or asleep. The shame, dark feeling would haunt him for many months to come. Instead of turning tail and fleeing, Alex stood his ground listening.
  "Yes we will," shot a deep voice. That was Kyle, the one who made the most decisions.
  "How do you know, Kyle? We abandoned Alex. He SAVED me!" Mike protested.
  "How?" Kyle spat. His voice hid a hint of regret.
  "After Elly died...whenever you ran ahead as soon as we heard the boat. Special infected. We were trapped in a horde of them. Alex killed most of them, though..." Mike stopped explaining.
  Alex heard  Kyle groan in frustration. "It was a mistake, alright! I'm sorry we had to leave Alex behind, but its's been four days! Get over yourself, Mike! We're almost seventeen. And I'm not gonna die here. We just have to get to another state. Away from Gerogia at the least."
  Alex clenched his fists wanting to punch Kyle but neither boy was here. They had left him alone somewhere to die, and ran ahead for fredom. If two teens survived that was
 okay for him. But...abadoning him was another thing. 
  Alex shook his head and walked on. Maybe he'd find something else less depressing if he ignored the truth. If he ignored life.
 
 As the unending day continued, Alex felt uneasy. The pang of grief of not knowing where his friends were. It didn't feel normal because usually he'd watch his friends'
 every move. He didn't want anyone to be left behind. Now, it was just like he was wondering aimlessly. Although he had no idea what or where he was Alex felt as though something or someone was watching him. Even in his own mind he was insecure. Confussing. Whatever you would call this. Whatever he was in didn't make sense. 
  Maybe I'm just not used to this silence, Alex decided. Yeah, I'm...I'm just not familiar with...peace.
  Alex swallowed hard. His surroundings weren't even real anymore. Just jumbles of random crap. The confused boy sat down in the dirt and thought out loud,"What if Mike
 and Kyle really left me alone? What if I'm not dreaming? Oh hell," Alex burried his face in his hands irratated. Alex peered through his fingers to stare at the ground. "Please, Elly, if you can hear me please wake me up. Or let this be a nightmare."
 At that moment Alex felt claws rake down his chest. The boy fell to his knees in pain.
 "Not like that!" A voice spat viciously. "You'll kill him!"
 Alex looked around him. "Elly?" He called. Again, pain shot through him. This time it left his vision blurry.
  "He's breathing again!" A different voice screamed.
  Alex reconized Ally's voice. He winched as a bright light met his gaze. At the same moment, he saw two huntresses. Elly and Ally.
  "Alex!" Elly wrapped her oddly strong arms around Alex's neck.
  Alex pulled away as a burning pain surged through out his chest. "S**t, what the hell happened?" He asked pulling his shirt off. "How the hell can I understand you now when I couldn't understand you earlier?"
  Elly and Ally loked at each other. "Just read this," Ally handed Alex the slip of paper.
  Alex re-read the paper three times. After he folded the paper and tucked it in his jeans pocket he stood up wearily. "They left. Those damn jerks ditched me! Elly, did you use a d-fib?"
  The huntress pointed to the powered up tool.
  "So, this is how it went. First, I was in a coma and they pulled me in here, I died from un proper healing, and I was revived by zombies. Does this sound off to you?"
  Elly motioned for her sister to go and pulled Alex down. "They left you this." Elly gave Alex the canned goods. Wel, they were probably bad now. Alex opened the cans and ate them greedly.
  "Alex," Ely reluclantly whispered. "You...you were out for two weeks."
  The teenager spit out the olives wipping off the juice from his chin. "How? How did I come back to life?"
  Elly's remaining eyes darkened viciously. "We had to do what was best. We had to turn you back to a hunter."
  Alex shuddered. "Is that why there's blood coming from my chest?" He sounded pissed. Most likely from not having a say but it had to be done.
  "You have three days minimum. And...if you don't turn by then...you'll go just like a hunter drained all your blood."
  Ally came back in. She had heard their conversation. "Your blood is going to freeze, your skin may boil..."
  Elly nodded. "If we can get some government help you may survive."
  Alex nodded and picked up the gun, backpack, health packs, ammo, and remaining food. "I'm not dying here, let's go."
  


© 2012 Trusting


Author's Note

Trusting
Sorry for the late update. My computer is jacked up...so...yea.And I might write the next few chapters on my Kindle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey, good job! i would like to read more. there were a few sentancegrammar things that bothered me but over all i though it was fasinating. i know i have already said this but, i like your writing style. short, direct, and to the point. not dwelling on the small, insignifigant details. nice work! :)
-Mariah

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A very good chapter. I like the situations in the chapter. Good conversation and finding of food made the chapter a pleasure to read. I like the complete chapter. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey, good job! i would like to read more. there were a few sentancegrammar things that bothered me but over all i though it was fasinating. i know i have already said this but, i like your writing style. short, direct, and to the point. not dwelling on the small, insignifigant details. nice work! :)
-Mariah

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 16, 2012
Last Updated on May 17, 2012


Author

Trusting
Trusting

About
I've changed. I'm here to write. I'm here to listen. I'm here to inspire. - Follow Me On Instagram- this_is_for_yhu - Inspirational quote "I never said life would be easy, but I did promis.. more..

Writing
Abused Abused

A Story by Trusting