Suck it Up no Matter What

Suck it Up no Matter What

A Chapter by Trusting

Mike pushed the pedal and sped off. He didn't care that we had to burst out the mall through a glass window. The muscle car ran well though it wasn't entiringly new.
  Kyle moaned in pain as I wrapped gauze around his arm and back.
  "Suck it up, Kyle. I kow you've been through worse.
  The teen took up more than the back seat, forcing me to patch him up from the front.
  "I..I know,"he said winching. "But those commons did a total to my ribs." He chuckled at the end.
  "Want some tunes?" Mike randomly sputtered.
  Both Kyle and I looked at Mike with the Seriously? face.
  "Alright,"I said sarcastically,"and while we're at it let's go buy some ice cream from the ice cream man."
  "Wow, down boy,"Mike grumbled turning his attention back to the road.
  Kyle chuckled once before grasping his side.
  "Careful, Kyle," I warned before inspecting his sides. They were already bruising. "Go easy on the killing for awhile."
  Kyle breathed deep then closed his eyes. Now would be the best time for sleep. I shifted so I was on my knees and crawled over to the passengers side. I watched the road ahead of us. 
  This road wasn't asphault but dirt. Good ole country dirt. Somehow, the thought of my favorite band came to mind. The Midnight Riders.
  Mike read my thoughts. "Do you remember The Midnight Riders?"
  I chuckled silently without smiling. "Yup," and that's all I said was 'yup'.

~~

(Mike)

The words Yup stuck the back of the boy's mind. Why it bothered him so much? He didn't know. He barely even understood the law of physics...

  Mike shifted the gears so he wasn't going too fast. Both Kyle and Alex were asleep and the dark serinity was slowly taking over him. "Alex," Mike poked the pale skinned boy. "Casper, wake up."
  That seemed to wake him. He rubbed his eyes and streched, briskly hitting Mike's head. "Don't...don't call me that." He warned in between yawns.
  Mike rolled his eyes and continued watching the road. Most of the dirt was now mud.
  "Oh hell no, we ain't back in the swamp are we?"
  Mike smiled, thinking of a plan. "Wait. I think I was supposed to turn at that sign a few hours ago..." Mike pointed outside.
  "What?!" Alex yelled arousing princess Kyle. Alex went off. Luckily, he didn't blow a too big of a fuse.
  "Scoing on?" Kyle grumbled hoarsely.
  "Mike drove freaking two hours in the wrong direction!" Alex like a spaz.
  The oldest boy burst out laughing. He accidently smashed his fists into the horn causing it to honk. "Dude, take a chill pill. It was just a joke!"
  Alex's eye twitched comically. "It was what?" He spat through gritted teeth.
  Mike held his laughter. "A joke. Ever heard of it?"
  Alex clenched his fists and smashed one through the rolled up glass window.
  Kyle sat up and looked at Alex with concern. "You alright?"
  Alex's hand retreated to his lap. A hole remained in the window as blood outlined it. Glass had stuck in Alex's hand as streams of blood escaped. "I've had enough guys!"
  Mike stilopped watching the road. "Enough? Enough! You're the one that spazed out over a joke!"
  Alex clenched his other fist. "You. Guys. Piss. Me. Off."
  Kyle, who used to cut himself, opened his mouth to protest. "Remember when the streaker gave us a bag of crack and we had no idea what it was?" All of us stayed silent. 
  "You guys..sniffed crack?" Mike asked looking worried.
  "No, but," His eyes locked on the road. "Mike!"
  All three boys turned to the road to see what Kyle was looking at. Ahead of them lie a road jammed with shut down cars. "Holy s**t!" Mike rammed his foot on the brake;however, the car ended up on its side.
  Kyle, who had his face planted into the floor chocked,"This is it. I'm out," he lifted his head to reveal a missing tooth,bloody eye, and one of lip rings were gone,leaving a little tear. "Let these infected get me. I'm sick of it! Without Elly to straighten us out we're nothing! I mean, look what Alex did to himself!"
  Mike rubbed his nose and shoulder. A shard of glass dislodged from his chest leaving blood trickle down. "Your right."
  "Where's Alex?" Kyle moved around.
  'Damn,'Mike thought shifting position. Beneath him was the unmoving Alex. All except his shallow breath he was still. "Alex?" Mike nudged him.
  The youngest of the group was hurt the most. The pressure of Mike against Alex while he was being pressed into glass. "Coma!" Mike yelled.
  Kyle shrugged like he was stupid.
  "Alex is in a coma."
  "Get out of the car!" Kyle yelled. Mike opened the door with his right hand and kept it open with his right foot while he got out.
  Kyle winched as he lifted Alex toward the only exit. "Damn, for  fifteen year old he's pretty heavy."
  Mike nodded as he pulled the last of Alex's legs out. Then he gently lay him on the ground. His shoulder seemed to be dislocated, blood ran from his mouth, glass stuck out from his chest, and one eye was already purple from swelling.
  Kyle came out next with the backpack. "Dude, he loks awful. Do we leave him here?"
  Mike shot him a look. "No! What if he wakes up and we're gone?"
  "What? Like he's never done that to us? For God's sake, Mike, he's a damn hunter! He'll survive!"
  Mike shook his head. "But two people will never survive." He argued.
  "And with a guy in a coma we can't stop for nuthin'"
  Mike frowned. "Alright. But I'm gonna patch him up and put him in a safe place if he wakes up.

~~
 
Mike used two health packs on Alex and left an extra for him. Mike managed to fix his shoulder and take out every visible shard of glass. Alex would be lucky to live.

  "Find one yet?" Mike called still carrying Alex.
  "Over here!" Kyle responded. 
  Mike was looking for an ambulance Alex could stay in. He trudged to Kyle and saw it. Not perfect or preppy but would do. Mike placed Alex inside.
  "I'll go scope out the area,"Kyle announced then abruptly left.
  Mike shook his head. "Jerk."
  He then continued setting Alex's things up. He placed the med kit beside him, extra food to the side, Kyle's handguns and bullets  infront of the door, and wrote a note to explain.
  He wrote:
  What up,Alex? You were in a car accident and had a coma thingy goin on. So we (I) patched ya up and placed ya in this ambulance car... Yup. I left ya a medkit handguns food and other supplies you need. Don''t worry. We probably haven't gone far and I bet ur zombie friends will help you find us. Ur so weird...lik you have a connection line with em er somethin. Eh. Anyway, dont die on us!
  Mike
P.S.  if u catch up to us it was Kyle's idea to leave you.


© 2012 Trusting


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh wow

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chill Pill? People still say that? lol.

PS. I liked the PS.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

EXCELLENT IMAGERY VERY GOOD SO FAR LOOKING FORWARDS TO THE REST THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i like the way you describe things, it makes it easier to picture in my mind. interesting chapter, i like your writing style :)
-mariah

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ok nice

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A good chapter. I like the situation and feel of real life. Need for food and trying to figure out the right direction to go? Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
6 Reviews
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on May 17, 2012


Author

Trusting
Trusting

About
I've changed. I'm here to write. I'm here to listen. I'm here to inspire. - Follow Me On Instagram- this_is_for_yhu - Inspirational quote "I never said life would be easy, but I did promis.. more..

Writing
Abused Abused

A Story by Trusting