Nightmare

Nightmare

A Chapter by Tsubaki Kuro
"

Part of Mia Takahata's past is revealed.

"

All you see around you is a black void with foggy red pulses pulsating everywhere. There is a soft thumping sound. It sounds like a heartbeat that is slowly fading.

‘Is that my heart?’ you think to yourself.

The black void slowly starts to light up and then there is a bright flash of white light. Your body shivers as your eyes adjust to the flash of light. You are standing on a green lawn that looks freshly cut. You quickly spin around and notice that you are in your front lawn. The sky is clear and the weather feels nice. You can hear the cicadas chirping.    

 ‘What the hell is going on here is this some kind of dream.’ you ask yourself.

 You see that there are people walking down the streets, cars rolling down the street, and neighbors watering their lawns. Everything seems so serene and peaceful. It seems like its spring time.

“What the hell is going on here, why is it spring right now, it should have been winter.”

You look to your left and see the Tokyo tower off in the distance. A weird sensation flows through your body.

“What a minute, why does this seem so familiar to me. What is going on here? This seems like deja vu.” you say out loud.

“Ane-san aren’t we going to play catch together. Hurry up Ane-san, you're so slow.” you hear behind you.

 ‘Oh god no. This can’t be happening. I remember this day. Damn it, why does this keep happening to me.’

 You turn around and see that Taeko behind you. She is wearing a blue tee-shirt and jeans. She is holding a small red handball with floral designs.

“I’m coming, I’m coming Taeko-chan. Stop being impatient.” you hear someone say to the left of you.

 You turn to your left and see a younger version of yourself. She is wearing a purple tee-shirt and shorts. Her hair is shorter and is light brown.

“This is the day that Taeko dies. The day that I got my little sister killed. This is that god damn nightmare of that day that made my life a living hell.” You say to yourself.

Taeko throws the hand ball to your younger double. “Are you still going to go to Kyoto with your friends?”

Your double catches the ball and answers. “Of course I am, I’ve been waiting to do this for a long time.” She throws the hand ball back to Taeko.

 ‘Except I don’t. After today, I never talked nor seen any of my friends. I just locked myself in my room the whole time. I rarely ate anything too.’ you think to yourself.

 Taeko catches the ball and says, “How long are you going to stay there Ane-san?” She looks down to the floor when she says it.

 Your double gives her a ‘what you getting at’ stare. Then replies, “About five hours, why?”

Taeko throws the ball back your double. “I was just wondering that’s all.” she replies.

 Your double catches the ball and spins it on her finger. “Okay, what will you be doing when I’m gone?” She throws the ball back to Taeko.

“Well, I’ll just be with mom I guess.” she replies.

 “That doesn’t seem fun. Why don’t you hang out with your friends? I’m sure mom will you go.” Your double throws the ball and Taeko catches it.

 “Yeah. I know that, but I feel like staying home.” she replies, throwing back the ball.

“You have been acting weird for the last couple of months. What’s wrong?” your double asks her with a serious voice.

 Taeko looks up at her with wide eyes.  Then she quickly looks down. “Ane-san, do you think that we will ever see dad again? I keep thinking about him. Why did he have to leave us like that? Why did he abandon us like that?” Taeko asks. She is on the verge of crying.

 You bite your lower lip and think, ‘Damn it. I can’t watch this. But for some goddamn reason I can’t turn away or close my eyes. Why the hell was I such a b***h to my little sister back then? I missed dad too but didn’t want to admit it. I’d do anything to take back what I’m about to say to Taeko.’

 Your double grits her teeth and grips on the handball so tight that her knuckles turned pale. She gives Taeko a mean glance. “Why would you think of him? You don’t know what he did to mom. You didn’t see what mom and I saw because you were with your stupid friends. Dad is a cheating b*****d. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU EVER WANT THAT PIECE OF S**T FATHER TO COME BACK GODDAMN IT?!”

 Your double throws the red handball with all of her anger. The handball flies through the air and bounces into the street. Taeko silently turns around and heads to the street to get the ball. As she crosses the lawn you can see a white SUV speeding down the street. When Taeko reaches the ball the SUV is about five feet away from her. Your double looking at the floor. Then time slows down. Taeko slowly bends down to get the ball. Your double looks up and sees that the SUV is about to hit Taeko. She slowly runs towards the street. But it’s too late. The SUV slams into Taeko creating a loud crunching noise. Your double falls to her knees and screams. Time slows down even more. You can see that the driver of the SUV is a young girl looking at her phone.

You try to look away but something is preventing you from looking away. You even try to close your eyes, but you can’t do that either.

“Why the hell can’t I look away from this? I don’t want to see it. I see this every time I dream. I relive this goddamn nightmare every day.”

Taeko’s left arm is bent in the opposite direction then it should be. Blood is flying out of her mouth. Taeko flies through the air for several seconds and slowly crashes into the pavement head first. Her head splits open and blood and brain matter splats all over the pavement. You can see the driver look up with a panicked face. But the driver speeds up and runs over Taeko’s body. Blood squirts out of Taeko’s head wound when the SUV runs over her. The people who were walking down the street run over to the accident. Your double runs over to Taeko’s mangled body and picks her up. She starts crying and screaming for help.

“It’s your entire fault that I died Ane-san.” You hear Taeko say behind you.

A chill runs up your spine and you shiver. You try to look behind you but you can’t.

Shi wa eien no heiwadesu (Death is eternal peace). Come with me Ane-san.” Taeko tells you in a serious voice.

There is a sudden pain that rips through your chest. You look down and see that there is a large pale tentacle coming out of your chest. You can feel blood running down your stomach and pouring out your mouth. Everything turns black.

“Shi wa eien no heiwadesu.” You hear Taeko softly say.

You open up your eyes. You are staring at a ceiling. You shiver as you feel a cold chill.  When you exhale, a large white vapor cloud floats out of your mouth. From the corner of your eyes you can see a little girl standing there. Your heart rate increases.  You slowly turn your head a see that you are connected to an IV pole.  The chill disappears and the little girl is gone. You can hear footsteps walking towards you. You sit up and see a young man around your age looking at you. He has short black hair and he is wearing a black tee-shirt and jeans.

“I’m glad that you are awake. You have been out for a week. I didn’t think that you were going to survive. When I found you, you looked like hell. It seems like you were attacked by one of the Akumu no monsutā (nightmare monsters).” He tells you.

“What are the Akumu no monsutā? And what the hell is going on?” you ask him.

He sighs and says, “Do you really want to know what’s going on? You won’t like the answer.” He replies.

You look at him and reply, “Don’t f**k with me. I want to know.”

He smiles and says,” The last days of Humanity.”

You can feel your face turn pale and your stomach turns. A chill runs through your body. You respond, “What do you mean the last days of Humanity? What are you trying to say?”

“We are being hunted down. Most of Japan is already dead. Welcome to a never ending nightmare Mia.” he replies.    

   

To be continued.  

                   

 



© 2016 Tsubaki Kuro


Author's Note

Tsubaki Kuro
Yes, this is a filler chapter, but an important one. It gives info on what happened to Taeko. Hope you enjoy it.

Ps: prepare youself for the next chapter. It will be extremely pant-shitting intense. And it is also very long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I actually enjoyed this much more than the first part. More tension and less action.
However...

You're still using second tense. Keep in mind it'll be harder to switch the further you get into the story.

You have a weird habit of summing up stuff that obviously happened with extra dialogue. The reader isn't an idiot, you should trust me to figure it out from the descriptions. And, you know, I won't have to think 'oh really? you don't say?' in a sarcastic tone every time I come across these things.
Example, narrator asks if it is a dream in the beginning.

As for character development, you (or I? Maybe he?), the narrator is actually coming along well. Although, a very sterotypical past for someone in an action movie. Consider not making her a flaming warrior with broken past.

Referring to her other self is awkward in the flashback.

Overall, really good. Hope you continue writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I will be keeping the story in second person view because that is how it .. read more



Reviews

Wow you're good at scaring the crap out of me!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

hahaha. Well, horror is one of my strong suits
What's this writing style called? Not too sure I'm familiar with it. This is a pretty great 'filler chapter,' your narration flowed quite nicely. I noticed some grammar errors, but its nothing a quick edit won't fix. I liked this :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I believe that it is called Second person point of view. I'm not really .. read more
Wow don't care how long the next chapter is. HELL I want it as long as possible. I got the feeling of this being a filler chapter the moment I read Mia was in a flashback and seems I was right. ^^

Now just one place in the middle you have left prepositions: “That doesn’t seem fun. Why don’t you hang out with your friends? I’m sure mom will (let) you go.” Your double throws the ball and Taeko catches it.
“Yeah. I know that, but I feel like staying (at) home.” she replies, throwing back the ball. The ones in the brackets are the parts you missed.

Now very well written, but again I feel like you repeat a few things that do not need to be. The readers I believe can infer it without you summing it up. This helps in cutting down words as well. And the use of hell so many times kinda takes the aura away from the word. Use different synonyms for hell every time, give Hell a vivd image every time utter it. ^^

Other than this, it's a fab write. And I really can't contain my excitement for the next write. ^^

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

thanks. I only did that to make it longer. Chapter 3 will be very long and very intense. And gory.
Érenn

8 Years Ago

Gory is glory for me here. So go for it ^^
Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

hahahaha. that's great.
This story is good but It just doesn't grip me. I don't understand if I'm just numb or if there is something up with the story itself.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

This part of the story is just a filler like chapter. There is very little suspense in this chapter... read more
Kitonic

8 Years Ago

Ah. Thank you for the context.
I liked the details of the story and the background. Good filler.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

I'm glad that you liked the filler.
Oh wow, this chapter brings out so much more emotions. Almost just about every detail contains great imagery. However, you might have over done it a little at few places. One of them is at the SUV running over Taeko part.

Also, it turned dark quite fast. I understand why Mia would get angry but I feel like it's missing something. Something that would actually trigger her to throw the ball with everything she got. Still, this chapter is very well written. I will wait for more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thanks Eisho Shu. The next one should be out in a few weeks. For the part of to graphic violence, we.. read more
Eisho Shu

8 Years Ago

Alright, I will make sure to read it while eating at the very least. Thanks for the tip.
Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

lol. Just don't choke on your food.
oh my gosh this was really twisted..i almost cried at the beginning...yet now im wanting to read more ! haha

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thank you Destini for being interested in my book. Yeah it's twisted but things might get better. Ye.. read more
I actually enjoyed this much more than the first part. More tension and less action.
However...

You're still using second tense. Keep in mind it'll be harder to switch the further you get into the story.

You have a weird habit of summing up stuff that obviously happened with extra dialogue. The reader isn't an idiot, you should trust me to figure it out from the descriptions. And, you know, I won't have to think 'oh really? you don't say?' in a sarcastic tone every time I come across these things.
Example, narrator asks if it is a dream in the beginning.

As for character development, you (or I? Maybe he?), the narrator is actually coming along well. Although, a very sterotypical past for someone in an action movie. Consider not making her a flaming warrior with broken past.

Referring to her other self is awkward in the flashback.

Overall, really good. Hope you continue writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I will be keeping the story in second person view because that is how it .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 7, 2016
Last Updated on March 12, 2016


Author

Tsubaki Kuro
Tsubaki Kuro

Ontario, CA



About
I am a college student who likes creating horror and psychological short stories. I am thinking if being a manga story writer when i graduate from college. I love anime and love reading horror storie.. more..

Writing
Update Update

A Story by Tsubaki Kuro



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Escape The Escape

A Chapter by Tsubaki Kuro