Higgory

Higgory

A Chapter by Tuff Stuff

 

 I felt something strange in my stomach when I followed Giffin downstairs. Perks was still downstairs somewhere. I wondered if he was still in the lower cellar. I looked back outside seeing nothing but trees as usual. Everything was how it was supposed to be, but still something kept nagging at me. Giffin suddenly stopped making me topple over him. I nearly fainted when I went right through his body. I scrambled back onto my feet just as scared as I was when I first saw him. I quickly had my hand feel for something to grab on the shelf behind me. I grabbed a ruler and started waving it in Giffin's face for him not to get any closer.

 

"Stay back. I can go right through you. This is insane. Are you human?!" I screamed acting as if he was a contagious disease ready to take over my body. I kept my ruler in hand running over to the nearby sofa and crouching below it with my head slightly over the armrest. Giffin searched the room with his eyes. Staying planted in one place. His eyes soon turned to me. He had a pathetic look. Malnourished was the only word that could describe Giffin.

 

"I am a human. I am also a wolf and a troll. I'm one of the Higgorys that are still alive." Giffin walked over to the sofa and sat next to me. I could see his eyes start tearing. "I don't want you to be scared of me. I intimidate a lot of people and I regret it."

 

"Regret what?" I asked still keeping my distance.

 

"Being a Higgory. You don't know what a Higgory is do you?" I nodded my head and clenched my ruler a little tighter. What is a Higgory? I don't know, but I had a feeling Giffin was from a tribe unlike me where they speak much differently. "A Higgory is someone who can be several different living things. To be a Higgory you have to be born into a family of them. Their isn't much left of them because of interbreeding. Ohh! I almost forgot! We have to find my watch so we can get a head start on your journey." Giffin jumped up and started looking under things for his watch.

 

"What journey?" Giffin didn't answer. "Giffin! Giffin!" He still wouldn't listen to me. I glanced at the window a few yards from me and saw a group of horsemen coming up to the house. Those were probably the same horsemen Perks was scared of. They were all dark skin strong men except for one who looked like Giffin as an adult. I almost immediately duck down below the window. Giffin looked up and the same men outside. I gestured violently with my index finger for him to come under the window, but he once again didn't cooperate. Instead he pulled out what looked like a vile of blue liquid and swallowed it with two swooshes. He stumbled a bit then went crashing to the floor.

 

"Giffin! Come here! Now!" I was scared to death for Giffin. He had stumbled and made a loud noise that made the horsemen suspicious.

 

"I think there's someone in there boss." A strong voice insisted.

 

"I think the same." Said a deeper voice. Hooves gave loud stomps as the horses trotted to the house. I muttered to Giffin quietly for him to stay low. He gave a yelp of pain that almost sounded like a howl. My eyes widened when I saw the boy slowly grow a tail. Soon his clothes ripped off from his large hound muscles. He crouched on all fours. Fur started to grow rapidly. And without me even being able to process what was happening he became a wolf. I was speechless. I don't even remember thinking straight because of the intense shock this boy had just stowed upon me.

 

The wolf picked up his head and stared at me for a split second before turning to the window at the horsemen. His wide eyes turned into slits. Crouching into an attacking position. The wolf leaped over my head and out the window. He barked and snapped at the horses’ feet until they were raised up on their back legs kicking violently into the air. The men easily fell off trying to fight off the beast, but nothing was stopping the wolf from killing every one of them. He bit one of the men’s pants ripping them off. He gave a sinister smile then went on to the rest of the horsemen who quickly fled. Soon enough both the horses and the men were back into the woods. The wolf turned back seeing me dumfounded at the window. He gave me wink then took out a shining silver pocket watch in his teeth.    

 

       

 

 



© 2008 Tuff Stuff


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i would be scared to of Giffen great way you made Shandle act

Posted 15 Years Ago


I LOVE it. I liked the idea that the character grabbed a ruler to provide protection because far too often there is some object that does not belong in the setting. (ie.. a knife, club, gun..) I also forung the name "giffin to be very unique. I kept catching myself thinking griffen instead and that only added to the believability that the character was a mult. of creatures combined. The suspense was drawn out perfectly not to short and not so long that it dragged the plot down. Great Job. Can not wait to read more!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Great plot, suspenseful. Lots of action. Good horror werewolf story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Made me wonder why Perks didn't come out from the cellar�=]

I think you've introduced your characters well, and the writing is fun to read. Can't wait to read chapter 4!


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2008
Last Updated on August 3, 2008


Author

Tuff Stuff
Tuff Stuff

Surrey, England ><, England



About
I like to write! Which Element Are You?FireFire, Black Fire, Blue Fire, Lava, The Sun, etc.Click Here to Take This QuizBrought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests. Name Generators .. more..

Writing
The Aprisa The Aprisa

A Story by Tuff Stuff


A-MILE-HIGH A-MILE-HIGH

A Story by Tuff Stuff