Fox dung

Fox dung

A Chapter by Tuff Stuff

 

A soft voice murmured in Lula's ears. None were familiar. The smell was also foreign to her. She smelled a four-legged creature. It was either hound or fox. Fox! That's what it was. The odor filled Lula with disgust. She despised it. The stories she had been told about the fox's horrific ways set immediately in her head. A paw was placed on Lula's bad wing bringing back the previous night's struggle. 

 

"How are you?" A soft whimper asked as she opened her eyes. The fragile elderly fox gave her a heart filled grin. Was this all a dream? Was she going to wake up and agree that this was all a nightmare and continue her life as a pampered princess? That thought faded as she heard the fox ask again of her well-being. Lula simply smiled and nodded in a proper manner. "Are you sure? You had me a scare with that bloody wing." Lula noticed that the mingled mess was bandaged somewhat to its original form. It was impressive how they could do this all in one night. 

 

"Okay, if you don't want to talk that's fine with me. I'm just a babbling old fox." She gave another hearty smile and trotted out the mound. Yes, she was actually inside a mound! The first she'd ever been in. Stories were told of the beautiful nor-back mounds on the eastern border of Goldedcrow. Dreams were the only place to experience these cultural differences. Her father would never allow her to cross the Goldedcrow borders.

 

A young teen teen fox came through the hole into the mound with a much older scraggly crow. He reminded Lula of someone. But who? He had his eyes covered with a leaf while the boy directed him to Lula. The fox pushed the crow in the back viscously with his nose. The crow stumbled into Lula, which made her wince.

 

"Visitor." The fox Mumbled eyeing them both with disgust. It was a strange turn of personalities from the elder to the boy. Maybe the elder didn't agree with the nor-back society. 'Quite odd' Lula thought.

 

"Lula?" The raggedy crow squawked. Lula's heart leapt as he took the leaf from his eyes. She didn't know how to react. "I know it's a little bit of a shock, but I can't let my boss's daughter kill herself. It would make things weird." 

 

"Jack? Why are you here you filthy bird? I don’t need to be saved by your kind. Greg will be here any minute to save me." Lula squawked. Jack shook his head as he saw Lula's wing. He picked it up with his own and examined it closely. "Are you listening to me Jack?" Jack didn't take his eyes off her wing. 

 

"You got shot? How did you manage to do that? Wasn't someone with you?" Jack asked. Lula gave a sly smile and pointed at her chest with her good wing. 

 

"I was scouring. That's right... with Greg. So this is clearly not my fault. He flew me out here against my will for a scouring lesson." Jack didn't believe one word. She was a terrible liar, but went along with it so she wouldn't have a fit as most child royalty does. He's worked for far too many royal families to be fooled by a spoiled girl. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2008 Tuff Stuff


Author's Note

Tuff Stuff
This is not completed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lula is back and how!
Stubborn, mischievous proud and always in trouble!
In short: your average teenager...
Please keep on writing. This is highly entertaining!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am glad you continued with this story. I had read all the earlier section, and was happy to read through the continuing adventure. You certainly write animal stories quite well, and perhaps have a talent in this area. I guess I have a suggestion - most writers HUMANISE animals in their writing about them. But I think, perhaps writing about the animals more in their own respects - more like what an animal really is, even using English words, but having the animal more focused on being like an animal - may be a better way to go. Or at least making a very strong distinction in the 'NATURES' or 'LIFESTYLES' or 'CULTURES' of the differing animal communities in your writing. Perhaps a FOCUS for each particular group of animals in their MAIN PRIORITIES in their own particular Animal Kingdom. I look forward to the continuing storyline.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2008
Last Updated on October 7, 2008


Author

Tuff Stuff
Tuff Stuff

Surrey, England ><, England



About
I like to write! Which Element Are You?FireFire, Black Fire, Blue Fire, Lava, The Sun, etc.Click Here to Take This QuizBrought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests. Name Generators .. more..

Writing
The Aprisa The Aprisa

A Story by Tuff Stuff


A-MILE-HIGH A-MILE-HIGH

A Story by Tuff Stuff