Mind Matters Most - Chapter Eleven

Mind Matters Most - Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Tusitala Tom

MMM Eleven

Change your thinking: change your life

In his book, ‘You’ll See It When You Believe It,’ Dr. Wayne W Dyer states “Abundance is related to how you feel about yourself.   If you feel important enough to ask, and divine enough to receive, receiving will be your reward.”   This is a very profound statement, for it asks the reader to look at his or herself not so much with objectivity but with subjectivity: “What do I believe of myself inside?   Do I really approve of myself?   Can I look deep into my own eyes in a mirror and say, ‘I approve of you?’   You are a good person and I love you. I am worthy of abundance.”

If there is any conflict between our real self and our image of ourselves it will show up here.   If you truly do approve of yourself and love yourself there will be little self-consciousness or strain when you do this.   But if it’s a lie you will feel it.  Yes, even if it’s just a little lie.  So, if you really want to have your prayers answered you need to know at least these two things about yourself.   You need to ask and have answered these two questions:  Am I divine? And what do I really want?

We know that we have two parts to our minds, the objective conscious part and the subjective, subconscious part.   And make no bones about it, the subconscious provides us with our view of both the world at large and how we fit into it.  It is hugely powerful.  For the subconscious has been growing whatever we’ve been consciously or unconsciously planting in its fertile soil for a long, long time.   Here lies our knowledge, our opinions, and our beliefs.  Invariably we don’t know as much about our beliefs and where they came from as we think we do.  The reason for this is so much of it is hidden away in the deep recesses of that great subconscious mind.

The subconscious, personal, collective, and Divine

Without going into much detail here I will state a belief of my own.  It is this: we have a personal subconscious mind which is permeable to and surrounded by to a collective subconscious mind (Carl Jung’s Collective Unconscious) This in turn is surrounded and interpenetrated by what I term the Universal Mind.   In other words, done right, we have access to higher realms of consciousness.  Moreover, we can draw on these if we know what to do �" that is, how to do it.

So maybe you want to know how it can be done. 

Well, there probably are infinite ways, but I will mention only one: automatic writing (or automatic typing if you’re skilled touch typist) and here is one way you can go about it.  It is something I have probably mentioned before but I’ll describe it again here.

 

 

Use of the Non-dominant hand to access your personal subconscious

You can access your subconscious mind by receiving messages from your non-dominant hand.  Briefly, you write a question or make a statement �" for example, an affirmation you’re making in order to bring something into your life.   You do this with your dominant (usual) handwriting hand and receive the answers through the other.  Most people would ask the questions through their right and receive through their left hands.   This idea is certainly not original to me and is commonly called the Eleven by Twenty-two Exercise.   We’ll use the numerals, 11 x 22 throughout.

The Eleven-Twenty-one Exercise

In the ‘11 x 21 Exercise,’ you write out your affirmation with your dominant hand.  When the sentence is complete, you wait for your non-dominant hand to respond with its answer.   It will.  But it might take some perseverance before it gets going.   However, once the first answer comes, they will keep coming.   However, you might have to be very patient and not give up on the first, second or third attempt.  Give it a try over quite a few days, keeping an open mind all the way. Oh, and don’t ‘rubbish’ this if it doesn’t work the first few times you try it.  Don’t say things like, “This won’t work.” Or “This is insane,” “or “What a load of crap.”   That way you are only strengthening the belief that it won’t work.   If you say it won’t with enough emotion your subconscious will surely believe you!   It will give you what you told it.  For by saying such things you’re affirming to your subconscious very strongly that it won’t work.

So, keep up the practice.  Eventually it will work.   For some it will work very quickly.  Maybe even on the very first try.   However, with most people it will probably take longer.

Okay.  You write out the statement eleven times, each time getting an answer.   You do this three times a day spread out over the day for three weeks.  Why three weeks?  Well that is because it is generally accepted that it takes around three weeks to form a new habit.   The habit you are encouraging here is to get your subconscious mind to accept your affirmation.  Once it has done this it will work on this as a truth, a belief.   And from thereon, because a belief has changed, your outside circumstances will change.   We experience out life through our mind no matter what seems to be going on ‘out there.’   It is our interpretation of what is going on out there that makes or takes away from our peace and happiness.  Remember the wise words of a great Magi: 

As above, so below; as within, so without.

Ponder on that.

Okay, you have been informed of a way to access your subconscious mind.  Try it.  But be very careful with that affirmation.  Make sure you state it in the present tense and that it is an affirmative statement.  Once established in your subconscious as a truth it will have a powerful influence on you.  That influence will stay on, leaving you only when it is superseded with another which counters its effects.   So choose wisely. 

 

…………………………………

 

The subtitle of this book is Intent Defines Who We Presently Are.   This refers to our soul level as it is at this time.   It also infers that this intent is changeable.   Change our major intent and we change ourselves.  Moreover, the change can be quite dramatic.   For it is from our soul level that we generally make our decisions.  From these decisions come our actions, and from our actions come results.   The actions and their respective results are regarded as our behavior.  It is from our behavior that others evaluate and judge who and what we are.  This even includes such mundane aspects as how we dress and groom ourselves, as well as our purely physical attributes, such as whether we tall or short, ugly or beautiful et cetera.   

There is a saying that goes along the lines “What other people think of me is none of my business.”  However, for most of us, we do not look at the opinions of others in this way.  We are concerned what others think of us.   But, as previously said, we are evaluated by our actions and our appearance �" and something else, which is often not consciously considered.

A voice puts out more than sound

It occasionally comes as a shock when we hear a person’s voice for the first time after observing their outward appearance.   Mostly, we get what we expect.  Hence the shock when we don’t.   We may see a person sloppily dressed, dirty, unshaven, covered in tattoos and we expect a rough, uncouth demeanor along with a poor articulation and perhaps mumblings of slang language and bad grammar.  To our absolute surprise, a voice comes out rich and melodious, with excellent articulation and pronunciation of words from an obviously well educated person, and we sort of reel back.  This is not at all what we expected!  

Conversely, it comes as an equal shock when we see, say, a well-groomed rather regal-looking lady, wearing an expensive business outfit, matching handbag and shoes, looking like the CEO of a banking corporation, suddenly come out with a voice that sounds  like a fisherman’s wife trying to catch the attention of potential customers in a fish market.   

We expect the voice to match the appearance.  But if we’re honest with ourselves, we give far more credence to the voice than we do to the appearance.   Our voice defines us.  We know that appearances can be artificially created.   Clothes and hair styles can make a person appear to be what they are not.   But a voice is a giveaway.  It says far more than most of us realize.  It reveals �" or appears to reveal in a very broad and general way - how we are at our soul level.   It is a clever man or woman indeed who can completely hide their character by disguising their voice �" unless, of course, they are professional actors or confidence tricksters who have studied how to do so.

Now, if our voice can give us away as far as our education and our emotional state is concerned, it can, on a much subtler level reveal our characters.   This is not to say that most people can pick up on this.  What is more common is to pick up on what they are thinking and feeling through our observation of their body language.  Still, if we’re very astute, we can sometimes find that the tenor of someone’s voice can give us an indication of their intentions.   If they say one thing and we feel they’re not giving us what they really are wanting or seeking, we might regard them as crafty, sly, underhanded.   We can’t quite put our finger on it but…

One might even postulate that, providing a person isn’t blinded by their own wants and desires and therefore not really attuned to the other person that we are able to pick up their real intentions subliminally or intuitively.   Certainly the confidence trickster does trick people.   Also a clever sales person can manage to manipulate a buyer into purchasing something he or she doesn’t really need.   But such trickery does even more harm to the trickster than is does to the tricked.   The reason for this is that we tend to judge others by our own behavior.   If we’re honest, we assume nearly everyone else is honest �" not everyone, we’re not that naïve, but most.   Whereas if we fall short on honesty, we judge the rest of the world to be like we are.  

We evaluate our world through our beliefs

Imagine then, the self-created hell of those who are habitual thieves and criminals.  They trust few if anyone.  Sometimes not even themselves!   Such live in great fear.  In many instances it shows up in their life generally as a deep-seated anger which, of course, is rooted in fear.   All anger comes from fear.   Fear for one’s own integrity as a person is one of the worst of fears, for it is at this point that, to use the biblical expression, one is “cut off from the vine.”   And all of this stems from wrong - in the sense that it is going against Infinite Intelligence’s Laws - wrong thinking.  

Why wrong thinking?

Wrong in the sense that the intent of the ego does not match up with the intent of the Higher Self.  There is a schism.  There is division.  Indeed, a war is going on here, an internal war between allied camps of the real self, our Higher Self which is part of the Universal Self or The Whole, versus ‘ideas set up in an imaginative ego.’  This is an ego which sees itself as a solo entity in a hostile world.    The intent of the ego here is simply to survive, to live and to grow.  The ego sees itself as being alive when, in actuality, it is no more than a conglomeration of thought-forms through which the light of the real self is doing the seeing.   You could say it is an amalgamation  of pollutants claiming to be the Stream of Life in which it is immersed.  The real you is the stream.  The mind’s contents are what is in the stream.  Whether they be helpful are unhelpful to the purity of the water is what is important here.

Desires �" from ego or Higher Self?

Our intentions are based on our desires.  Our desires originate either in our real self �" sometimes coming down from our Higher Self and even beyond:  or they’re of our egos.   It does not take a genius to know which is which.   One brings us feelings of wellbeing, the other varying degrees of angst.

This is not to say that our ego is our enemy.  Far from it.  The ego is our mind’s conditioned contents without which we could not function.   We’d remain as newborn infants all of our lives.   Just so long as we let our ego know that we are the boss.    But we need to be very clear in our minds that there is the real us and there is our own, self-created servant, our ego.   Once we know that, the interpretation of how we can live our lives in a much happier way becomes far easier.



© 2014 Tusitala Tom


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on June 30, 2014
Last Updated on June 30, 2014


Author

Tusitala Tom
Tusitala Tom

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia



About
The word, Tusitala, means Storyteller in Polynesian. A friend gave me that title because I attended his club several times and presented stories there. I have told stories orally before audiences si.. more..

Writing