1

1

A Chapter by VKS

Deep in the darkness I wallow under the clouds he has forever altered.
“It’s okay sweetheart, we needed this” he tells me as he walks toward the shower. I have no words, I have no reply, I just watch him walk away like everything is okay. Everything's going to be okay, I tell myself. I’m fine, he’s fine, all is fine.
I’m just about finished getting ready for work and he comes out of the shower with a towel draped around his torso. I make him coffee to-go in a Dixie cup, hand it to him and walk to the bathroom. It’s possible I’m walking in a daze as I move in a robot-like motion just trying to get through the fundamentals of the morning. As I move toward the bathroom, he grabs my forearm and pulls me closer. He’s sitting on my bed now and motions for me to sit next to him. I move and stand in front of him, paralyzed.
He takes my hand and places it on his towel in an area that has some seldom movement. I feel a twitch of a pulse as my hand gets closer. An immediate electricity jolts in my brain waking me up from the paralysis that has frozen me. I pull my hand back quickly, “I need to go to work.”
“Let me get ready and we’ll get going sweetheart, I don’t want you to be late for work on my account”
“Okay”
“Don’t ever forget that I love you, sweetheart, we needed this to be closer.”


© 2019 VKS


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on August 30, 2019
Last Updated on August 30, 2019


Author

VKS
VKS

NY



Writing
Happenstance Happenstance

A Book by VKS


Farewell to You Farewell to You

A Poem by VKS