1. Thirteen

1. Thirteen

A Chapter by Alex

 

I didn't need to look at my alarm clock to know what time it was, but I figured I might as well lay here until the obnoxious beeping had begun. Then I could throw it at the wall and move on with my life, but for some reason, today I didn't ant to or feel the need to have to. I flicked the switch off and hopped up. I stretched out, and felt refreshed. I looked around me, seeing everything with a new detail, like looking thorugh a microscope. Today I felt different though, as if this really wasn't me. I shrugged the feeling off as I gathered my clothes and headed for the bathroom. I opened the door and ficked the light on. The brightness didn't blind me like it usually did. I looked into the mirror and noticed that I'd looked different today.

 

My usually tanned skin was now pale, white almost. My black hair was shiny and knotless unlike the usual tangled mess that was on my head in the mornings. My eye color wasn't it's usual grey color, but it was now a bright green. All of my blemishes were gone, and something about me made me look vicious and threatening, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I was beautiful too. I sighed and turned the shower on, and as I stripped down I thought about today. I was finally a teenager today. October 31st, my birthday, and halloween. I smiled as I hopped in and the water met my skin. I felt cold though. On the outside I was warm, but something about that warmth was extinguished before it was beneath my skin. I turned the heat up a bit more, and still felt that same cold feeling on the inside. I sighed when i realized I'd been standing there for five minutes and wasn't getting any warmer, and began to shampoo my hair. The scent reached my nose before the liquid was even out of the bottle. It smelled like a lavender, and made my mouth water. I lathered it until the bubbles were on my head, and then I rinsed it out. I skipped conditioner today, not needing it and went right to the soap. It felt nice to be clean once more. I hopped out into the cool air, and dried my self with a towel quickly. 

 

I threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and ran out into the living room. My quietness scared even me, and I moved quickly, my feet barely touching the ground. 

 

"Happy Birthday Sweerheart." mom said as she looked up at me from the television. I smiled and began to pack my bookbag. Today was Friday, my favortie school day. 

 

"Thanks Mom." I said as I ran a brush through my hair. Mom looked into my eyes, but said nothing. Hadn't she realized the change in color? The paleness in my skin? 

 

"Can you get your sister up?" she asked me. Apparently not. 

 

"Sure." I replied as I walked back down the hall and into my sister Chelsea's room. She was my youngest sister, I was the oldest and I had one more sister who was the middle child. "Chelsea, get up." I whispered. As soon as I opened my mouth and took a breath a voice forced into my mind. I smelled the sweet scent of something intangible. 

 

Get her! she's delicate, and helpless. So easy. An easy kill. The voice chanted, over and over. The pressure was hard to resist, but I managed. Chelsea groaned and smacked at me. 

 

"Chelsea, get up." I snapped and pulled her off of the bed, forcing her to stand up. She walked out of the bedroom and into the living. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. They were straighter and whiter than usual, could today get any weirder? I shrugged it off as well and ran out into the kitchen waiting for the bus to arrive. 

 

"Happy Birthday Scarlett." my sister said around the bits of Cookie Crisp she was eating. I smiled. 

 

"Thanks." I replied and then lifted my bag onto my shoulder. Just last night it had felt as if it had weighed a ton, but now it felt as light as a feather. Then the bus stopped and I bolted out the door. This was natural too. It came easily and I liked the thrill of it. 

 

"Hi Scarelett." Mrs. Renda said happily. She had been my new bus driver since September, and she was really nice.

 

"Hi Mrs. Randa." I greeted back. I was the first one on the bus and I liked it, the solemness didn't bother me. I went and took my seat as i waited for my other friends to board.  



© 2008 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This seems cool so far. I can see you were inspired by Twilight, but I don't think you're copying or anything. We all have to be inspired right?
I like your character's name by the way. Ironic.
Just a few things I wanted to point out. 'Untangible' is not a word. I think you meant 'intangible'. And when Scarlett is greeting the bus driver(?) Mrs. Randa I was confused at first. I didn't know who she was greeting. Maybe you could add that it was the bus driver.
You have a nice writing style. Keep it up :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love your writing style and there is no doubt that you will be a best selling author if you keep this up. i will review every chapter, just a heads up.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This seems cool so far. I can see you were inspired by Twilight, but I don't think you're copying or anything. We all have to be inspired right?
I like your character's name by the way. Ironic.
Just a few things I wanted to point out. 'Untangible' is not a word. I think you meant 'intangible'. And when Scarlett is greeting the bus driver(?) Mrs. Randa I was confused at first. I didn't know who she was greeting. Maybe you could add that it was the bus driver.
You have a nice writing style. Keep it up :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 21, 2008
Last Updated on September 21, 2008


Author

Alex
Alex

Writing
Crescent Moon Crescent Moon

A Book by Alex


2. Torture 2. Torture

A Chapter by Alex


3. Revealed 3. Revealed

A Chapter by Alex