2. Torture

2. Torture

A Chapter by Alex

The bus ride that usually calmed me was pure torture! I seriously wanted to get up and run from the bus. With every new person that got on there came a new scent and the voice only got louder and stronger. And the funny thing was, each scent smelled good to me, tempting.

 

"Happy Birthday Scarlett!" an extatic Hannah said as she took the seat across from me. She had brown hair and grey eyes. She was self-centered and annoying too.

 

"Hi Hannah." I said through my teeth. Something was really wrong today, and I was really stressed out. She didn't see it though. Not the sudden fiercness of my features, change of my eye color, suddenly too stright hair, or pale skin. I silently began to wonder if I was going crazy or if this was just a dream. And then she did the worst thing possible. She jumped to my seat and began to jabber uselessly. Her smell was different though, artificial like, but still good.

 

Now's the time. You can take her out so easily. Kill her! No one would see you. Kill her and then dispose of the body! It's not wrong, it's a part of you! It's what's you are! the voice yelled. It's what I am? What am I because I knew I was not a murderer. I held my breath and the voice choked off. I pressed my face to the window, and looked at my surroundings. Kate would be getting on soon. She was one of my best friends.

 

"Hello, Scarlett? Are you even listening to me?" Hannah asked, noticing my diversion in attention. I wanted to slap her in the head and shove her out of the seat. Something was seriously wrong with me today, and all she cared about was herself. The thought enraged me. As if some switch was turned on, the thudding of her heartbeat was noticable. I turned to stare at her, and when I looked into her grey eyes she became surprised.

 

"What?" I asked.

 

"Scarlett, your eyes. they changed colors!" she said. I sighed.

 

"Do you have a mirror?" I asked, of course she did.

 

"Yeah, here." she said as she reached into her purse and brought out a little pink mirror. I opened it and gazed at my own reflection. Everything was the same as it was this morning, everything except my eyes. They had turned a bright red. I was scared of myself.

 

"Oh, I just put contacts in." I lied. What was going on with me today?

 

"Well, you should take them out, you're scaring everyone." she said as she held her freshly manicured hand out for the mirror. I handed it back to her.

 

"Nah, it's Halloween remember? Everyone's supposed to act weird and scary." I stated. She rolled her eyes and went back to her own seat. I took a deep breath and relaxed as the voice wasn't as strong. The scent was still their though, theaving a trail, a trace back to where Hannah was sitting.  The bus stopped again and I looked back out the window. Kate's stop. I relaxed, surely she'd see there was something up with me. Right? God I hoped so.

 

She swung into the seat clumsily and dropped her bags into the isle. "Happy Birthday." she said breathlessly.

 

"Thanks Kate." I replied. Her heart was beating quickly, and her breath was coming in gasps as she tried to catch it.

 

"You look different today. Are you feeling okay?" she asked. Great, she'd asked the question I was waiting for all morning and I was speachless. What did I say? No, I've had sensitive senses all morning and every time I breathe a voice tells me to kill someone?

 

I sighed, "Yeah. Just excited about my birthday." My reply was half true. I was excited about my birthday, but I was not feeling okay.

 

"Oh okay. But if you need to talk to me, I'm here okay?" she asked not buying it. I had to admit, I was not a good liar. I nodded and took a deep breath through my mouth. The taste that touched my tongue made me want to puke. I breathed through my nose and the stink was so strong I moved away from her.

 

"You going tricj-or-treating tonight?" I asked casually, she'd noticed my retreat from her.

 

"I don't know." she replied as she pulled out her math book and began to finish two of the problems. I sighed as I put my I-pod's earphones in. I leaned my head back and got lost in the beats. All thw hile asking myself what was going on with me.



© 2008 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yay, I found this story again. I forgot to bookmark it last time.
This chapter left me wanting more. Why is she repulsed by her one friend I wonder? And why is she turning into a vampire anyway?
I like the little voice in her head too. Seems like how a vampire would think.
There's some typos that sometimes made it hard to read, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Please write more soon :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

can i guess who kate is??? email me!!! oh, and i luved the story so far, i also think i know who hannah is:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


great!!! i luv ur story, but there are a few spelling mistakes. keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Yay, I found this story again. I forgot to bookmark it last time.
This chapter left me wanting more. Why is she repulsed by her one friend I wonder? And why is she turning into a vampire anyway?
I like the little voice in her head too. Seems like how a vampire would think.
There's some typos that sometimes made it hard to read, but otherwise I enjoyed it. Please write more soon :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2008


Author

Alex
Alex

Writing
Crescent Moon Crescent Moon

A Book by Alex


1. Thirteen 1. Thirteen

A Chapter by Alex


3. Revealed 3. Revealed

A Chapter by Alex