3. Revealed

3. Revealed

A Chapter by Alex

3. Revealed

 

The school day wasn't any better. I was stuck in homeroom, trying to concentrate on the boring magazine I was flipping through, but the voice screamed at me every time I took a breath. I found myself able to hold my breath, and although it became uncomfortable after a while, I managed.

 

The bell rung and that set me out for first period... history. I inwardly groaned as I trucked down the hallway and into the dull classroom. Mrs. Brines was standing at the door, giving her fake little smiles to every child that walked by. I sat there and stared at the blank board. The room was empty except for myself and two other kids. One being my friend Jade, and the other someone I didn't, or even care to know for that matter.

 

Jade smiled at me from her seat at the opposite side of the classroom, her gaze shot from me to the clock. Then she stood and walked over to me. I stole a few breaths, and then caught them again when she stood and looked at me.

 

"Happy Birthday." she greeted, giving me a radiant smile. I smiled warmly back.

 

"Thanks." I whispered. I was tired, but I was also worried and annoyed at the mystery as to what was happening to me.

 

"You okay?" she asked, immediatly picking up on my tone.

 

"Yeah, just tired you know?" I said, she nodded and watched for a moment as the classroom filled up with kids. I was thankful that Mitch was absent today. He was the desk beside me, and I relaxed a little as Jade went to take her seat.

 

"Good morining isn't it?" Mrs. Brines asked happily. A few of the kids nodded, but I-along with so many others-just gave an annoyed and disagreeing grunt.

 

"Take out last night's homework and pass it forward." she ordered. I yanked a piece of notebook paper from my folder and handed it to Misty. She was a stuck up brat, so many in this school were, but she was probably the worst. She made the devil sound like God.

 

"Today we are going to have a pop quiz!" Mrs. Brines announced excitedly. More grunts and groans. "Now I don't want to hear it. Take one and pass it back. No starting until I say."

 

I rolled my eyes as I stared at the packet in front of me. My face should have been turning purple from the five minutes of holding my breath, but besides the little discomfort I felt nothing different.

 

"... and begin!" Mrs. Brines announced. I'd spaced out... again! Oh well, I'd just have to wing it.

 

I began to fill in the blanks and circle the correct choice for the questions. It was as easy as she'd promised, and I finished quickly. I laid my head on my arm, pressing my nose to my wrist. The pumping of my heart was heard and felt through the skin. Before I knew it, I was unconcious.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Dork, hey dork. Give me your paper!" Misty demanded, brining me out of my nap. I moaned and sat up, groggy but alive. She snatched my paper from the desk and thrust it forward.

 

Jade was scowling at Misty, apparently she'd heard her. I shook my head, motioning for her to simply ignore it.

 

"These should be back by Monday. Nw if you would turn your text books to page 175 I could explain your classwork." Mrs. Brines.

 

I cracked my book open and skimmed through pages, finding the correct one. As soon as I turned the page I was met with a gory picture of a soldier that had numerous injuries. As if a fire was lit, the voice flared to life. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose.

 

"The civil war was the bloodiest war in history..." Mrs. Brines said, beginning her lecture. I stared blankly forward, pretending to listen, and tried to answer the questions that were jumbled around in my head. I gave up quickly and instead began to daydream about tonight, my birthday party, and Halloween of course.

 

The one question that hit me was...

Did that have anything to do with it? Being born on Halloween, on a full moon, at exactly midnight?

 

I didn't think so.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The chorus room was always hot and stuffy. Today it was comfortable. While everyone else sat fanning themselves I sat comfortably. Suddenly, Nikki sat next to me. She glanced at me and looked away quickly.

 

"Hi?" I asked awkwardly. She smiled at me, her teeth, her skin, her... perfection matching mine exactly.

 

"How are you?" she asked, jumping into the-what I considered to be-long and interesting conversation.

 

"Okay I guess." I stated.

 

"No you're not, I can see it on your face. What's wrong?" she asked.

 

"Just been feeling weird today, that's all." I stated.

 

"You look different." she said. I nodded, I figured that out at six o'clock this morning.  "I know what's been happening to you, what's been going on."

 

My head snapped up to meet her eyes, locking them.

 

"What?" I asked, my curiostity burning inside me.

 

"I'll tell you this. I only know because I was one too. You'll have to believe me, and keep it a secret." she cautioned.

 

I swallowed hard, and stared at her. Jade, Kate? I nodded though, I didn't seem to choose it myself, but I did it anyway.

 

"You're not human, you find things different for you now." she began.

 

"Like?" I asked.

 

"You run faster, you are stronger, you are paler, you hear something-a voice in your head, you can hold your breath for longer periods of time, your eyes change colors, you can see things better, you can smell different scents in the air, etc., etc. This could go on forever right?" she said. I just nodded again.

 

"You're a vampire." she said.



© 2008 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahh this is one cool story, totally enjoyed reading your work. Nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 24, 2008
Last Updated on October 24, 2008


Author

Alex
Alex

Writing
Crescent Moon Crescent Moon

A Book by Alex


1. Thirteen 1. Thirteen

A Chapter by Alex


2. Torture 2. Torture

A Chapter by Alex