PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Vanessa

      I cannot speak of my journey in open book proportions. But for the most part, it can be discussed. I cannot say that I regret keeping all of it furtive. It’s just that… how does someone keep all of that in? Because when something so amazing occurs, you could only think that maybe, the best thing to do would be to tell of it. Something like that could be inspiring. But then again, I can’t say that anyone would believe me. It’s not that it’s all thatfarfetched, but on some levels, I think it is rather startling.
       It seems funny to think that not so long ago I was far from any house, or any sort of commercial item for that matter. In all honesty, I don’t think that I would have needed a chair or a refridgerator. I don’t think it would have come in much use. Sometimes, things just felt so right, I would have thought I could have lived without oxygen. And maybe I could have. One thing that I know will never change: they were more of a family than I could ever ask for or have ever have had. I had my home no matter where I went, just as long as I was with them.
      I really miss the Chadwicks. I miss them with a severe, burning intensity, actually. And when I close my eyes, it hurts a little… because I see them. Knowing that I never will again hurts all the more. But it doesn’t change the fact that I have some sort of memory. That’s all I have left of them so I’m willing to take that much. And I’ll be damned if I ever forget them. Yet, how could I? I can see Adelaide still, her fiery hair twisted with feathers the way she liked it. And if I’m lucky, I can still sort of smell the lavender pouch that always adorned her earthy clothing. I still yearn to enfold her one last time in my arms, to feel the motherly hold she had always had on me. And Charlie, with the abrasion of greens that his eyes so wonderfully carried in hue still remains clear in my head, right behind my eyelids, caring and bulky, just like a brother. And it burns so vividly, too vividly, to even think of… Clive. Clive. His name still rolls off my tongue like magic. It almost sounds the same as the way he’d first said it when he introduced himself. “Clive Chadwick.” He had said with an airy smile that displayed his imperfect teeth. That was my favorite part of his smiles; the imperfect beauty. Imperfections were perfect on Clive, though. He looked sort of shabby, standing there. The greenery and trees were a fantastic back round. And when the morning sun came like melted gold through the trees, it made it a tad hard to see things. But once I was upright and I saw him properly, my lips went tingly. He reminded me of some woodland creature; like some kind of kobold or some sort of beautiful elf. Maybe he was.... is. His hair shone honey-orange and tinged with ginger in the sun, it almost looked like fire. The reddened radiance that his mane had presented was godly and beautiful. I bet the wind still blows it wildly around him in the spring. I remember him taking his left hand briskly from behind his back and waving at me airily, a short strand of hair waved about in front of his beaming face. That forever-trademark satchel he had always carried wobbled near his elbow as he stepped a bit toward me, reaching his brisk, long hand out in greeting. Of course… at that time I was rather frightened and not so glad to be clueless at my present place. But if I understood what would soon occur, I’m most certain that I would have shaken his hand graciously and probably throw myself into his welcoming arms. But I cannot say that anyone would be able to be friendly when you’d just woke up in the woods with a family that would appear to had belonged in a fairy-tale. Regardless, Clive was beautiful… and perplexingly glowing no matter what.


© 2008 Vanessa


Author's Note

Vanessa
okay, i really, really am excited about this one. so please, if anyone will tell me what they think.... that would be fatastic!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's early yet, I'm not sure what the story is about, but you have an amazing attention to detail. I wish my writing was as visually stimulating. I can picture the family as you speak of them with longing and it makes me want to know more. Hope that is helpful. Billi

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on March 15, 2008


Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

About
-As an introduction . . . . every place that I go gets an even number of steps. Yet, I don't very much like symmetry. -I love the smell of wet moss when it rains. -There's this ama.. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Story by Vanessa