FM Radio

FM Radio

A Story by Vanessa
"

Written as I sat out in the rainy grass

"

 

   Could I lie with you, your arms entwined in me, without assumptions being made?? Could I tell you that I love the feel of wet stones on my toes, and will you tell me that you wish you and I could go to sit in the rain together?? If I said that I enjoy talking to the local pond while listening to my crappy, plastic radio, would you kiss my forehead and tell me I was silly??
   When I tell you that I like the smell of lake water and birds’ feathers, please tell me that you find me incomprehensive. You don’t have to understand.
   I’m going to tell you that I loathe plastic. I’ll say that I love the days when the tadpoles meet me at the water’s end; won’t you smile at me and bring pictures of the clouds??
 
I listened to your favorite song today, heard it on my FM radio. I thought of when I used to call you while I sat by the ducklings that flapped their smallish, developing wings, sprinkling me with lake water. I’d closed my eyes and stretched out in the implausibly green grass, putting my cell phone to the single use it had in speaking with the only one that would talk to me.
    
I heard one mad guitar solo, while listening to my FM radio. I thought of you and how you used to air-guitar during classes.  
And now I’m sitting in the grass, alone but for the tadpoles and the dripping from a tree above my head. My cell phone is far from reach, as I never liked that foolish piece of machinery. The day is melting with the sky, as I listen to my FM radio.

© 2008 Vanessa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I absolutely LOVE the first par., 'talking to the local pond', ah you are silly love.
This is just an honest and beautifull write.
'The day is melting with the sky..' incredible
'won't you smile at me and bring pictures of the clouds??' of course
Really enjoyed this one

J.P.O.et





Posted 15 Years Ago


This was great... The descriptions here are absolutely fantastic; so many wonderful images that I just can't choose one that I like the best!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very cool!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Aww how sweet.
he used everything to air guitar haha.
yes you know who I'm talking about as do I
"I'll say that I love the days when the tadpoles meet me at the water's end; won't you smile at me and bring pictures of the clouds??"

I love that part :) something about it maks me smile, there are lots of things in your pieces that do.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2008

Author

Vanessa
Vanessa

About
-As an introduction . . . . every place that I go gets an even number of steps. Yet, I don't very much like symmetry. -I love the smell of wet moss when it rains. -There's this ama.. more..

Writing
You and I You and I

A Story by Vanessa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..