Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Van Rogue

All the blood was beginning to get to Spiro. It was covering every inch of the child's bedroom. Blood was soaked into the carpet, covered all the furniture, sprayed across the walls and was dripping from the ceiling. The blood glinted in the morning sun that shone through the window. The curtains had been ripped off the window and the window smashed from something being thrown at it. Spiro knew what had been thrown out the window and it made him feel sick. A seven years old boy, whose room this was, had been thrown out the window. The child was alive but in intensive care.

"Perhaps you should get some air Spiro. You're looking a bit pale." Filcher commented as he appeared beside Spiro.

"I'm fine." Spiro said annoyed. Spiro Zorn was the senior detective of the supernatural branch of the Hazelton police force. He was use to seeing bloodied crime scenes but this was by far the bloodiest. Two grown humans had been killed here, the parents of the boy. They had been ripped apart in this room, judging by the fact that this was the only room in the house with blood if you didn't count the bloodied footprints the killer had left through the house. Spiro looked around the room and saw in the corner of the room a pile of bones, picked clean of flesh. This was too much for Spiro.

"I'm going to go and see if the killer left anything behind in the rest of the house." Spiro said as he walked down the hall away from the boy's bedroom. He went downstairs and walked out the front door. He went over to a police car, leaned against and took in a deep breath.

"You look like you're going to faint Detective."

Spiro looked up and saw Jehane Rousseau. He smiled. Jehane was beautiful, with wavy, silky black hair that went down pass her knees, sapphire blue eyes that were just sparkling in the sunlight, and a fit hourglass shape body. She was wearing a tight white summer dress with pink flowers decorating it. It looked wonderful on her. Spiro looked away after realising he was staring and started feeling hot in the face.

"How come you're here?" He asked.

"Filcher called me in. Said there was a therianthrope attack." She replied. Jehane was a legal hunter. Hunting therianthropes and vampires was illegal unless a therianthrope or vampire was deemed dangerous to the public by the law. Jehane also had a very high knowledge of therianthropes. She was the second in command of the Sang Clan despite the fact she was human. Spiro still didn't know how she became apart of a therianthrope clan without have any strains of therianthropy.

"You don't want to be here Jehane. You really just don't want to be here." Spiro said weakly.

"Is it really that bad?"

"It's worse then anything we've witness. At least two people were murdered and eaten by a therianthrope and their seven year old son was thrown through a close window on the top floor."

"Oh my…" Jehane brought a hand to her mouth in shock.

"The boy is alive but in intensive care. I've told the hospital to call me if he wakes up."

"Was he bitten or scratched?" Jehane asked.

"The paramedics didn't mention any injuries like that. But they could have missed something," Spiro pushed himself away from the police car and put his hands into his jean pockets as something came to his mind, "when I first became a detective, my first case was similar to this one. Not this bad but still it was horrible. The survivor was a seven year old boy, just like this one. You should know him, I'm pretty sure his name was Rafe Tyson."

Jehane nodded her head, "Yeah I know him. A sweet kid despite what happen to him."

"His mother was eaten, her bones left in a pile and her head missing. The killer also took his twin brother." Spiro said grimly as he started walking slowly towards the house.

"Rafe had a twin? I didn't know that." Jehane said as she followed close behind him.

"Yeah, Dwayne Tyson." Spiro stopped at the front door, "These murders are six years apart. Both times, the victims were eaten. There must be other murders if this therianthrope eats human flesh."

"Maybe he kills in other towns or cities." Jehane suggested.

Spiro looked at her, "Maybe. I might check into that." He said as he began thinking about it, "Jehane, I need a favour."

"Sure, what do you need?" Jehane asked curiously.

"I want to set up a meeting with your leader. This is a very dangerous therianthrope that we're looking for. We'll need the local clans to help." Spiro replied. He knew very well that it was impossible for an outsider to meet the Sang Clan's leader. Their leader had to be one of the most well kept secrets. No one knew who he or she was and Spiro hated that. He hated that some secret leader was pulling the strings among the largest therianthrope clan in Hazelton and he knew this was the best way to finally meet the leader.

"Spiro, you know that's impossible. Our leader never meets with an outsider," Jehane said, "but I will ask him. You never know." She added.

Spiro smiled, "Thank you Jehane. You ready to go in?" He asked. Jehane looked at Spiro unsure, "I don't know if I am. You did make it sound really bad."

Spiro's smile disappeared, "Everyone on this case is going to have nightmares, but we have a job to do Jehane. The killer left enough evidence behind to help you figure out what type of therianthrope is."

"Ok then, let's do our job." Jehane said weakly.

 

Spiro fell back onto his bed, glad to finally be home and away from that crime scene. After today he felt like drinking himself into a stupor. All that blood was now permanently stuck in his head. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

There was a sudden knock at the door, making Spiro sit up. He groaned, not really wanting to see anyone. He got up and went to the front door of his apartment. He looked through the peep hole and groaned again when he saw his ex-wife, Amber.

"What do you want?" He shouted though the closed door, already knowing why she was here.

"I'm here for my alimony Spiro, but I'm betting you already knew that." Amber called back, "Now, please let me in."

Spiro sighed and opened the door, "Come in." He said before turning and walking down the hall to the kitchenette.

"You look paler then usual Spiro. Are you unwell?" Amber asked as she followed Spiro through the apartment.

"Like you actually care." Spiro said coldly.

"Spiro, please don't be like that. I do care." She said softly.

"Don't lie to me." Spiro shouted as he turned to face Amber.

"Don't yell at me Spiro." Amber said calmly.

Spiro frowned at her before getting his wallet out. He pulled out ten fifty dollar notes that he was meant to put into Amber's account and pass them to her.

"There's your money, now get out." Spiro said, not bothering to keep the anger out of his voice. Amber took the notes from Spiro and looked at Spiro sadly, "Oh Spiro, what happened to you? You use to be so happy."

"Well what do you expect when you decided to divorce me?"

Amber looked away from Spiro, "I had no choice," She said before looking back at Spiro, "You know that."

"You had plenty of choice Amber. Now get lost." Spiro walked pass Amber and went back to his bedroom. He collapse onto his bed and curled up into a ball. He knew that Amber was still in his apartment. He really wanted her to just leave. Their divorce was something he never saw coming while they were married. He didn't even realise that she wasn't happy at the time though, thinking back now, he could see it.

"Are you still having night terrors?" Amber asked. Spiro looked over at the door and saw Amber standing there. She looked worried. Spiro stayed silent and looked away from her. After a few minutes, he looked back. She was still standing there.

"Please leave Amber." Spiro said softly.

"I am sorry with everything that happened Spiro. I'll see you next time you forget the alimony." She said before finally leaving. Tears started falling from Spiro's eyes the moment he heard the front door close. He hated seeing Amber. It brought back too many memories that caused him so much heart ache. He still loved her so very much and he could tell she still loved him but she just couldn't handle being married to him anymore. Spiro had frequent night terrors, was always late home from work and barely spent any time with Amber. He had been neglectful in the relationship and never gave Amber the care or attention that she gave him but he had refused to accept it at the time. He refused to be the reason the marriage ended. And when he finally accepted it, he broke apart, becoming depressed and began drinking. He managed to get everything under control but whenever he saw Amber he just wanted to break down again.

Spiro sat up and let out a sigh. He really wanted a drink now. After today he just couldn't take anymore. He wiped away his tears and got up. Slowly, he walked to the kitchenette when there was a knock at the door. He decided to ignore it. He didn't want to see anyone else.

"Detective, Jehane told me you wanted to meet me." Someone shouted out from the other side of the front door. This made Spiro stop in his tracks. The voice was young, a male teenager's voice by the sounds of it. Spiro frowned and started heading towards the front door. He looked through the peek hole and sure enough he saw a teenage boy who looked oddly familiar. He opened the door and after seeing the boy more closely he knew who it was.

"Valentine Diesel. You've grown a lot since I last saw you six years ago." Spiro said.

"Good afternoon Detective Zorn. Jehane informed me that you wanted to meet with me." Valentine said as he walked passed Spiro into the apartment without invitation.

"Hey, I didn't say you could come." Spiro said annoyed as he closed the front door and followed after Valentine.

"I know but I didn't feel save out there. So what did you want to talk to me about?" Valentine asked as he stepped into the lounge room.

"Kid, I don't even know why you're here." Spiro replied confused. Valentine turned around and looked at Spiro, "Oh, sorry. I'm use to people knowing who I am. I'm the leader of the Sang Clan. Normally I wouldn't meet with an outsider but seeing as I already knew you, I thought I might as well."

"What?" Spiro said in disbelief, "You're the leader of the largest mix therianthrope clan in Australia. I found that hard to believe."

"Most people do," Valentine said with a smile as he walked over to the sofa and dropped onto it carelessly, "but I am speaking the truth. I am the leader."

"Right." Spiro said slowly. He turned around and walked over to the kitchenette.

"What you doing?" Valentine asked with curiosity.

"Getting a drink. I've had a rough day today." Spiro answered as he opened the freezer and pulled out a bottle of whiskey.

"Can I have a drink?"

Spiro looked back at Valentine and shook his head, "You're not old enough kid."

"True but I'm a therianthrope. It hardly affects me." Valentine said.

"Then why do you want a drink if it hardly affects you?" Spiro got out a glass and began pouring himself a drink.

"It affects me enough to make me feel happy. I enjoy it." Valentine smiled.

"The answer is still no Valentine." Spiro said as he walked over to his recliner and sat down.

"So what is it you want to talk about?" Valentine asked, "Jehane wouldn't say."

"There is a therianthrope in Hazelton who has committed a murder. He's also responsible for the murder of Amanda Tyson and the kidnap of Dwayne Tyson six years ago." Spiro explained.

"Rafe's mother's murderer is back. Interesting and very risky for him. I shall I have my trackers help you. And any other resource I can give." Valentine offered.

Spiro raised his eyebrows, "Really? Thank you."

"Rafe is a good friend of mine. For the past six years he's had no way to grief over the lost of his brother and mother. In all honesty, he still believes that his brother is alive but no one else does. They all think he's dead." Valentine said as he lied down on the sofa.

"What do you think?" Spiro asked as he drank some of his whiskey.

"I believe Rafe is right. He's an identical twin and I strongly believe twins can sense one another." Valentine looked up at the ceiling and Spiro could see that the teen looked tired.

"I believe you may be right Valentine. I think Dwayne is still alive." Spiro finished off his drink and placed his glass on the coffee table. "But if he is, I'm worried that the murderer might have trained him to kill."

"Maybe." Valentine murmured sleepily. Spiro started thinking about the possibility that Dwayne was now a murderer as he got up and grabbed his glass. He went back to the kitchenette and poured himself another drink. When he went back to the lounge room he could hear light snoring. He looked down at the sofa and saw that Valentine was fast asleep. Spiro sighed and decided to let the teen sleep. He took Valentine's shoes off, not wanting them to make his sofa dirty and covered Valentine with a blanket. He finished his drink and decided to go to sleep himself.



© 2012 Van Rogue


Author's Note

Van Rogue
I'm not very confident about my grammar and spelling so it'll help if you point any errors out for me. Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 3, 2012
Last Updated on January 3, 2012


Author

Van Rogue
Van Rogue

Busselton, Western Australia, Australia



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Van Rogue


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Van Rogue


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Van Rogue