Dark Star: Chapter 1

Dark Star: Chapter 1

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Haunted by the nightmares, Bellalyse knows she will never be able to escape from her past.

"

      Blood drips on my hands. The wolf's body hangs above my head. Head weak, body fatigued. Can't stand. No, don't. Please... Stop...

     My arms were held behind my back. I cried out and tried to struggle until I was free but their grip was too tight. I clawed, scratched, bit the air, growled, whatever I could do to scare them away, but they just laughed and tightened their grip. The world around me becomes blurry and I give up the fight...

     "Hey! You! Come on dude, it's just a dream." I woke up, hearing my voice fade out of a scream. The guy sitting beside me, he was about 17, I think, was shaking my arm and shouting at me. His hair flipped over his left eyes and his jeans wewre way too tight and torn. His ears and lips were pierced in several different places. I had never seen people like him, until this morning.

"Huh? What?" My voice was weak and scratchy.

   "You were screaming. Bad dream, huh?" I nodded and sighed, slinking down in my seat, trying to avoid all the eyes that were focused on me.

The boy stuck out his hand. "I'm Caleb."

     I took his hand in mine and shook it. "I'm Bellalyse." His eyes widened when I said my name.

    "Bellalyse? That's is probably the most beautiful name I have ever heard!" I chuckled, wondering if he was sincere or if he was just flirting. I rethought the last idea. Back in my small, severly old-fashioned town a deserted part of Alaska, I wasn't the least bit beautiful to any of the guys from my town. They would call me ugly, or giraffe and laugh or joke at me ever time I would walk by them.

     "Has anyone ever told you that you are the most beautiful creature in this world?" At that, I couldn't help but start laughing. He gave me a questioning look. "You mean no one has?!?" I shook my head, still laughing. "That's insane because, let me assure you, you certainly are!" I stopped laughing and wrapped my arm around his shoulder hugging him, whispering thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       Right before I left the airport, I waved goodbye to Caleb. He waved back smiling.  It didn't take me as long to make friends in here as I had expected.

      Tokyo seems to be an entire world away from Alaska. All the bright lights and tall buildings, it was almost scary at first. I knew right away how easy it would be to get lost here. Luckily though, a boy named Hitoshi Azuma greeted me at the airport and informed me that he would be guiding me through Tokyo to the place I'd be staying. Maybe this would be easier than I thought.

 



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on September 1, 2010
Last Updated on September 1, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114