Kiss and Control: Chapter 2

Kiss and Control: Chapter 2

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Rule of life #1: LIVE! At least, that's what it's always been for me.

"

           "Ready?" Before I got into Angel's truck, I glanced back at the school. "What did Brandon do this time?" I sighed and threw my bag in the back, then got in the passenger seat. "Same." She shook her head and started the old piece of crap she calls a truck. "Ok, but what did you do?" I bit my lip to hold in the chuckle that dared to come out. "I slammed the locker door on his hand." Angel held her fist out and laughed as I bumped it. "Nice."

           "Is Tess not coming this time?" I asked as we passed Tess' house. "She's already at your house." Of course. "Wow. She's fast. Why are we all meeting at my house this time?"

           "You're the only person who has clothes we can use for our theme." Angel didn't even bother to slow the truck down as she made a sharp turn into my driveway. Eh, but I've gotten used to it. Angel's the only one of the three of us that's parents will still let drive. Well, actually, my parents probably would still let me drive if I hadn't gotten my license taken away.

            "Ok, I'm going to go run over to my house and grab all the makeup." Angel jumped out of the truck and ran to the house next door. One thing I love about our little section of Flippin, we all live right next to each other. well, sorta. Tess' house is three houses to the right of mine, but it's still pretty close. And we can all walk to school, if needed.

             "I swear, someday, Angel is going to hit that tree if she keeps pulling into the driveway like that!" I ignored my mother and ran straight to my room. "Nice to see you too!" I heard her call.

            Tess was already waiting for me on my bed, with my clothes scattered everwhere. "Where's Angel?" She asked. "She went to go get some makeup." Tess' eyes suddenly turned wide. "Why?!? Why did you let her do that?" I laughed. "Come on, it won't be that bad. We just have to hope she can fit the theme."

             Once Angel came back, the three of us raided the colorful stack of clothing sitting in the middle of my room. The first thing I found was a pair of knee high black and white striped leggings, which I didn't even know I had. I quickly claimed those along with a very short black leather miniskirt with chains hanging from the pockets and white tanktop that had "accidently" been splattered with black paint. It made it look pretty cool though.

             I completed my look with some laced knee-high boots and a wide variety of jewlery, like a cross choker, some spiked bracelets, and some of those wierd gummy bracelets.

            I glanced over at Angel. She definitley was enjoying dressing up. She was wearing a red and black Abbey Dawn jacket over a black tanktop along with some black skinny jeans and an old pair of grey converses. A huge change from her normal, glitter and pink look.

              Tess, however, hadn't really changed much. She was wearing a plain, black Aerosmith t-shirt she hadn't gotten while we were in the mall together a few months ago and some denim jeans. "That's not seriously what you're wearing, is it?" She frowned. "Do you not like it?" I quickly glanced around the room, my eyes locking onto a purple and black checkered jacket. I brought it to her and she threw it on. "There we go. That's good."

              Angel convinced me to let her put on my make up. She started with my eyes. I could feel something thick and wet that was definitely not eyeliner being slathered around my eyes and flowing out to the corners. "What is that?" I asked, worried. "Mascara." I quickly jumped away from her. "What?!?" She giggled. "Look." She pointed over to the mirror and, hesitantly, I looked. Amazingly, it actually turned out great.

            The three of us all crowded into the bathroom to mess with our hair. While Tess straightened her wavy black hair and Angel straightened her insanely curly brown hair, I got out the scissors and began to cut my naturally straight blonde hair.

            I reparted it first, from the middle to the right, so that it fell over my left eye. Then I took the scissors in my right hand, and took the part of my hair that fell over my eyes inbetween my fingers and cut it  so that it ended right below my eye.

           When I looked back at Tess and Angel, they all stood with their mouths wide open. "Isn't your mom going to kill you?!?" Angel shouted. "After she sees these, she won't even notice the hair." I smiled deviously and got a piercing gun that I had hidden under the sink. "Don't do it!" Tess yelled. I ignored her though and put a silver stud into the gun.

            "You do know how to use that don't you?" I put the gun up to my lip. "Of course! I read the instructions!" Without thinking about it, I pulled the trigger. It hurt! But  I think it was worth it. So I did a few more. Like another in the lip for snake bites, one in my nose, and one in my right eyebrow.

             "You soo shouldn't have done that!" I ignored Tess and put on the medicine that came with the gun. "Mom, won't find out until tomorrow, and the night will already be over by then. You guys need to loosen up, have fun." Angel put her hands on her hips. "You're insane."

           "Yeah, I know. But I don't think you guys are insane enough. Now, come on. Let's go." They follwed me back into my room, where we snuck out the window and all three jumped into Angel's car, speeding away off to the skating rink.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing