Cold Grounds

Cold Grounds

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton
"

The beginning of her quest....what shall happen?

"

I lay in the snow looking at the starry night sky; snow is falling in diamond shapes, swirling around my body. As the snow lands and melts on my face I see from the corner of my eye that my house lights are turning on and off. Going crazy on both floors, I can almost picture my parents running up the stairs franticly trying to find me. Deciding whether I should stay in the blanket of snow, or go inside to reassure my saftey to them. Of course as a nine year old girl I would go inside, run into their arms and say:     " Everything is okay."

Everything was not 'okay' though, as I stood up and looked at the sky, feeling that something was wrong I then focused my attention to my house. As I looked at a particular area I saw a figure at the window, from here all I could see was that the figure was just standing there. Then it crashed threw the second story window and fell to the ground with a thud. By this time my heart was pounding threw my skull, the blood faded from my face. I didn't even realize it, but I was running toward the figure, the closer I get the more I realize that I should have never went near.

Glass was surrounding the figure fromt what I could make out from this distance, but I come near and nearer I know. I know who it is. I know that she is dead. My sister is dead. The faint crimson color on her, around her was real, but how could that be?

" What happened?" was all that reached my lips.

BANG!! Another loud crash came from behind me, I don't want to turn around and look.

"AHHHHH!" a scream from somebody inside the house.

Thsi time I know that I have to turn and go, before leaving my sisters body where it landed, I take my jacket off and laid it across her torso. I had to swallow a ball of tears in my throat knowing that I was going to cry at any moment. I started toward the front door, no more tears no, no more hope of having her back. There was another crash that seemed on the second level of the house, I start running. I reach the front door and it was open, I could feel the atmosphere from worried to panic.

" Mom...dad?" I said barley over a whisper.

What happened next to happen fast, my mother stated yelling for me to run and leave the house.

" Leave baby. Run. Don't look back, whatever you do don't look back!" she screamed at me from the top of the stairs. I wanted to lisetn to her, but I didn't for some reason I stayed at the entrance. She screamed at me to leave again and again but I never left my spot, I knew I should have though. Or at least turned away to what happened next.

A pale, shadowy figure from behind her wrapped its arms around her neck.

" Don't look baby turn away." she begged me, but I never listened to her.

I could tell it was hurting her cause she kept on struggling and her breaths seemed to come out in gasps. It whispered something in her ear something that I could not hear, but she reacted to those words and screamed. He held her tighter, stopping her from another out burst like that again, then there was a snap and her body went limp. It dropped her body and she collapsed down the stairs well, landing in front of me. Screaming was my first instinct, but after seeing what that thing did to my mom I stayed quiet.

The figure was now desending the stairs, coming towards me, I wanted to move but my body was paralized.

" What do you want?" I said unevenly

The firgure didn't answer, but it came in to the light and I say it's face. It was a man, a teenager to be exact, he was tall with soft brown hair. There was a scar above his left baby blue eye, it was jagged and ran up to his hair line. He was wearing torn jeans but no shirt, he stopped walking and looked at me. He stared for what seemed like an eternity then walked right past me, as his body brushed my shoulder my body fell and I started to black out. My eyes started to flutter as I saw the man coming back for me, I watched and waited for him to take my life as he took my familes. Though he didn't he picked me up from the floor and cradled me in his arms, he was leaving the house and going toward the hill I once was at. I looked up at him as he seemed to be gliding, I wanted to say something but I was to confused to think of any thing. He layed me down on the cold snow and muttered something to him self.

" What are you?' was all that I had that made sense.

" One day you will find out and hate me for what I have done, but know that I have just saved your life and I am forever in your debt. I will come to you again in your later future and I will need you to help me." he said softly and clearly enough that I understood what he was saying. I drifted to sleep as I heard his last words:" I love you."

 

 

 



© 2010 Victoria Thornton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved it! Just a few mistakes or typos. For one, on the man's face was a scar, not a scare. Also, it might have just been a typo, but "mutterd" should be "muttered". Other than that, it was great ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on January 20, 2010
Last Updated on March 3, 2010


Author

Victoria Thornton
Victoria Thornton

Waco, TX



About
Just...yeah more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton


Trying Trying

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton