Truth time

Truth time

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton
"

Wish's family tells her the truth about her real family and a visiter comes to the house for her.....

"

"Wish oh my god! There you are we haven't seen you in ages! You look so beautiful" my mother said

I ran up to her and gave her a hug, she felt so fragile and warm in my arms it was scary.

" So what have I missed?" I asked

Over the next hour we catched up on has happened over the past few years, and much has changed with them and me.

" So how are your classes?" they asked

"They are good, we are of for Christmas break and i decided to visit."

" Of course you can stay in your room, we havent touched anything so it's still the same." she said.

I nodded as a small response. Slowly walking to my room, feeling their eyes on me I opened my door. They were right, it looks like they havent even been in the room. the bed is still the same pattern as I remember, my desk was still cluttered with pointless hobbies and my closet was filled with shoes and clothes.

I felt so werid to come into the room after this long, it feels like I haven't even left. I smiled at the thought of that. Thinking that the fight never happened was an up lift, and my parents seem to not be thinking it. There was a small knock at my door which made me jump and turn.

" Sorry I forgot you were so skitish, Wish I think that we all need to talk" my father said.

Well it was positive for awhile. I followed him into the kitchen and sat down on a stool.

"Wish I think that you should know something before you stay, it's important and you need to know." my mother said in a soft assuring voice.

I was going to say something but my father put his hand up and stopped me.

" This is the last time I am going to be harsh on you, just listen to us, hear us out, and ask questions when we are done. Okay?"

"Okay." I said

We all exhaled at the same time, then they began talking.

" How do I begin..well Wish we aren't your real parents. You were adopted by us when you were just five." she said  softly not meeting my shocked gaze.

"Your real family...they are dead." she said choking out the last words

"The police found you on top of a hill a few yards away from your house,covered in snow. Apparently you wondered out of the house in the middle of the night. It was a mirical that you weren't in the house when it happened."she said

By this time I was already confused, breathing hard and trying not to pass out, my head started reeling with memories that I never even remember. I stold up from the stool and backed away from them.

"Wish we thought that you knew, when we adopted you the councler said that you might be very familiar with that night. But when we asked you, you had no idea what we were talking about. We didn't want to push the fact on you, just waited for you to remember which you didn't."

They waited in silence as I tried to piece everything together. Flashes of snow, blood, lights, and a man went through my head. My mother exhaled.

" Wish remember the Merlocks massacre?"

"Of course people were talking about it for years, even now they still do."

" They didn't print the whole truth in the papers. There was a girl who survived Wish, she was on top of the hill covered in snow. It was you."

I stared at both of them with a blanket expression, I started to back away from them. They stold up noticing my escape.

" Wish we thought that you knew, we thought that, that's why you left."

" I left because you would not tell me anything that you were hiding!" I screamed.

They exhaled deeply, " We thought that you didn't need to know if you couldn't remember. We didn't want to push thoughs memories on you." my dad explained.

I wanted to argue with that, but he did have a point. The door bell rang and we all faced the door. My heart was already pounding threw my chest, from anger.

My mother got out of her seat and went to open the door.

" You should have told me." I muttered

My father clicked his tounge with annoyance now, which I didn't expect.

"Um yes she is hear."

"May I speak to her?"

" I dont' see why not sure." my mother said

 



© 2010 Victoria Thornton


Author's Note

Victoria Thornton
I normally don't have everything written out, I just add things that come to me. So don't be mad if I don't add anything in like a week

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was very good. I just think there should of been a little bit more build-up for the shocking reveal. It was a little rushed in some regards. Other than that, it was very good ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
1 Review
Added on February 12, 2010
Last Updated on March 31, 2010


Author

Victoria Thornton
Victoria Thornton

Waco, TX



About
Just...yeah more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton


Trying Trying

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton