Reunions

Reunions

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton
"

15 years later, Wish stark is in the middle of her first semester in her sophmore year in college, and happens apon a familiar person.....

"

"And that's the end of my lecture, you are dismissed." Mr. Myers my english teacher said. I grabbed my bag and books then headed for my car.

" Wish, Wish wait up." I heard from behind me, I turned and waited for my friend Michael. We've known each other since elementry school, sure we fought but we are always the best of friends. Running up to me now, he's breathing hard.

" How was class meet any cute guys?" he asked excited

" No, but I am sure you have." I said laughing

" No that 's why I am asking. Duh! Any way you coming to the party tonight, I need a wing man...or in your case a wing woman." Michael said with a small giggle.

" Can't I have to visit my family this weekend." I said in an almost inaudible.

" What?" He said stopping in his tracks as we head for my car.

" It's Christmas break and they want me home." I explained

" Your 'family'." he said putting air quote on family

" Yes, I haven't seen them since July and I kinda miss them. Please don't make a whole scene about this Michael, I need to see them. Plus it's the holidays."

" Fine I will just rot away alone all threw Christmas break, I will soon be the Scrooge and wlit away." He said sounding dramatic

" But didn't he end up likeing Christmas?"

He exhaled dramaticly, and I get to my car and offer him a ride.

" No I need to get to home as well PARTY TONIGHT!!!" he yelled

I laughed as I started my car.

" Well let me know how things go, cause last time you came back you didn't talk for a week." he said softly

" I'll text you when I get there okay?"

" You better."

" Bye smexy." I said getting out of my car and giving him a hug.

" Love you Wish, be careful."

I nod, get into the car and drive away. I turned the radio on half way through the drive, and tuned into something other than my thoughts.

" They are my family I have to see them, they need to see me." I kept telling my self.

My family was in small words complicated, we argue most of the time, hardly agree on anything. The last time I saw them was when I was in late teens, and they had enough with me. They always said things that I never even understood even to this day, like: " She needs to know." or " What will happen if she finds out?" they always said that and I never could figure what they are talking about. One day I confronted them about it, and they denied it, saying I don't need to know. The conversation got violent,  I yelled at my father and mother, and they yelled back. It's like the tention in our past few years was let out in that argument. Things were thrown and ugly words were exchanged, and I left and havn't seen them since.

That was a few years ago, they wrote letters saying that they were sorry and didn't mean it. I thought that they didn't need to say sorry cause everything we all said needed to be out there. I never wrote back, called, or anything, I just let what ever happen, happen. So here I am now facing them after all this time.

Few hours later.

" I am on there street, call me sometime later bye." I said leaving a vocie mail on Michaels phone.

I exhale deeply as I drive into their drive way, this was not a good idea for me to do, hell they don't even know that I was coming. 

" Turn away wish, you know that you are gonna regret this so just turn away." I said to myself.

It was to late though somebody was coming out the house, so I stop the engine and get out of the car.

" Hi dad." I said with a shaky wave.

He seemed very surprised as was I when he came up to me and huged me tight.

" I missed you so much." I said, I could feel his shoulders shudder as if he were crying.

" You have been dearly missed Wish." He said under his breath

We stayed like that for a moment or so then he let go and took a long look at me.

" Wow you have turned into such a lady, your so beautiful."

I smiled at him glad that this was the reunion not the yelling screaming and arguing reunion.

" It's been awhile I hope I didn't misss any thing." I said then we started to head in the house.

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Victoria Thornton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on January 26, 2010
Last Updated on February 11, 2010


Author

Victoria Thornton
Victoria Thornton

Waco, TX



About
Just...yeah more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton


Trying Trying

A Chapter by Victoria Thornton