Learning, Lords, and Love

Learning, Lords, and Love

A Story by kyrie
"

A comical excerpt from the series I have yet to write

"

Her wings beat heavily; she was getting tired.  You might think you're tough, but you've got lots to learn, he thought with a frown.  He kept glancing over at her, stealthily enough so that she didn't notice.  Her beating wings were steadily slowing, and he was sure that any minute she would drop out of the sky.  Finally, he had to ask,

                "Are you okay?"

                He was frustrated with her for not saying anything about it, but he knew that to be a warrior, overriding pain was a necessity.  The girl would kill herself, trying to be so strong.  Surprisingly, Lestat felt a pang of compassion for her.  She reminded him of…himself, in a way.  She was going through the same turmoil he'd experienced years before her.  The choice to accept the call of Kiltyusis was one she would probably want to go without, but in time she'd learn that the struggle was worth it.  Perhaps he should tell her that…

                "I'm fi�""

                She fell out of the sky then.  He'd been so wrapped up in his thoughts he hadn't noticed that the beating of her wings had stopped.  Oh crap!  The Ossirrii would have his hide if they found out she'd almost died on his watch.  Ossiirius was still trying to derive from the prophecies what would happen to her if harm came her way.  There had never been a forbidden child before.  As he reached her, he noticed her skin was blue.  Mortal blood.  The thought made him excited him and made him sick at the same time.  Being a vampire, mortal blood always excited him; there were times the smell of her blood was so strong he had to struggle not to corner her, baring his fangs and ready to bite.  It sickened him because of two reasons.  For one, there was Immortal blood mixed in there, and the thought of betrayal… Exactly what was the price of spilling the Forbidden Child's blood?  More so like what's the punishment?  The price would be too great, but even the darkest would be willing to spill it.

                Not quite so.  Ember lied of her death.

                Well, that made sense.  He wrapped his arms around Luna's stomach and was about to plan his next move when the swaying of treetops caught his eyes.  They were heading head-first into a forest, now wouldn't that be fun.  Grimacing in strain, he forced his momentum upwards just in time; only their feet brushed the leaves a little.  He shot upward, far enough out of the atmosphere so people wouldn't see, and then he slowed to a hover.  Without dropping her, he managed to change her position so he was cradling her more so than lugging her like a sack of potatoes.  It made him uncomfortable, somewhat, because of the second reason her blood made him sick.  A closer look at her face and he was alarmed again.  Earlier, it had only slightly been tinged blue.  Now, there was no doubt about it.  The pasty complexion made him sick to his stomach, and he realized he was scared.  For her. 

                Several seconds later, they were back on the ground.  Gentleness flowed out of him as he lay her down on the soft grass. 

                "My lord!"

                He looked up quickly and stood, hiding Luna from their view.  The messenger looked stern, and internally he grimaced.  Putting up a light front, he asked,

                "Sirus, what is it?"

                Sirus grunted and narrowed an eye, only one eye, at him.  He hated it when he did that, which was why Sirus did it.

                "Boy, you've got a lot to learn."

                He held the messenger's eyes and asked his question again, this time a bit terse.

                "What is it, Sirus?"

                "Watch your tongue.  Don't you disrespect me, boy."

                "Who are you to speak of disrespect?" he said snidely, turning around and kneeling to attend to Luna, not caring whether Sirus saw or not. It didn't matter; the Ossirrii knew everything.

                The second reason came to his mind again, and he forced it away.  The whiteness was coming back to her face, the paleness he loved so well.  He stroked her cheek, and whispered her name softly, that gentleness flowing from him like water.  She stirred slightly but did not awaken, for this he frowned slightly.  Sirus brought his horse round to face him, and Lestat looked up, frown deepening.

                "The Ossirrii, a council.  Now."

                Sirus' tone was quite demanding, eyes giving him no choice.  Lestat scowled at the messenger and stood to his full height.

                "And yes, bring it too."

                Indignity worked its way into him, and he was about to knock the man of his horse when a cold hand stopped him.

                "Lestat, don't," Luna whispered weakly.

                He turned incredulous eyes on her, looking back and forth between her and Sirus.

                "Yes Lestat.  Don't." 

                The man was taunting him, and nothing made his blood boil more.  He detested Sirus, of all messengers.  But, alas, he was Ossiirius' favorite.  What could he do?  He had half the mind to tell the father of the gods it was time for a new messenger, but he knew it wouldn't be a wise thing to do.  He finally sighed and nodded, walking off in the opposite way of Ossirriion. 

                "Where do you're going young man?" Sirus bellowed.

                "Horses!" His roar of the word could be heard for miles, yet barely above a whisper he calmly, slowly added, "I'm going to get horses."

                Sirus gave him a good glare, then left.  He started heading off again, when a sift whisper stopped him.

                "Lestat…"

                He turned and went back to Luna's side, pushing her back down to the ground gently.

                "I'll return, soon, I swear."

                A fear lurked in her eyes.

                "They'll�""

                "They won't do a thing," he said seriously, looking her close in the eye. 

                Their faces were only one wrong�"or right�"move away from a kiss.  He let his lips brush hers gently and then he vanished to get the horses.  When he returned, he was a bit more distant than he usually was.  Seeing her sitting up on the ground, waiting, he bit out,

                "I told you to stay lying down."

                "No you didn't."

                "Well it was implied, seeing how I pushed you down when you were trying to get up the first time."

                "Oh really, was it now?  And just what was implied when you kissed me, hmm?" she asked in an equally biting tone.

                He glared down at her, a look that slowly faded into compassion.  He knelt on one knee and scooped her up from the ground, cradling her like he had in the sky. 

                "I'm sorry," he said softly.

                Her gaze narrowed into slits; clearly, she didn't trust him.

                "If you're getting ideas, you can forget them now.  Vivitus has no favor on me."

                She almost seemed…disappointed, the way she said it.  Or perhaps bitter, or sad. 

                "Don't worry, I've got plenty for us both.  And by the way, you're half human.  With that, I think that's enough to start a twinge of romance between us, don't you think?"

                He winked at her as he asked, but he wasn't sure why.  She gaped at him, open-mouthed.  Suddenly, he felt very awkward just standing here, cradling her, talking to her in a soft voice.  This was why it made him sick.  He was falling for her, hard and fast.   He helped her onto the horse and then mounted his own, and they set off at a slow trot.  He didn't bother hiding the fact that he was watching her the whole time.  A few miles into the journey, he turned in his saddle to simply stare.  Luna did a good job of keeping her eyes elsewhere, for the most part, but when he did that she could only stare back.  As they approached the outskirts of Ossirriion, he slowed and pulled his horse beside hers.  With a single hand on both of the reigns, he stopped the horses.  His other hand slipped to the small of her back, and he leaned over and kissed her deeply.  When he found the sense to pull away, he looked into her eyes for a long time.  There was no denying Vivitus had a heavy hand here.

                "I'm sorry," he whispered.

                "I'm not sure Vivitus takes kindly to mixed breeds," she whispered softly, a hardness in her voice.

                Lestat met her eyes and held them for a long time.  He dismounted and jerked his horse forward, then apologized by rubbing its neck gently.  Luna was about to slide off her saddle, and he said,

                "Don't dismount until we get there.  You still need the rest."

                She centered herself and nodded with a glare.  All this happened without him once turning around, even though Luna was behind him.  Vivitus must be heightening something…perhaps I'll have eyes for only her.

© 2011 kyrie


Author's Note

kyrie
Honest opinion on rhetoric and content is appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am with willow, You have taken a genre, I am really not into, and made it enjoyable to read. That takes alot of talent, and a remarkable vision. Thank you for sharing 100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is great. You're really an awesome writer Kyrie. I really enjoyed it, and I don't even like vampires much. Amazing job. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


*****Correction: "Where do you think you're going, you man?!" ****

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2011
Last Updated on February 4, 2011

Author

kyrie
kyrie

About
Heya there :D My name is Kyrie (KEAR-ee-ay), but call me Ky. I had an account on here, but it got all messed up, and so I have this one now. I love to laugh and enjoy people. I'm a bit of an ecce.. more..

Writing
The Duel The Duel

A Poem by kyrie


The Glass The Glass

A Poem by kyrie


Feeling Lonely Feeling Lonely

A Story by kyrie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..