Drifting

Drifting

A Poem by Dewella~Vintella

From my nightmares again I wake, with heaving sighs from lungs that quake. The morning brings sedative sadness, and to my daydreams I escape the madness.
Breath in resolve, breath in again. Inhale strength and shake my skin. Exhale fear, exhale pain, remove the fire that burns in vain. But water rushed and lungs contort, I gasped before the air runs short.
And into darkness I drift away, into numbness my soul does fray



© 2020 Dewella~Vintella


Author's Note

Dewella~Vintella
I can't tell if this is complete but it's all I was able to conjure at the moment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It feels complete to me, the stanzas enclosed in the paragraph sum to an even number. The story has a beginning, a middle and an end. Yep, complete to me.

Posted 1 Year Ago


some works just have a life of their own...so how do YOU feel now?

Posted 3 Years Ago


there's still so much to read; to know & to be more curious about 'Drifting'. i would ev'n love to read more if you choose to write on.. it again, though sometimes it's good to write something short that whatever comes in our head to get further transformed into words...

looking forward to readin' your work!

Posted 3 Years Ago


Yup I like this, it has great merit and emotion described. There is a danger in rhyming poetry as sometimes we try to let the rhyme dictate so just be aware. The final rhyme might benefit from thinking about otherwise this is very readable.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I think you have great bones for a poem here! It is a great concept that needs expansion. Great start!

Posted 3 Years Ago


It doesn't feel complete.



Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2020
Last Updated on May 27, 2020

Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


The End The End

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..