David's life

David's life

A Story by Violet Batt
"

Have you ever wondered where Violet's friends went while she was sleeping? Or how David knew how to get to them? David will answer all these mysteries in this story.

"

David’s Life Beware of the golden bat!

Chapter 1

My name is David. This book is about me when I was 12-22 years old. Okay I was in seventh grade, I had long yellow tanish hair that sometimes appeared to be gold. I was sort of tall and I wore black pants and shirt. My eye color was a glistening blue. My favorite animal was a bat. My best friend is a 5th grader named Violet, who has violet red hair. I also wear black shoes. My hair style never changes from its normal hay stack looking style. My ears are like perfect semi-circles. And my smile was so nice I never had to worry about not being ready for a picture. And also I should tell you I would look good in a cape. My singing voice is lovely and my sense of humor was big, I could make a joke about anything. My teeth are perfect and straight. I bet no one could hate me like this.

Chapter 2

It’s a regular afternoon. I got my camera out and ready to go into the forests where there should be bats around. As soon as it’s dark I spot the most unusual bat ever. It was medium sized with blue hair and green eyes. No it can’t be! No books ever mentioned colorful bats except the fiction book I read about vampires, but vampires don’t exist, do they? She lands, watching me. I step closer, a bit too close I guess, because the bat came down and bit me in the neck. “Owww!” I scream trying to get her off, but it was too late, I fell over and everything goes dark.

Chapter 3 a few weeks later

I wake up upside down to see Cristafur screaming at me. Wait Violet’s there too; maybe I can turn them into vampires so we can still be friends. I fly down super quick and grab Cristafur first. While I’m trying to do what vampires do best, Violet, my main target, who was holding a pencil and note book, tries to save him. That’s when I get lucky and drink everyone’s blood. Afterwards I feel guilty and I’m full of blood which makes it hard to fly. In other words I’m a fat bat. So instead of flying, I ‘run’ behind a tree. (More like jogging then running.)

Chapter 4 9 years latter

I wake up from my nap to see that everyone except Violet were awake. I disguise myself as a brown bat by covering myself in mud. Then I teach the others how to fly like a bat. Off I lead them away from Violet so that when she wakes up I will be the first thing she sees, but man was there blood good. Maybe I can convince Violet to love me. Still I wonder why they take so long to come back to life, especially Violet. I am dying to hear her voice again. I go to sleep again behind a tree.

  Chapter 5 1 year later

Violet’s awake so I follow her. She goes to the empty campsite and trips over the cape I made her, oops. Then she tried to fly, it was hilarious. I walked up behind her and said, “Boo!” She says, “Oh my gosh you almost scared the poop out of me.” She turns around, I tell her, “Actually it’s called guano and I will teach you how to fly.” We went to practice and I couldn’t stop myself from laughing, she was flapping and falling on her face. She finally got the hang of it at the end.

Chapter 6

Violet said she needed to find her friends. Of course I knew where they were because I hid them. I told Violet that my name was David. Then I turned into a human to prove it and guess what? She fainted! So I turn around and wait for her to wake back up. She did, she woke back up and was staring at me as if she couldn’t believe it was actually me. She turns into a human and asks if I remember her. I tell her, “Of course I recognize you Violet.” Then we turn back into bats and I lead her to where her friends are.

Chapter 7

Before we go much farther we inter a cave. This is because the sun was rising and no one likes burnt bats. Violet was talking about how she was worried about Cristafur. I was tiered so I flew up and rested upside down from the ceiling. Violet tried to do that to, but she didn’t do it right and fell. O n her next try she made it up. She grumbled about how her neck hurt. And then we slept nicely through the whole day.

Chapter 8

 I woke up when the sunset. I told Violet I would call her friends, now, you see, it’s different then regular bats which use their voices to find food, instead we use words to speak to each other over long distances. Still we call it echolocation, pretty handy tool. Cristafur’s message was, “Help me! Who are you?” So I told him that my name was David and I am trying to find him. And, of course I knew where they were so I took Violet there. Cristafur looked at me funny when we got there, hopefully he doesn’t recognize me. Cristafur tells us where the others are and Violet and I turn into humans and join the others, also to keep someone as smart as Boston from figuring me out.

Chapter 9

When we got there, Boston looked at me. Uh oh, he’s suspicious. Then Boston said, “Who are you?” I just said, “Just one of Violet’s friends.” I forget my cover and turn into a bat. Shoot he found me! He said, “Wait you’re the bat who killed us!” I said, “I only wanted a friend again.” Everyone flies away except Violet. She said, “Since when did you need to kill someone to become there friend?” I get upset by that. After all I have done for her, she hates me? My ears go down and I fly away.

Chapter 10

While I am gone I travel to a beautiful part of the forest that has a waterfall, stream, cave, wild violets that are always abloom, plenty of bugs and fruit trees. It was very pleasant; I stayed there for a while. Eventually Violet remembered how to call. She said, “David, where are you?” I said, “Why do you care where I am?” She said, “I still love you!” I said, “Why?” She said, “You’re the only one for me.” After that I went off to find Violet. I appear near Violet and kiss her. And guess what? She faints again! What do I do? I wondered.

Chapter 11

I stood off to the side because I didn’t want to get in Ashely’s way while she asks her questions. She said, “Are you all right? What did that guy do to you?” At that question I was offended. “Are you dead? Did he drink your blood?” Okay, that question was just stupid. Violet answers, “Hey, slow down, I’m okay, he didn’t hurt me. I’m already dead, he has already drunk my blood, but I just fainted. Where is he?” Wow she actually answered all the questions. Ashely replied, “Oh, he’s over here waiting.” Violet says to me, “David, why did you do that?” I say one word, “Love.” I smile at her. Her brother comes over and gives me a black eye. “Oww!” I yelped. He says, “Don’t hurt my sister.” I try to tell him I didn’t, but he leads me away to be punished.

Chapter 12

Violet tags along to help me. She explains what actually happened. Voice said, “Aren’t you too young for that stuff.” She said, “I’m twenty, so basically I am an adult.” Voice said, “Oh, I forgot we’re not ten anymore.” He says he’s sorry to me and I forgive him. I left with Violet to show her Violet Valley from the waterfall. She really liked it, but the sun started to rise again so I took her back to the cave. Finally she lands upside down perfectly. I rest on one side of her, but she lets Cristafur lay on the other side. For what reason, I didn’t know.

Chapter 13

The next night I take Violet back to Violet Valley. Tonight the stars were glistening and the moon was full. I was thinking she’s totally mine now. I sang her the song I made for her called fly like a bat. And as you know my singing voice is like magic. I grab her hand gently and say, “Will you marry me?’ She faints again luckily I was quick enough to catch her this time.

Chapter 14

She wakes back up in my arms and we kissed. Then she said, “Yes, I will marry you.” Then Becky comes and says, “Eww, don’t do that!” And flew away. Violet and I hugged and stayed like that for a whole minute. Then the others came and saw us. “Why?” asked Austie. Violet and I answered together one word, “Love.” Violet said, “It was love at first sight. It was like we were made for eachother. Now was our chance to get married.

Chapter 15

Then we all flew away because the people from Sunny Ville knew we were here. “What do we do?” Asked Cristafur, his eyes wide. Then Violet said, “We must move, we are not wanted here.” “Where will we live?” Asked Ashely hugging onto Austie. Violet said, “I don’t know, but we can’t stay here, we could be killed.” Boston said, “Wait I thought we were already dead.” Violet said, “So.” Boston shut his mouth and we got what we had and moved.

Chapter 16

Then I said, “Follow me I know the perfect place it’s called Violet Valley.” Then Violet said, “Wow, is it pretty?” I said, “Yep, it has a patch of wild violets, and a refreshing water fall and stream and also food.” Violet said, “What kind of food?’’ I answered her by saying, “Fresh fruit and insects. They have a big orchard and lots of bugs.” Violet said, “Okay, fruit good, bugs, nasty!” I said, “Well, bugs are good for bats.” Violet said, “Okay.” And we flew off to Violet Valley.

And that’s my side of the Appsalootly batty story. Make sure you read book 8 A vampire’s wish.

The end

© 2013 Violet Batt


Author's Note

Violet Batt
Ignore grammar problems, Please comment, Like this book Ifyou like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on June 16, 2013
Last Updated on June 16, 2013
Tags: Vampires, Bats, Batty, Funny, Capes, Fangs, Before, After, Fiction, Short story