Chapter Two: The Perfect Plan

Chapter Two: The Perfect Plan

A Chapter by VioletValkyrie

A/N: So the first two chapters are being uploaded here on the same night, the reason being I want to get both out there so I at least have something for anyone who's found me to follow. Just a heads up that you won't be seeing these two separate author's notes after the first three chapters. It's just that I've already written the ones for FF.net and want to say the same things here.


FF.net A/N: I'm really happy with myself that I got this chapter done really quickly, I actually have a large page of notes that I planned to be this chapter, but after writing about 1200 words just out of the first 46 in that page, I think what I actually planned to be "Chapter Two" will probably end up being something crazy like "Chapters Two to Five", which will all take place in the same day (if you're concerned about putting a timestamp on things.)

I'm so happy you guys enjoy this, we've gone up to 12 follows and 8 faves in just four days, that's incredible to me, almost as much as my White Rose fic, which has been up for over a month now! Hopefully you'll continue to love what I continue to write just as much!

I think I just got lucky in terms of schoolwork, it doesn't seem to be affecting my amount of time I have to write at all, sleep is really just the biggest hindrance on time as far as I'm aware.

That will hopefully mean more frequent updates, which means less sadness and more Bumblebee! Hooray!~

Enjoy!


Chapter Two: The Perfect Plan


It was an interesting week for Blake. She got comfortable in her new classes, started talking to people, and even had a couple short chats with that white-haired girl she saw sometimes. Turns out her name was Weiss. Blake applauded herself for going out of her way to talk to people, she wasn’t very social at her old school and smiled at the fact that she was starting to talk to others. But for Blake, starting to work with her new partner was the most interesting part of her week.

 

It would always be the same, she’d walk in early, fill out some homework or read a few pages of her book, the bell would ring, students filed in, and she’d wait another ten minutes for Yang.

 

She didn’t expect anything to be different on Friday, though.

 

Blake looked up from her book at the clock. She smiled, knowing Yang would walk in any second now, and returned to her pages. So, she waited. And waited. And waited some more.

Something’s not right, she thought after five minutes. Yang’s late, but she’s never this late. Is she even coming to class today? She sighed and went back to her book, knowing she couldn’t begin with her partner, but her heart slowly filling with worry.

 

And that’s when she heard the loud slam of a door, and looked up to see a sweaty, panting Yang, her face dirtied and her hands enveloped in gloves, walking to occupy the desk beside her.

 

“Good morning.” Blake began, as her partner took her seat. “What beat you up?”

 

Yang looked over at her partner, her face in disbelief and her forearm running across her forehead, clearing it of sweat. “What, are you kidding me?” She stopped to catch her breath. “No one beats the s**t outta Yang Xiao Long!”

 

Blake rolled her eyes, a smile forming on her face, as her eyes shifted back to the notes in her binder. “So, did you bring the materials we need?”

 

Yang shook her head, even though her partner wasn’t looking. “No, but I got a better plan.”

 

Blake raised her head and glared. “Yeah, and what’s this plan?”

 

Yang gulped, a shock of guilt passing through her. “Uhhh… well…” She composed herself rather quickly, either that or faked it incredibly well. “I was thinking we could head to my place after class. Trust me, it’s the perfect plan.”

 

Blake’s glare lifted as she raised an eyebrow. “And how’s-“

 

Yang cut her off. “Trust me, kitten. It’s perfect. So, you in or not?”

 

Blake sighed. She couldn’t win an argument with her. “Alright, fine. We’ll meet here after the last period.”

 

“Yes!” Yang’s fist shot into the air.

 

Blake laughed. “Alright, now that you’re here, we can actually get started.”

 

The two girls lowered their heads towards the black binder and wrote ideas, tossing suggestions to each other. Maybe Blake didn’t want to take this class at first, but now, things may just be different. The bell rang, and the two packed up their stuff, and waved each other goodbye, walking off to their next classes.

 

It looks like this week’s getting more interesting, Blake thought. Maybe I could get used to this.

 

 

“Anyways, that’s most of the story,” Weiss continued, as she exited the classroom with Blake. “I can tell you the rest tomorrow, if you’d like.”

 

Blake nodded. “Sure, I’d like that.”

 

Weiss smiled and waved, as the two separated from the hall outside their classroom, Blake heading to her locker to put her textbooks away before meeting Yang.

 

As she approached the locker, she set her bag down at her feet and spun the dial, repeating her combination to herself in her thoughts. Twice to the right, fifty-eight. Once to the left, twenty-three. Now spin right to-

 

“Hey Blake!”

 

She sighed as her train of thought was thrown off course, turning around to see that familiar short head of blonde hair, and its owner’s shirt collar, practically unbuttoned.

 

“Sun, I swear, if it weren’t for this school uniform you’d be practically walking around this place without a shirt, wouldn’t you?”

 

Sun laughed and shook his head. “No, it’s too cold for that. Maybe next month.”

 

Blake held back her laughter. She already encouraged one delinquent, she didn’t want to encourage another. Blocking Sun out, she began to spin the dial again. Twice to the right, fifty-eight. Once to the left, twenty-three. Now spin right to fourty-five, and… Blake pulled down, unlocking the padlock, and attempted to pull the locker open. It wouldn’t budge.

 

“-So, what do you say?”

 

Blake blinked, looking back at Sun. Clearly this was important, but she missed it trying to tone him out.

 

“I’m sorry, what did you ask me?”

 

Sun took a step forward, reaching his hand out to pull open Blake’s locker, eventually swinging it open. “I was wondering, since there’s a dance next month, you would want to go with me?”

 

Blake cringed at the word dance. She didn’t like social events before, and even though she was opening up now, she didn’t like them now. “Sorry Sun, don’t even think I’m going to this one.”

 

Sun looked at the girl in shock. “Whaddya mean? You have to go, it’ll be great! Here, what if-“

 

“Sun. I’m not going.” She put her last textbook in her locker and closed it, placing the lock back into its spot and closing it. “Look, I’ll catch up with you later, I have somewhere to be.” She grabbed her bag, slid it on, and walked off.

 

Sun eyed her for a while before finally turning around and heading off himself. What could be so good that she would miss a dance?

 

 

Blake opened the door to the woodworking classroom, eying one Yang Xiao Long, her body laid across the tops of two desks, her head hanging upside down from the side of the second, her large mess of blonde hair most likely right in her face.

 

Hearing the sound of the door opening made her quickly raise her head, looking up to see a very confused Blake looking back at her.

 

“And here I thought I was the late one.”

 

Blake chuckled as Yang rolled off the desks and onto her feet, walking over to the doorway.

 

“Sorry, I was being bothered by Sun.”

 

“Who?” Yang mumbled, almost stumbling, trying her best to recover from the blood rush to her head.

 

“I guess you don’t have classes with him, he’s the guy who never buttons up his shirt and asked me to the dance next month.”

 

Blake could’ve sworn she saw Yang’s face shift to a frown, but wasn’t sure if it was sincere or just her trying (and failing) to recover quickly.

 

“Oh. Well, what’d ya say?”

 

Blake placed her hand on Yang’s shoulder, attempting to keep her upright. “Well, I told him I wasn’t interesting because I wasn’t going.”

 

Yang shrugged. “Fair enough.” She adjusted her bag on the other shoulder. “Well, now that you’re here, should we get going?”

 

Blake nodded, and the two of them were on their way, Yang still trying to shake the dizziness, and Blake laughing at her efforts.



© 2017 VioletValkyrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on March 5, 2017
Last Updated on March 5, 2017
Tags: RWBY, Bumblebee, Bumbleby, Blake Belladonna, Yang Xiao Long


Author

VioletValkyrie
VioletValkyrie

Canada



About
[Working on a bio] more..

Writing
The Letter The Letter

A Chapter by VioletValkyrie