Watch Over You Chapter 10

Watch Over You Chapter 10

A Chapter by VirgoAvatar

Watch Over You Chapter 10




Joe's POV


The next morning I woke up around 11:00 AM, already beginning to smile. My plan for today was to go to see Nick. I don't really know why, but I can't seem to stop my thoughts of him. The whole weekend has pretty much been Nick this & Nick that & you know what ... its true, & yet still I want to see more of him. But now the question is how am I going to go over there? Naturally I'm going to have to call Hugo just to get directions to their house, but then what can I say to convince both of them to hang out with me again? Suddenly then I was broken from my thoughts by my cell ringing loudly near my bed. I grabbed it & raised an eyebrow, sighing already writing off the call as another one from my mom or dad. Then I saw the contact ID & it was Hugo Jonas' name. Right then & there, I was like: Yes!


Joe: *Answers* Hello?


Hugo: Morning, Joe its Hugo how are you?


Joe: Morning Hugo, I'm good just actually woke up. How about yourself?


Hugo: *Chuckles* Same here actually, I'm doing great. Hey listen, Nick & I were wondering if you like to hang again today?


Joe: You kidding, sure?! *I exclaimed unable to hide my excitement at the chance*


Hugo: Awesome. *Gives him the address*


Joe: Cool, I'll be there in a bit.


Hugo: And Joe?


Joe: Yeah?


Hugo: I'm making breakfast, so if you want you can eat with us.


Joe: Hugo, man you're-


Hugo: I know, I'm really awesome, thanks, see you soon then. *Ends the call*


I just gasped, wow what timing & luck. I should question all of this, like does he suspect anything for my feelings for his son? Or is he into ... nah, I wrote Hugo as off straight especially after how he told me about his wife. I mean don't get me wrong, he's great guy but its not him who I'm into, its Nick. I shrugged though, getting dressed & everything, quickly heading to the Jonas household. He didn't mention Nick, so I'm assuming he's awake too, but then I guess I'll just see soon enough. Less than ten minutes later I arrived at their house, as I parked my car. I eyed the place, it was medium-smallish, but indeed a nice fit for both Hugo & Nick. As I got out off my motorcycle after parking, I walked towards the front door & pushed the door bell which I could hear from outside sounding off that I was indeed now here. In that next second, Hugo (all dressed & ready to go) opened the door & smiled.


Joe: Hey.


Hugo: Hi Joe, come on it. I'm just about almost finished with breakfast.


Joe: *Enters on it with him as he closed the door behind me; inhales* Smells really good, need any help?


Hugo: *Goes back over towards the kitchen* Not with the meal or the plates, but there is actually something. Could you go wake Nick up please?


Joe: *Clears throat* You sure? *Pauses* Maybe I shouldn't?


Hugo: *Turns back to face him* Its fine I promise. He's always told me to wake if him if I didn't wake him when it got past 11:00 PM.


Joe: *Shrugs* Alright, which direction is his room?


Hugo: *Points* You'll find him in there. And you know I'm surprised he hasn't woken up already.


Joe: *Nods; chuckles* Well we all love to sleep in thats for sure.


Hugo: Isn't that the truth. *Agrees; turns back to finish the last of the cooking*


I turned myself to begin walking over towards Nick's room. Their house was really modern & definitely had a feel good design, I liked it already. In a matter of seconds I arrived at Nick's room & while the door was closed, I hesitated at first but then opened it up as quietly as I could. My eyes focused on his sleeping form & my smile returned instantly. He looked very peaceful, the thought of waking him started to make me feel a little guilty, but if I didn't he'd probably get woken up if not my me, by Hugo. So I exhaled & gently spoke his name. While he shifted a little & his eyes fluttered, I tried again.


Nick: Hmm? Dad five more minutes please.


Joe: *I chuckled to myself quietly*


Nick: *Sits up; rubbing my eyes* I smell breakfast. *Looks up finally; gasps* Jo ... Mr. Anderson?!


Joe: Yep, surprise & morning, might I add.


Nick: *Eyes widen so big; pinches myself*


Joe: *Watches him* Nope it isn't a dream, you dad asked me to wake you ... saying something about sleeping past 11.


Nick: *Looks at the clock; gasps again, fumbles out of the covers clumsily; blushing* U-um ...


Joe: *Gets the hint* We'll be out in the dining room. *Leaves shutting the behind me*


Holy shoot & I thought he looked adorable before ... but now he most certainly looked even more so in his PJ's, which were just black sweats & a grey t-shirt that was a little baggy, but God so perfect on him. Walking back towards Hugo I found him sitting at the table waiting for me.


Hugo: How'd it go?


Joe: He's awake now, he smelled your cooking. *Inhales* Oh my God.


Hugo: I figured he would, here Joe have a seat. What would you like to drink?


Joe: *Takes a seat* OJ please.


Hugo: Good choice. *Gets up to get the carton from the fridge; comes back over to the table giving it to him to pour* Here you go.


Joe: Thanks. *Opens up the cap; pours the liquid into my glass filling it to a good level for myself; sets it aside just in case either him or Nick would want some as well*


Hugo: No problem, so tell me Joe ... are you fan of John Mayer?


Joe: Yeah, definitely I've been following his music for awhile now.


Hugo: So have Nick & I & well we have tickets to go to his concert tonight, & we have a extra one & were wondering if you liked to join us?


Joe: Wow! *Grins* Thats so cool of you guys, my answer's definitely yes.


Hugo: Excellent.


I don't know why, but I'm not going to question anything, if anything I'm thankful for this day already. I can't believe it, they want me to come with them. I guess out of all the people they could've picked, they chose me. All I know, I'm even ten times more excited now.


Nick's POV


He. Was. In. My. Room! Okay, even though I'd pinched myself & he'd actually said it wasn't a dream, I still was shocked. My heart was beating wildly just locking eyes with him, that he was standing in my room. Immediately I summoned Ty.


Ty: Yes? *I smiled laying on his messed up bed*


Nick: Don't you yes me, buster. I know what you're up to.


Ty: Well good morning to you too, mister. Oh really? And exactly what am I up to?


Nick: Joe! *Whisper yells just in case* He was just here in my room, saying my name trying to wake me up.


Ty: That I saw, so what's the problem?


Nick: Dude, you sent him here didn't you?


Ty: Nope, actually that wasn't me. You can thank your dad for Joe's presence.


Nick: *Pacing in front of my bed* You influenced my dad though. You must've of heard his mentioning of inviting him to the John Mayer concert, my dad winning surprise tickets, & now him being invited to the house.


Ty: Relax yourself my little whirlwind, I can explain it all.


Nick: *Stops pacing & takes a breath; waits for him to continue with an explanation*


Ty: In all honesty, my friend I didn't influence your dad at all & I certainly didn't help him win those tickets. Everything thats happening is happening on its own.


Nick: You serious?


Ty: Completely, I promise you. I know it all seems like it was all me, but I can't take the credit for this one. Its all fate & may I say, I'm even amazed how its favored you & Joe coming together.


Nick: Huh. *Sits on the edge of my bed* But I guess I don't understand is all. *Eyes widen getting a thought* My dad isn't-


Ty: *Laughs* Oh, thats a good one Nick. You know your dad is straight, he's not gay or bi. He just really sees Joe as a friend, he thinks of him just like he does with Donie & his mom.


Nick: Thats relief, because if it were the other way ... things would be extremely awkward.


Ty: Oh yeah, indeed.


Nick: Okay, so I guess my next fear is that he's realized about my feelings for Joe.


Ty: I'm afraid Nick, that'll be answered after the concert tonight when you & Hugo return back home while Joe goes back to his home.


Nick: *Jumps up* Oh my God. *Freaking out*


Ty: Now, now, now, don't you worry yourself over this.


Nick: How can I not? Its way too soon for my dad to know, but I guess maybe I wasn't as secretive as I thought I was. Oh my God, this going to kill me for the rest of the day, Ty please just tell me now.


Ty: I'm sorry, its not my place to tell you. This time this matter is between your father & you.


Nick: But I can't handle this by myself. Its awkward & what if he's going to upset about it? What if he reports Joe? I would feel terrible if he was terminated or worse taken to jail. *Starts rambling*


Ty: Nick. *Puts my hands on his shoulders relaxing him*


Nick: *Quiets down; looks at him still fearing the worse*


Ty: Baby, you're gonna be alright.


Nick: *Wants to believe him, but on the other hand I just couldn't shake the incessant worry starting to build up*


Ty: *Kisses his cheek* Now ... I suggest you get your adorable-self dressed cause I believe before the concert, your dad has other surprises in store ... the good kind.


Nick: *Giggles* He's all about surprised these days.


Ty: Hmm, well then Nick what'cha waiting for?


Nick: *Rolls eyes playfully* I'm going.


Ty: Thatta boy, y'all have a fun time. *Winks; disappears leaving him*


Nick: Thanks. *I nodded & got dressed*


Okay, I don't know exactly what will happen after tonight, but I guess I'd better prepare myself. I may not know what will happen, but I do know that if anything I should be honest. Since I didn't know what my dad had in mind, I just decided on something causal as always & headed out to the living room finding my dad fully dressed & Joe too of course, sitting at the dining table just chatting. I shyly greeted them both, taking my seat between them.


Nick: Morning. *I smiled*


Hugo: Morning, Prince.


Nick: *Blushes red* Daadd.


Joe: *Grins wide* Its alright Nick, my dad use to call me nicknames too. You're actually lucky, your dad here is so much cooler with them.


Hugo: That right Joe, why don't you share what were yours?


Nick: *Oh God, dad come on*


Joe: Well mostly I was called by my middle name, Adam but other times it was mixture of "DJ Danger" & silly things like: Joe-ster, Joey, Jo-Jo.


Hugo: *Chuckles* Hah that's nothing compared to what mine were! They used to call me Huggable Hogo, & then cause my middle name is Carlo, they'd make fun it & charge it to Carla or Carly, but worse of all was definitely being called Hugo ... *Pauses; sighs* -Bear.


Nick: *Looks at him incredulously* Seriously, thats the worse one? I don't think its so bad, & all the others ones were just silly & seemed more joking-like.


Hugo: Thats because it not only caught along for my family & friends, it somehow got all over school. Buts not thats not the kicker, the jocks made a song specially just for the nickname.


Nick: *Understands then, but knowing my dad he always pulls through everything*


Joe: Whoa, talk about not cool man that sucks. So what'd you do?


Hugo: Oh, lets just say I let it all fade & eventually I got over it.


Joe: Thats good, personally if it were me I would probably did the same thing I mean just cause back in the day I was just shy one.


Hugo: You Joe?


Joe: Yeah, I know kind of the opposite of how I am now, but yeah its true.


Nick: *I couldn't really imagine him being like me, I guess I couldn't see it*


Hugo: I see, well honestly you seem like a great person.


Joe: Thanks, right back you & Nick here too.


Nick: *Smiles shyly* Thank you.


Hugo: *Smiles too; gestures to the food* Dig in guys.


Joe: Don't mind if I do.


Together we ate breakfast, talking here & there in between our bites & sips of OJ. I honesty didn't say too much for a number of reasons, but above all I guess the main one was that I was still nervous. I was trying my hardest not to be so shy, but at the same time I didn't want to rude by being so quiet. And on top of that, I was worried & concerned for just acting normal, like no big deal my history teacher's in my house just eating breakfast & hanging out with my dad & I. And when we started to clear the plates, I accidently tripped almost breaking the dishes but luckily my dad caught them. Did I mention he was really great reflexes? As for Joe, he helped me up which was sweet of him, but it still didn't make my embarrassment die down, not by a long shot. I was blushing & trying desperately to hide my face, but it was hard. And like a baby, I kind of thought of going back to my room to hide out, but I knew I had to buck up. I didn't want to have Joe thinking I was immature. Thats when Joe began bringing up his own clumsy moments & then so did dad. And just like that it all made me feel better. I soon felt silly for feeling so self conscious.


Hugo: *Finishes the dishes then* Alrighty, so who's ready for a little jam session?


Joe: *Grins* I'm up for that.


Nick: Me too. *Leads Joe over towards to our living room area* Be right back, I gotta get my guitar & dad's.


Hugo: Thanks, bud. *Sits down on the couch with Joe at the same time*


Joe: *Watches him go* You've got yourself a special one there, Hugo.


Hugo: That I do, I thank the heavens every single day for him.


Joe: Mm, he's a blessing no doubt about.


Hugo: In what ways?


Joe: Excuse me? *Momentarily stumbles not expecting him to say that*


Hugo: In what ways is he a blessing?


Joe: *Straight from the heart* He's very smart & wise for his age, musically already there he's just so talented way past professional, but most of all he seems like a genuine & humble young man.


Hugo: *Nods; satisfied with his answer* Thank you for saying that.


Joe: Not at all, he's really a great kid.


Nick: *Comes back in then with the two guitars, giving one to my dad & the other one to Joe; sits down on the opposite side of our other couch*


Joe: Thanks Nick, but I thought one of them was yours?


Nick: It is, but you can use it first & I'll watch.


Hugo: In that case we'll start off & as for you *Smiles at Nick* you can come in whenever you like. So Joe, what song should we start off with?


Nick: *Nods once at my dad*


Joe: I think I've got one in mind, *Begins playing*


Hugo: *Follows; recognizes the song*


I watched them for the longest time as they played together & like that I was swept away. Eventually I did join in singing with at first timidly, but then as I got more into it my voice grew stronger & more comfortable. They mostly strummed, but in time they joined in with me ... & it was undeniable it was like our voices blended together nicely. Many hours went by as we just lost ourselves & I couldn't be any happier. We all had our turns at solos & then duets & of course singing together as a trio. We just all had a good time, while we played many songs from pop, to rock, to r&b, to dad's favorite kind jazz, some country, & even a little reggae just for fun. After lunch at around 3:00 PM, we all took to the beach walking down the two blocks to it. While it was still hot, we just couldn't wait to get inside the water & cool off. And when we all reached the sand, we all quickly threw down our towels & took off our shirts, well except for me ... I didn't do so at first just because I got a good look at Joe's chest & with that I was left a blushing mess.


I had to remind myself not to stare to long & while I was able to pull away, I just couldn't get the sight out of my mind. Thankfully they reminded me that the race was still on & not wanting to be left out, I swallowed my nervousness away for the moment & took off my shirt & ran off after to them. It was cool of my dad to lend Joe some boardshorts & even better than they seemed to fit him just fine. Any who, as I ran towards then at the time I wasn't aware of they're little conversation going on between them when suddenly they both grabbed me lifting me from the wet sand into the air carrying me towards the water.


Nick: *Startled* D-ad?!


Hugo: *Holding him up by his back while Joe took his feet; smirks* What?


Nick: What do you mean "what?"


Joe: Hugo I think he wants an explanation.


Hugo: I think you're right, Joe. Well Nick we talked it over & since you were last, we thought you could use a little help getting wet first.


Joe: Thats right. *Walking with him holding up Nick's feet*


Nick: *Squirms a lot* You guys, come on I was just ...


Hugo: Being a slow poke & note I don't mean the Pokemon.


Joe: *Chuckles*


Nick: *Blushes a lot* Dad!


Hugo: *Turns my head back to Joe* He's a big fan of it.


Nick: Dad! *Says again*


Joe: Its cool, its a cute show.


Nick: *Cute? That right there just caused me to blush harder*


Hugo: *Beginning to get a little deeper into the waves, lowers Nick teasingly closer to the water*


Nick: Okay, okay, just throw me in already! *I exclaimed*


Joe: What do you think? *Questions to Hugo*


Hugo: I think, we're not done yet come on. *Continues*


Joe: Right. *Follows*


Nick: Dad!!


Hugo: Yes buddy? *Turns to look at him*


Nick: *Smirks a little* Wave! *Points past him seeing a hugest wave coming towards all three of us*


Joe: *Lets Nick's feet go; tries to get closer to the wave whooping happily*


Nick: *Is he crazy?*


Hugo: *Also lets go of Nick letting him plop into the water* Dive!


Nick: *Just in time I dived with him, going down to the sand to avoid the wave's tumble cycle coming back up for breath. Looking around I found my dad laughing & Joe too. Thats when I just shook my head, just giggling a little*


Joe: *Swims back over to them; shrugs* Sorry guys, the wave a calls.


Hugo: *Continues to laugh* No worries, I see where you get your nickname now.


Joe: Can you blame me? Its hot out & I live for the thrill of chilling in the ocean!


Nick: *Just floats for the time being letting them dive back down again*


Hugo: *Bumps Nick then*


Nick: *Looks at the source* Hey!


Hugo: *Lifts him up effortlessly & throws into the water*


Nick: *Quickly holds my breath entering under the saltwater again; comes back up fast gasping loudly*


Joe: *Watching them play back & forth for the moment*


Hugo: *Whispers into Nick's ear*


Nick: *Listens; nods diving under the water to swim over towards Joe*


Hugo: *Does the same*


Joe: *Blinks wondering what they're up too. Then just like that my ankles were grabbed by small hands & then Hugo rose up out of the water lightly pushing me back to fall as Nick let go of me; comes back up seconds later* Cheaters!


Hugo: Actually we like to think of it as teamwork really.


Nick: *Smiles guilty* Sorry.


Joe: Hey, its cool cause guess what?


Nick: What? *Wondering where this'll go*


Joe: *Points my right thumb to the wave behind us*


Nick: Yikes! *Rushes to run from it*


Joe: *Again dives right into it*


Hugo: *Shrugs just diving too*


Nick: *I managed to divert the wave for now, but now I was back towards the shore laughing a little. While the waves weren't that big, they sure were a little rough. But still we all seemed to not care & kept charging back in, well at least my dad & Joe*


Joe: Hey next time we should bring some surfboards, you both game?


Hugo: Certainly, sounds good.


Nick: Sure, why not. Hey why don't we play a little football? *Suggests*


Hugo: Okay. *Nods*


Joe: Awesome!


Back on shore we started our game running around & doing a little tackling, but by 30 minutes of it we were all overheated again so we called it quits & headed back to the water & spent more time swimming, diving & pretty much playing. Shortly it was like 6:00 PM & we had about an hour to the concert. So with that we grabbed our stuff & headed back to the house. Once back home, Joe took a shower using my dad's bathroom, & I used my own. In no time we both finished & got redressed & dad was the last to shower leaving Joe & I alone together for the time being.


Joe: *Still drying off my hair with a towel* This had been a sweet day.


Nick: It has & its only going to get better now with the concert.


Joe: Excited a lot, huh?


Nick: Very & yourself?


Joe: So excited, its John Mayer after, I mean come on.


Nick: Yeah.


Joe: Hey I got an idea, why don't you sing your favorite song.


Nick: *Blushes* Okay. *I smiled shyly; picks up my guitar I'd left by the couch beginning to play for him & sing; strums playing the opening cords for the acoustic version of the song. Its one I've always loved & its a another feel song*


"Welcome to the real world", she said to me

Condescendingly

Take a seat

Take your life

Plot it out in black and white

Well I never lived the dreams of the prom kings

And the drama queens

I'd like to think the best of me

Is still hiding

Up my sleeve


They love to tell you

Stay inside the lines

That something's better

On the other side


I wanna run through the halls of my high school

I wanna scream at the

Top of my lungs

I just found out there's no such thing as the real world

just a lie you've got to rise above


So the good boys and girls take the so called right track

Faded white hats

Grabbing credits

Maybe transfers

They read all the books but they can't find the answers

And all of our parents

They're getting older

I wonder if they've wished for anything better

While in their memories

Tiny tragedies


They love to tell you

Stay inside the lines

But something's better

On the other side


I wanna run through the halls of my high school

I wanna scream at the

Top of my lungs

I just found out there's no such thing as the real world

Just a lie you got to rise above


I am invincible

I am invincible

I am invincible

As long as I'm alive


I wanna run through the halls of my high school

I wanna scream at the

Top of my lungs

I just found out there's no such thing as the real world

Just a lie you've got to rise above


I just can't wait til my 10 year reunion

I'm gonna bust down the double doors

And when I stand on these tables before you

You will know what all this time was for


Joe: *He strummed even better than Mayer, he sang it out & I was enjoying every second of it. I knew the song very well, but now hearing Nick's version I knew this one was my going to be my new favorite above all. I mean I got chills, especially when he sang "I am I am invincible" three times, that & all of the rest of it was such sweet music to my ears; claps when he had finished*

Awesome rendition. 


Nick: Thanks. *Sets down my guitar down; blushing lightly* What about you, will you play me your favorite?


Joe: Sure may I? *Gestures to his guitar*


Nick: *Nods watching him stand up to pick it up*


Joe: *Sits back down comfortably to start playing the song for him. Although there was another one I'd rather have sung to him, it just wouldn't have been  appropriate so instead I choose one I still loved just as much*


She's a good girl, loves her mama

Loves Jesus and America too

She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis

Loves horses and her boyfriend too, yeah yeah


And it's a long day livin' in Reseda

There's a freeway runnin' through the yard

I'm a bad boy 'cause I don't even miss her

I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart


And I'm free, free fallin', fallin’

And I'm free, free fallin', fallin’


All the vampires walkin' through the valley

They move west down Ventura Boulevard

And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows

And the good girls are home with broken hearts


And I’m free, free fallin', fallin’

Now I’m free, free fallin', fallin’


Free fallin', now I'm free fallin’

Now I'm free fallin’, now I'm free fallin’

Now I'm free fallin’, now I'm free fallin’

Now I'm free fallin’, now I'm free fallin’


I wanna glide down over Mulholland

I wanna write her, her name in the sky

I'm wanna free fall out into nothin'

Oh, I’m gonna leave this, this world for a while


Now I’m free, free fallin', fallin’

Now I’m free, free fallin', fallin’

Now I’m free, free fallin', fallin’

Now I’m free, free fallin', fallin’


Free fallin’, fallin’

Free fallin’, fallin’

Free fallin’, fallin’


Nick: *I knew this one too well, while some of the lyrics are funny & strange, the main chorus is so amazing. I just mouthed the words as he sang & strummed. Joe hit some sweet notes that sent my heart into a frenzy & as he sang it felt like I was soaring. I was mainly stuck on his voice, how he can be so soft & then next just crescendo beautifully. Oh & when he sang "I'm a bad boy" I swear I got a tingly sensation creeping up my back. I don't know how he does it, but it feels like I'm paralyzed but in a good way*


Hugo's POV


Just as I finished up getting dressed & ready for the concert, I walked out of my room finding them sitting on the couch. I watched them at first for the longest time, listening to their conversation & of course each of their favorite songs they had decided to play & strum on Nick's guitar, taking turns. Of course with Nick's, I enjoying hearing him sing on his own, thats my boy I thought. Then when Joe started singing his favorite choice of song, I nodded feeling it from him. I could tell he was into the song. And when he finished singing, I smiled as they exchanged a high-five with each other. Thats when I walked over to them, patting both of their shoulders.


Hugo: Ready to go? *I asked them*


Joe: *Puts down Nick's guitar; stands up* You bet.


Nick: You, kidding me? Yes! *Nods vigorously*


Hugo: *Laughs; begins to walk with them towards the front door*


Joe: *Grins walking with them behind Nick*


Nick: *As my dad locked up then, we got into his car. Secretly I wish I could rode on the back of Joe's motorcycle, but unfortunately I just had to face facts that ... that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Still though, we were all going to a concert together, which I just knew was going to be awesome. It was then I prompted ...* So where's the venue?


Hugo: Its not too far, its at the Sprint Wireless Amphitheater.


Joe: Very nice.


Nick: Definitely.


Hugo: *Nods telling Joe* Nick & I prefer them over concert halls which can't get a little stuffy at times, you know?


Joe: No worries, I'm the same way. Plus its way cooler outside, you got the open sky, sometimes a breeze, the moon up above, & a rocking band & artist, what more could you asked for?


Hugo: Hmm, maybe earplugs in case for those screamer fans?


Joe: *Laughs at his joke* Its all apart of the experience, with the whole being able not to hear afterwards, same goes for when you're singing along to every word & screaming too, your voice will get hoarse.


Nick: Yeah, exactly who doesn't want that after everything? *Just laughs*


Hugo: Is that right? Well then I best prepare myself.


Joe: Don't sweat it, you get used to it.


Hugo: That so?


Joe: Yep.


Nick: *Bursts into a fit of giggles*


Hugo: *Chuckles along with him*


Joe: Did I miss something?


Nick: *Stops giggling for a bit to tell him* He's just kidding around.


Joe: I knew that.


Hugo: Yeah, sure man. *Teases him*


Joe: *Shrugs; just laughs with them*


About twenty minutes later we arrived at the parking lot, & while it took some time to actually park the car, we still got it done in a good amount of time. When we got out we all walked to the entrance with many others trailing on practically all sides of us, people of all ages it seemed. We all headed towards the same destination, eventually getting pass presenting our tickets & onto a small walk in direction that would lead us to our seats. On the way there were many small booths, that we checked out. While some were food stands & t-shirt/fan merchandise stands, there were others promoting chances to win a free car & other things like a chance to spend the day with John Mayer personally. Eventually we by passed it all & found our seats which was as close as we were going to get. While Joe just whooped & clapped, Nick eyes were bugged up ... yep he was definitely speechless & as for myself ... I was equally surprised & thrilled.


Nick: *Finally speaks after some time* I can't believe we here right now.


Hugo: *Hugs his shoulders* Well you better believe it, buddy just look behind you.


Nick: *Does so; gasps seeing so many people behind our seats as it went all the way up to the lawn* Whoa. *Whispers*


Hugo: Yeah, thats for sure.


Joe: Yeah, you know someday pretty soon I feel that the two of you will have all that behind you following both of you in your future music careers.


Hugo: Heh, thanks, but you know that could easily be for you too.


Joe: I very much hope so.


Nick: *Adds in* And for our very concert, we'd all be standing on the stage together living the dream.


Hugo: *Chuckles* If anything my boy, you're going to be the one to become famous first.


Joe: Oh yeah. for sure, & we'll be your opening acts or something.


Nick: *Blushes* I don't know about that. *Bashfully smiles*


Hugo: Well I do & Joe here does too, right?


Joe: Oh absolutely, just wait & mark this day.


Nick: *Smiles* If you two say so.


Hugo: Oh we say so.


Joe: Mm-hmm, to the future Nick Jonas destined for sure stardom.


Hugo: Whoo! I'll second that. *Smiles brightly*


Nick: *About to say more when the opening act finished up their final performance, the lights dimmed then to complete darkness. And then just like that there was a singe spotlight in the middle of the stage. I squealed loudly even though I couldn't be heard among the sea of screams & cheers, I still lit up. Soon enough I was jumping up & down, & then he came out .... & the screaming got way louder like immediately & he waved smiling & starting to speak to us. We all watched him as he started up, already I was starting to sing along as I'm sure was everyone else in the crowd*


Goodbye cold, goodbye rain

Goodbye sorrow, goodbye shame

I'm headed out west with my headphones on

Boarded a flight with a song in the back of my soul

And no one knows


I just found out her ghost left town

The Queen of California is stepping down, down


Nick: *Nodding head; also tapped my right foot with the beat*


Hello beauty, hello strange

Hello wonder, what's your name?

Looking for the sun that Neil Young hung

After the gold rush of 1971


I just found out her ghost left town

The Queen of California is stepping down, down


Hugo: *Watching it begin was definitely awesome. Glancing at Nick & Joe, I could see them singing along. While I didn't know all of Mayer's songs, I knew some, but this was catchy & a nice way to kick things off*


If you see her say, "Hello"

Just don't tell me, "I told you so"

Joni wrote Blue in her house by the sea

I gotta believe there’s another color waiting on me

To set me free


I just found out her ghost left town

The Queen of California is stepping down, down

Get down


Joe: *I rocked along with him & my guys. I even air guitar-ed it picturing playing all those sweet chords. I could easily imagine Hugo on the piano doing his thing & then Nick taking center stage in Mayer's place, just killing it with his soulful voice way ahead of his years*


Nick: *He continued on & in between of his songs he took breaks to drink water, to wipe access sweat off, & of course to just ask how we're all doing tonight & such. Song after song, he just was a whole another level of awesomeness. Through the middle he sang one of my new favorites from "Born & Raised, this one I don't know why but I pictured something exactly like this ...*


Nick's Dreamland POV


John Mayer: Thank you guys so much, thank you. *Waits for the audience to quiet down* This next song I want to sing with you, but first I'm actually going to need some help with it. Would anyone be willing to volunteer? *Of course all hands went up on this one* Okay, wow lots of enthusiasm, I like that. *Starts to walk closer to the edge of the stage looking out of the sea of people* You. *He pointed*


Nick: *Points at myself & mouths "me?"*


John Mayer: Yes, you the one thats pointing to yourself, come on up. *Smiles*


Nick: *Gulps; nodding as I walked away from my seat & followed a security guard towards the stage going up the steps & stepping into the bright lights. Nervously & shyly I walked over to him as I was given a microphone of my own to speak into so he & everyone else could hear me. So .... this is what it feels like to be here & looking from his point of view ... gulps again ... man like how does one shakes the nerves?*


John Mayer: What's your name, kid?


Nick: *Looks up at him; swallows* Nick Jonas.


John Mayer: Nick Jonas. *He repeated*


Nick: *Nods; frozen*


John Mayer: *Sits down on a stool* Well Nick, would you to sing with me ... *Whispers into his ear the song choice*


Nick: *Eyes widen; nods rapidly* Sure.


John Mayer: Cool. *Speaks into the mike* Friends, fans, everyone ... please give it up for my special guest ... Nick Jonas. *Audience flips out cheering extra loudly, as the music began & he nodded at Nick to start singing*


Where as I love the song when he sings it & of course I know it throughly, here I was about to sing on stage with him like I'm actually a performer just like him. No practice, no rehearsal ... just a leap of faith taking a chance on a fourteen-year-old middle school student. But even so, this was a big moment & I couldn't afford to let him or his fans down, mostly I didn't want to let myself down. I can do this, I can sing with him. I may not be everything he is or even famous, but I can play this song with him & let go of everything ... just well ... sing & thats exactly what I did.


If I ever get around to living,

I'm gonna put my things away

In the drawers and in the closets

There I'll stay

Stay


I closed my eyes hearing the gentle melody play & sweep over me, & somehow it relaxed me. I forgot where I was, who I was with for a moment & just sang like it was just me in my room ... letting the song take me away.


If I ever get around to living,

It's gonna be just like I dreamed

I'm gonna take the love I'm given

And set it free

Free


If I ever get around to living,

I'll take the end of every day

Tie it up to every morning

And sail away

Away


Free, free


Maybe it's all a dream I'm having at seventeen

I don't have tattoos

And very soon, mother will be calling me

Saying, "Come upstairs, you've got some work to do"


When you gonna wise up, boy?

When you gonna wise up, boy?

When you gonna wise up, boy?

When you gonna wise up, boy?

You are hiding in your mind

Working all the time

Trying to make it better than you got it

And you've been spending all your time searching for a sign

That's never gonna look the way you want it

I think you better wise up, boy

I think you better wise up, boy

I think you better wise up, boy

I think you better wise up, boy

I think you better wise up, boy


And just like that the moment was over & so was the song, while the audience cheered & screamed with everything that they had, it all didn't seem to matter. I had just sang with everything that was inside me. I let it out & in the end, John Mayer was clapping along with the crowd. The feeling felt like something else I couldn't quite explain, that positive response was beyond tripled ... it felt like an accomplishment, better than anything I've ever felt. It was like I was finally free to sing & show the world who I was & even it felt scary at first, that feeling was long gone & replaced by utter joy & excitement that I just couldn't seem to contain.


Nick's POV


Back to reality, I just listened to the song & his performance, just smiling widely & naturally singing along to every word. Even though it all seemed like a farfetched thing, a young guy like myself can still dream. It's not even being famous, its just being heard & sending positive messages making connections with listeners, moving & inspiring them to follow their dreams & ambitions to be whatever they want to be. After the concert ended, it was sadly time to return home & also time to part ways with Joe. While we all had a really awesome time, it wasn't like I wasn't going to stop seeing Joe though it would be at school, I was looking forward to it & him of course hanging with us at lunch. This weekend & all of today has been so amazing, I wish it would never end, but school a calls. Back home, dad & I said our byes to Joe & he gave us both a hug & waved starting his own way back home. I smiled waving back as he left, inwardly sighing.


Hugo: Coming in?


Nick: *Turns back to face him; nods* Yeah. *Goes inside. We went our separate ways going for our showers taking care of getting cleansed up once again. When I finished after brushing my teeth, gargling & flossing I padded over to my room getting dressed & then once was done I wandered over to my bed & fell back against it sighing dreamily*


Hugo: *Comes in then* Hey, all clean I see. *I laid down next to him*


Nick: Mm-hmm, you too. Man what a day.


Hugo: It was all pretty fun, the concert was cool too.


Nick: It was. *I smiled*


Hugo: Well *Looks at the clock seeing it was still a good time so that Nick & I would have our eight hours of sleep before we get up to leave tomorrow* before I go I wanted to talk to you about something.


Nick: *Here it comes, the day had been so perfect & now comes the bad news part but for all I know I could be wrong; nods taking a breath* Sure, what's up?


Hugo: *Decides just to get to the point* I know you like Joe.


Nick: *Heart clenches, but still I tried to play it down* Yeah, he's a nice guy & you & him are beginning to become good friends.


Hugo: *Chuckles* Thats actually not what I mean & while I know that is true, what I do mean is that you have a crush on Joe.


Nick: *Oh boy, dang it; blushes; decides to stay silent looking away from him*


Hugo: Nick. *Rubs his head* Its okay, look at me please.


Nick: *Chances a look at him; afraid of what I'll see though*


Hugo: Oh Nick, you are growing up right before my eyes. 


Nick: Dad ...


Hugo: Its okay, I promise I'm not upset.


Nick: *Nods* I'm sorry.


Hugo: Don't be, its only natural to crush on a teacher.


Nick: *Blushes* Did you? *Asks him*


Hugo: Oh sure, but for me they were just crushes ... with you & Joe I'm seeing something else.


Nick: *Eyes widen; sits up lightning fast*


Hugo: *Chuckles* Well you two are not exactly very subtle at hiding it, but I've only been able to see it when you have been together.


Nick: W-what gave it away?


Hugo: *Props hand to sit up leaning my head on my right hand looking at him; smiles* Well while I thought your original topic of your flirting questions were about Donie or about someone new, but then as soon as Donie revealed his feelings for you & you told me what happened & how you felt about it, I knew that he wasn't the one. I know you well son, so when Joe came into the scene with us ... I just started to notice how your smile would brighten tens times over any smile I've ever seen from you, you lit right up seeing him. And of course I saw how you'd blush & retain you shyness, but above all I saw the chemistry while you two were singing together. I noticed it from him too, he thinks highly of you & feels you're special.


Nick: *Sighs softly; looks down* I-I'm sorry dad, I know its weird & wrong-


Hugo: Ah-ah-ah, its young love I understand it.


Nick: Y-you do?


Hugo: *Pulls him back to lay down to hug him* I do, I get what's it like to have feelings for someone who's older, mature & fun to be with. But I do want to make sure of something. *Pauses*


Nick: W-what's that? *Heart thumping loudly*


Hugo: Do you love him?


Nick: *Blushes madly; pants a little*


Hugo: Its alright if you do, you can tell me or if you don't want to I'm fine with it, its your decision.


Nick: *Looks at him; I have no choice I have to be honest with him; shakily says* I-I do.


Hugo: *Soothes him* I see.


Nick: *Holding back so many emotions*


Hugo: You want to know something?


Nick: What? *I whispered*


Hugo: *Reveals* Joe loves you too.


Nick: *Eyes widen* Dad please, don't joke not right now. *I begged him*


Hugo: I'm being serious, he does.


Nick: *Can't seem to believe what he's saying*  How do you know that?


Hugo: I can tell, just like your eyes gleam ... his smile is warm, its tender as he's trying to subtle. Remember the first day you came home after school & talked about him?


Nick: Yes. *So I'd given myself already just by that?*


Hugo: I suspected a little something then & there, but  I just kept it to myself, after all it is a new school year. And back when I met him, my first impression of him was that he was a decent guy, passionate & dedicated. And after a week of watching & hearing your thoughts about him, I decided to invite him to the zoo with us. Its there that I began to see how you two acted while it might be nothing to some, I saw it for what it was. I knew you were crushing on Joe & he was crushing on you. So finally to make sure I was absolutely sure I was right, I invited him over to spend the day with us & at last I made my confirmation.


Nick: *Gulps* S-so how do you feel about this?


Hugo: I think its rather endearing.


Nick: Really?


Hugo: Really, really.


Nick: Dad.


Hugo: I'm not teasing.


Nick: But-


Hugo: One thing though.


Nick: *Raises an eyebrow*


Hugo: You can't date him till you're eighteen.


Nick: *Chokes*


Hugo: *Pats his back*


Nick: *Breathes a bit easier* I don't understand what you're saying.


Hugo: I'm saying that you can together when you turn eighteen.


Nick: You're ... letting ... me  ... be ... with ... him?


Hugo: Correct.


Nick: Okay, did I miss something? Who are you & what have you done with my dad?


Hugo: *Chuckles; hugging* I kind of figured you be skeptical of my decision, but its the truth sweetheart.


Nick: I guess I don't get it.


Hugo: I know that but I do, I know love when I see it.


Nick: He doesn't-


Hugo: He does.


Nick: He's way older than me.


Hugo: One day that won't matter.


Nick: He's my history teacher.


Hugo: Only for this year & thats it.


Nick: He's not-


Hugo: Oh he is.


Nick: You can tell?


Hugo: Heh, after you & Donie, I think so.


Nick: Great. Okay, but he'll eventually find someone his own age I'm sure long before I turn eighteen.


Hugo: We'll see, but from what I know of Joe so far, he's seems to know exactly what he wants.


Nick: Have you talked to him about this?


Hugo: Nope, for right now this is just between you & me.


Nick: Are you going to tell him?


Hugo: No, cause I'm curious to see how this play out.


Nick: Dad? *I yawned*


Hugo: Yes?


Nick: This is crazy.


Hugo: *Smiles warmly at him; kisses his head* Love can be crazy.


Nick: *Whispers before falling out* No kidding.


Hugo: Goodnight, Prince. *Lays with him falling asleep*



© 2013 VirgoAvatar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That was a great (and Long) chapter. I knew his dad would be totally ok with Joe & Nick being in love. I like how Hugo set up all these events to watch them interact to make sure of their feelings. What will Joe say or do when he finds out Hugo & Nick know of his feelings? I can't wait for more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That was a great (and Long) chapter. I knew his dad would be totally ok with Joe & Nick being in love. I like how Hugo set up all these events to watch them interact to make sure of their feelings. What will Joe say or do when he finds out Hugo & Nick know of his feelings? I can't wait for more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

646 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 21, 2012
Last Updated on May 9, 2013
Tags: joick Jick Joeick Joe/Nick Nick


Author

VirgoAvatar
VirgoAvatar

About
List of all my stories: MCS - My Chocolate Stalker = Joick/Jick 1shot. Nick is a shy boy in college. Joe is single university student who has 2 jobs. What happens when Nick meets Joe for the 1st ti.. more..

Writing
Hummie Hummie

A Story by VirgoAvatar


Ghostly Ghostly

A Story by VirgoAvatar