What You Have Done

What You Have Done

A Poem by Victoria Papan
"

The pain of a girl who's mother abandoned her.

"
Go ahead and immerse yourself in your work
Make yourself feel human amongst the pain
Act as though nothing is wrong.

But deep inside you know the truth
It's burning pulsate, a constant reminder
Of what you did to me
You can't run or hide from this burning sensation
For it is nothing but the reality of your situation.

I wither in pain as my heart tears open
You leave nothing behind but desperation
And disappointment. 
Go, leave me now, don't drag this out any further
It's only a matter of time until it breaks me.

© 2011 Victoria Papan


Author's Note

Victoria Papan
This is the first thing I've ever written for public view, it's rough I know, but it's just meant to help get the pain out. I would love to hear your opinion of it, but please remember than I'm a beginner at this kind of thing. Oh, and please ignore and grammar mistakes and what not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh gosh. This sounds very familiar. A song that sings me home. I like your style. Very mature with such a soft sense of talent that vibrates it's core.

>Rïén Kelso

Posted 12 Years Ago


A powerful and sad poem. Hard to understand parent. My father escaped when I was young. I learn later why. I could feel the emotion of sadness and disappointment. Sometime we learn from other mistakes. I became a good father because of bad examples. Thank you for sharing your poetry. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


lots and lots of pent up anger in this one. you seem to show allot more resent for you mothers actions here than in your day to day life. i would suggest writing this poem several more times, and change the tone little and little into a forgiveness poem, forgiveness is the road to happiness little sis! :) but this is outstanding! i had no idea you where soo good at this! i am vury surprised!!!!
incredible imagery and tone, you are good at not confusing people on how you feel about a person no matter the relation. nice work hope to see much much much muchmuch more from you tor tor!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on September 8, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..