And The Worst Part Is

And The Worst Part Is

A Story by A. V. Madison

If I kill myself, can I still get into heaven?

This stress is beating down on me like rain. Its always in the back of my mind, knocking at my unconcious.

Why don’t I have the strength to just pick up the phone and totally spill out my guts, tell him how I really feel? Why? Because I’m a coward. My only fear is that I’m going to run into him again 10 years from now and have a fake conversation about the weather and the kids that he has and I don’t, and in the back of my mind I’m going to be jealous of his wife- and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it.

And he’s going to smile, and ask if I remember how ridiculous he acted during class, and I’m going to melt all over the sidewalk because, yeah, I do remember.

 I remember his shaggy hair and the way he’d just sit there like he has any reason to judge anyone because he does have the reason to judge someone because, Jesus Christ, he’s him. And he dated that girl I don’t like and it didn’t work out and inside I was trying to find that confidence I had 30 seconds ago and walk right up to him and ask him out or at least tell him how I really like him but, no. Because that’s for my diary’s ears not his.

And he’s going to glance around nervously like he does whenever he’s about to break off a conversation and I’m going to have the nerdy urge to reach out to his forearm and beg him never to go, and he’s still gonna go. Because that’s who I really am. And he’ll never see that. He’ll never see the girl that likes to jump on her friend’s shoulders at school dances and yell requests to the DJ at the top of my lungs. He’ll never see the girl that likes to daydream about kissing him in the rain outside my house or the girl that likes to ride rollercoasters at Six Flags. But he’ll never see that side of me.

 

Because when I get around him, I freeze. I don’t know what to do or say. He thinks I’m just another wannabe rocker. But I’m so much more than that! I hate he’ll never see it.

And then he’ll say he has a meeting to get to and I’m going to say that it was nice seeing him again even though it was so much more than nice and he’ll say bye and part of me will want to stop him and get his phone number but I don’t have the confidence to and he’ll walk away. He’ll walk away like he did a million times before. And I’ll cry into my pillow that night.

 

 

And there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it.

© 2012 A. V. Madison


Author's Note

A. V. Madison
Just me rambling about this guy I like in my class.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm only going to say : this is heartbreaking.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Let me first off say that unless you tell him yes you will live with regret... it is better to try and fail then to wonder what if? Also even if he only like you as a friend you have your whole life ahead of you and will find someone. I know it don't seem that way now but trust me. I have been through many a heartache. Who knows ten years down the road you will be the one happily married with kids and he will regret not taking a chance with you. All I am saying is it is not as bad as you think. Though I know how you feel cause i have been there before.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

Thanks.
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

You are welcome... you are young, go out and enjoy life and things will fall into place.
Great story girl! You pulled me in with the first line. You can really write. Sweetheart don't throw yourself at a boy. Just be avalable. The masculine aspect of the dynamic makes the moves on the muse and that's you. Understand?

Posted 11 Years Ago


A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

Thanks. As you can see, DatVirgo & Harley E have much stronger opinions (see below)
Baby Ricochet

11 Years Ago

I didn't say don't do anything. I just said be avalable. Doing nothing isn't avalable.
if nothing is ventured, nothing is gained. take the leap of faith. he is just like you....human. no better, no worse. its a level playing field. if you feel as strongly as you do about the kid. don't let time evaporate your chances. you have nothing to lose. if he says yes then things get real. if he says no...on to the next one. it won't be the end of the world and you'll get some closure. don't let the crush crush you though. no boy and i mean NO boy is worth your tears.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

You two need to shut up for awhile, okie dokie? I have a stomachache, and I'm going to go watch a mo.. read more
A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

Bye.
Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

We're just trying to help. Get better, laterz
Ten years from now you won't remember his name.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

I know :/
I love this. But honey?
JUST. ASK. HIM. If he says yes, you have a chance, if he says no, it wasn't meant to be and you can stop wasting your time that much faster. I know it's hard. Just do it.
Anyway. Awesome story! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

D:
Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

Wait... she's married and likes another :O that's why you don't want to tell him lol
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Lolololol totally why :P
Wow. Emotionally powerfull stuff. My advice (and its worked and failed for me (everyones diferent) at some point) is to first listen to REO Speedwagon "can't fight this feeling" then, TELL THEM DARN IT!!!!! You may lose and you may win, but we'll never be here again. Even if it doesn't work out at least you don't wonder 'what could have been'

Posted 11 Years Ago


Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

Oh yeah like I have the money to get into my gas guzzling truck and drive for who knows how long to .. read more
A. V. Madison

11 Years Ago

Neither is telling him.
Harley (arbiter)

11 Years Ago

Uh yeah it is, cuz if not you'll spend your days wondering what if.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2012
Last Updated on August 5, 2012

Author

A. V. Madison
A. V. Madison

Only a Kid, But Hard To Scare, CA



About
I'm Maddie. Clumsy. Short-tempered. Quite an oddball. Sort of silly. I make big plans then never do them. I have a fascination with tiny lights. I have atelophobia and OCD. I am the definition.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by A. V. Madison



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Care I Care

A Poem by Abbie