Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by WayaPrincess23

      I was in the woods again, but this time my heart was racing from fear. The smell of danger hung on every leaf and the wind was carrying the scent of danger towards me. My fur bristling and on edge, my paws pounded on the pact earth sounding like a drum being hit. Dirt stirred up by the wind stung my eyes, I saw a break in the trees ahead. I ran towards it expecting an open field surrounded by a mass of trees but what I found was far from what I wanted. I came to a stop at the edge of a cliff, my paws hitting some lose earth and it fell over the side falling down and down into the darkness below. I turned and saw the same black wolf that was in my home emerge from a bush in front of me. His ember eyes never leaving me as he sat on his hunches, regarding me with hidden intelligence. 

I took a step back and felt my hind paw touch nothing but air, I yelped and stared at the black wolf. It opened its mouth, showing bone white teeth. I was scared and frightened, every muscle willing me to run but I stayed put. That’s when a deep masculine voice came from the wolf, a voice I’d heard before but from where? “You don’t know who you are do you? You are not who you think you are!” The wolf rushed at me and I back peddled over the cliff, falling further and further into darkness. 

~~~~~~~

I screamed as I hit the ground, my legs still tangled in my sheets. I blinked and looked up at the ceiling, my heart pounding. My door opened and my mom rushed in, kneeling down beside me with a look of worry on her face. “Are you ok? I heard you scream!” I sat up, rubbing the back of my head. I looked around and didn’t see Baxter. 

“I’m ok, just a bad dream is all but where’s Baxter?” I asked her. 

“He’s outside doing his business. You didn’t hear him whining earlier?” She asked me, I shook my head. “If your really ok just make sure to dress warm ok? It’s starting to snow a little bit.” She stood up and put my phone on my nightstand. She was watching me as I rubbed my birthmark, it was throbbing like crazy. 

“Really mama, I’m ok. Thank you for telling me.” I stood up and walked over to my closet as she closed my door. I felt hot and my right arm was tight, I rubbed it hoping it’d go away so I wouldn’t be in pain all day. I pulled out a pair of my black skinny jeans, a brown turtle neck and some hiking boots. Then I heard my phone vibrate, I went over to it and unlocked it. There was a text from an unknown number, I click on the notification and gasped. 

You don’t know who you are do you?

-Unknown

I dropped my phone in surprise and it landed softly on my carpet. I couldn’t believe it, that was the same thing from my dream. I shook my head, it has to be my imagination. I left my phone where it dropped and went to my bathroom to change.

Twenty minutes later I emerged from my bathroom with my PJ’s in hand. I looked at my phone still laying on the floor in the same position. I walked over to it, throwing my PJ’s on my bed. I knelt down and picked it up, I had two new notifications. One from Russell and the other from the strange number. I decided to ignore the unknown texter and text Russell. 

Morning beautiful

          -Russell

Hey, where are you?

-wisteria

Traffic at my house, people don’t know how to drive.

-Russell

Alright, be careful. I’ll see you soon.

-Wisteria


After I finished texting Russell I decided to open the unknown number and read the text.

You are NOT who you think you are! Don’t you understand that?!

-Unknown

I gasped in horror and threw my phone onto my bed and stepped away from it, I put my hand to my mouth. ‘Just who is texting me? Why are they saying what the wolf said in my dream?’ My phone vibrated again, making me jump, I slowly made my way over to my bed. Scared to see what I might find. I grabbed it and slowly unlocked it, the new text scared more then ever. 

You better answer me! You’ll regret it if you don’t! Your like me Wisteria May Nightingale!

-Unknown

My eyes grew wide as I started at my name in the text. ‘This person knows me! Do they go to my school or are they just a crazy stalker?’ I started to text the unknown number but stopped. ‘Should I really answer this person?’ I asked myself as I bit my lip in confusion and fear. There was a knock at my door and I put my phone in my pocket just as my mom opened the door. 

“Hey ma! All dressed! See?” I said, trying to keep calm.

“Are you alright Wist? You have the deer in headlights look.” She told me, Crossing her arms over her chest. 

“Yeah! I’m fine! No worries here! Haha.” I laughed nervously as I ran a brush through my hair. 

“Are you really sure sweetie?” I nodded and put my brush back down onto my vanity. 

“Yeah Mama. I’m fine. Just had a weird dream last night, still half asleep.” I said, wishing she’d stop trying to pry. She didn’t move from the doorway. 

“What was the dream? Maybe I can help you understand it?” She asked me, a little to curious about the matter. 

“All I remember is the woods, that’s about it.” I told her, trying to keep myself from freaking out. 

“Maybe your missing the hikes we use to go on. Maybe this weekend you should take Baxter on a hike, that must be what the dream was about honey.” She said sighing in relief and turned to walk out of the room. “By the way, Make sure your ready soon. I know Russell usually shows up at around six thirty to get you.” She walked out of my room and I let out the breath I didn’t even realize I was holding in. 

‘Why did she wanna know about the dream. She sighed in relief too. What does the “dream” mean? Or was it not a dream after all?’ 



© 2019 WayaPrincess23


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on February 7, 2019
Last Updated on February 7, 2019
Tags: Werewolf, Fantasy, Dark, mystery, supernatural


Author

WayaPrincess23
WayaPrincess23

Birdsboro, PA



About
I love writing and i'm currently in college for Game design. Waya means wolf. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by WayaPrincess23