Chapter nine

Chapter nine

A Chapter by WayaPrincess23

      The snow was coming down heavy the morning I had to leave. I woke up on the floor of Benjamin’s living room remembering the events that had transpired the day before, I looked over on the couch to see Russell was gone. The house was silent when my phone rang, I reached over and looked at it. There was a text from my mom: Honey, I’m sorry about making you leave. I know you don’t want to, but you must. Your father and I love you so much, no matter how much we don’t get along most days you are still my daughter and I couldn’t have asked for a better gift in my life then you. Be safe and remember to always try and stay out of hunters sights. Be warm and take care. Your loving mother. Before I knew it, I was crying, bawling like a baby. 

      I pulled the blankets over my head and typed: Mommy, I don’t want to go. I want to stay with you and dad. Please don’t make me go. I want to protect you and dad with my life. Your the only mother and father I’ve ever known. Please please don’t make me go, I love you guys so so much and you will always be my real parents but I don’t want to leave you two alone with the Black Moon in town. I don’t want you to die too, I’m sorry I didn’t say this earlier. Come with me! They might have need for a nurse and a researcher like dad. Come with me mama and papa. Before I could delete it I pressed sent under two minutes my phone rang again. 

It was from my dad: We can’t my sweet baby girl. We’re not like you, we wish so much to come with but we have to stay here. To keep them off your scent. We won’t die so easily baby girl. We love you, now go get ready to leave. I held the phone to my chest and cried harder, hiccuping, every part of my body shaking from the sadness that rocked my body to it’s very core. I whipped at my nose with my sleeve and laid their crying, knowing I may never see them again and that hurt worse then knowing how my birth parents died. After awhile I sat up and rubbed my face with my sleeve, I knew I looked like a pufferfish but I didn’t care. I was leaving to protect them but who’s going to protect them in the long run. 

I opened the front door after washing my face to see Russell playing with Baxter in the snow. Seeing baxter happy felt like an arrow to my heart, he didn’t know that he’s coming with me because i’m leaving from Colorado for who knows how long. Baxter looked up and ran right to me, I knelt down as he jumped into my arms. I pressed my face into his fur as he wagged his tail in joy. “Baxter! Come here boy!” Russell called to Baxter, I stood up but he didn’t move an inch. I giggled despite the pain in my heart, I covered my mouth with my hand so Russell didn’t see my sad smile. 

“Ready to go you three?” I looked over and saw Benjamin putting luggage in the backseat of his truck. I looked at the suitcase he had in his hands and it was my forest green bag with all my stickers i’d gotten on my travels with my parents, I felt a chain go around my heart and I nodded. “Then put Baxter in the truck and let’s go.” I moved to Benjamin’s truck and opened the passenger side door. Baxter whimpered as I motioned for him to get in, I bit my lip to hold back the tears. 

“It’s ok Baxt. It’s just for a little while. Your going on a car ride! Isn’t that great?” I told him, kneeling down and ruffling his fur. He hopped into the truck without another protest. I shut the door and the look he gave me just destroyed me. It was a look that said “Aren’t you coming with me?” I nodded at him and walked over to the shed, knowing what I was heading into and not knowing what's to come for me and Russell with Benjamin’s pack. 

~~~~~~~~

My paws thudded against the snow, kicking it up behind me, Russell ran beside me. We could see the road and Benjamin’s truck but no one could see us. I usually feel free running through the woods, even in my dreams but today it was different. I was leaving my home and family behind. Russell didn’t even get to say goodbye to his mom and sisters, I wondered what my parents were going to tell them about the incident at the school. If they were going to tell his mom that he died in the school and couldn’t find his body along with mine.  I wondered how Rose will react to the news of us being gone and Andre. Russell was Andre’s best friend and his only friend, we still had five more months of school left before graduation. We had all planned to move in together and all go to the same college. Now that just seems like a long lost dream as the miles spread between me and the only home I’d ever known. 

~~~~~~

We had to stop to take breaks so baxter would potty and Benjamin could fuel gas. He would ask any of the people at the gas station if they could watch ‘his’ dog while he pumped gas. We made it to the rocky mountains in under two hours, next was our climb up and Benjamin’s drive. Lucky with us being wolves and Benjamin’s use of driving the roads up to the old ski resort where his pack now makes their home. I didn’t expect a welcoming commit for their alpha but we were greeted by no one, the place certainly looked abandoned. We waited in the tree line as Benjamin got out and called to the building. “Ho! May Winter Come for Dark Moon!” 

When a call came back I was surprised to hear it was a mass of about twenty five voices. “Ho! May Winter Come for Dark Moon!” That’s when the front doors opened and people rushed out to greet their Alpha. I saw kids that were younger then me and many men and women too. Benjamin waved us out of the trees and we made our way, still in wolf form up to the group. They all instantly became hostile, the kids screamed and hid behind their parents, the adults suddenly had knives in their hands.

“Whoa, whoa. It’s ok, their with me.” Benjamin told them, once he said that the kids instantly came to greet us. Some of them looked to be Tania and Rosey’s ages as well. I looked over at Russell and saw him looking at me, as if he knew what I was thinking even if I hadn’t said it. “Take them inside! Let them put on some clothes and then we’ll talk. A girl with sliver hair streaked with pink came over to me.

“My name is Liliana and I’ll be showing you to the woman changing room. Follow me.” She wasn’t friendly towards me at all, as a matter of fact she seemed almost, hostile. I looked up at the building and thought with sadness in my heart.

‘So this will be my new home huh?’ 



© 2019 WayaPrincess23


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on March 3, 2019
Last Updated on March 3, 2019


Author

WayaPrincess23
WayaPrincess23

Birdsboro, PA



About
I love writing and i'm currently in college for Game design. Waya means wolf. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by WayaPrincess23