Genies Story

Genies Story

A Chapter by Enigma

September 17th

 

            Laying awake a night wasn’t something I was fond of considering light was my safe heaven. I could see without thinking, and question without really knowing I was doing it. Whereas in the dark, there were endless possibilities… endless happenings that I didn’t know about, but probably wanted to know about. I started thinking about things I shouldn’t.

            Charlie rested beside my lower waist, curled around evenly she rested her head along my stomach finding my breathing soothing. I exhaled silently through my mouth, gripping a bottle of sleeping pills tight in my palm letting the drugs inside stir. I knew I was bound to have a panic attack if sleep didn’t take over soon, but I just wasn’t tired enough to let it happen.

            All I wanted was to talk to Genie.

            The last time she and I had talked, it was somewhere near my seventeenth birthday, when I was having a small get together with my family and a few close friends. Everyone was downstairs talking about the day’s events and their plans for my party, while Genie and I sat upstairs and talked about nothing in particular. She had a way of saying important words and sharing her most serious of thoughts, but I always took it as something unimportant. She didn’t mind.

            She was really just happy I actually listened.

            She had asked me to sing for her that day… I didn’t like to sing but I figured I’d give it a shot anyway because I had nothing to lose. It was just she and I. I rolled onto my feet and lightly shuffled across the room, grabbing my guitar. Taking a seat I cleared my throat and waited for her to finish her thought. She hadn’t said anything but for facial expressions gave it away; she had a special request for me this time.

            “Play… ‘Comin’ Home’ by City and Colour!” she exclaimed happily clapping her hands together. I smiled and started to let my fingers strum lightly across the strings.

                        I wish I could do better by you 'cause that's what you deserve
                  You sacrifice so much of your life In order for this to work

                  While I'm off chasing my own dreams sailing around the world
                  Please, know that I'm yours to keep my beautiful girl

                  When you cry a piece of my heart dies knowing that I

                  may have been the cause if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams
                  I think I might totally be lost you don't ask for no diamond rings
                  No delicate string of pearls that's why I wrote this song to sing
                  My beautiful girl . . .

      I hadn’t really know why she loved that so as much as she did but she would always make me sing it whenever she was having a bad day. Her lips would peel back into a bright smile full of nothing but secrets and untold lies… But I didn’t care. She was beautiful and that’s all I really cared about. I put my guitar down and gave me a more serious look, letting her fingers lock together.

      I stared at her awkwardly awaiting her speech. She slowly opened her lips and told me something I wasn’t supposed to know. She said it calmly hoping to give me more reassurance, saying “Everything is fine” and “I’ll be back as soon as possible.”

      She spoke, but I didn’t listen this time. She noticed and asked if I was alright. I started to breathe a bit heavier feeling my head start to ache with each word she said. I stood up quickly and stumbled over my chair, throwing myself towards the door. She called after me but I couldn’t stop. I managed to go down the stairs without falling, and run out the front door.

      I heard my mom call my name, and a few relatives scream after me. I flashed the a short glance and noticed Beck had been the one to chase after me. Unlucky enough he grabbed me and wrestled me to the ground, busting my lip in the process. He managed to get me under control long enough for me to start crying and shaking uncontrollably.

      “Hey! Hey! Calm down! Calm down you little s**t! What is wrong?” he snarled in my direction as I swung and nailed him in the jaw.

      “Get away from me! Get off of me! Get off!” I gasped, managing to throw him away from me. He hit the ground with a hard thud and I ran off.

* * *

      I rolled over, ignoring Charlies plea against my re-positioning. I gripped the pills and swallow nearly three of them hoping maybe I’d fall asleep. My nerves were getting worse and my hands trembled nearly as bad as my mind did. It was the second worse day of my life and I never wanted to relive it.

      I couldn’t deal with the stress thinking about her brought.

      I couldn’t think about the word she said and the way she acted when she said them. Because she ruined my life.


© 2013 Enigma


Author's Note

Enigma
Kinda short but... a good way to get back into writing this story. Ignore the typos I just wanted to get my thoughts down while my mind was working.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

197 Views
Added on November 4, 2013
Last Updated on November 4, 2013
Tags: Life, Death, Sadness, Heart Ache, Love, Family, Romance, Memoir, Journals, Fiction, Miraculous Symphony, Quiet Symphony, Books, Chapter, Story, Old, New, Experimental, Mental, Random, Illness


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma