The bringer of pain

The bringer of pain

A Chapter by Austin Jolly

We get back to the base and blast through the entrance that used to be there, immediately looking for the nearest cover point. Fire and Air Force crews were all over the scrapped C-17, like ants on an anthill, looking for and removing any and all kinds of military equipment like ammo, guns, bombs, things like that. We were surprised we could see them through the heavy rainfall.


"Locksmith, get on the radio and call in Close Air Support on my mark!" Commander Benson yelled as he and his team along with Hunter 2-5 ran in through the entrance.


"Where are the KSK guys?? Werent they here with us too??" a young SEAL yelled in fear. He looked more scared than any of us. My guess, he was probably a Seaman or a very antsy PO3.


"Let them worry about themselves! we need to focus on us!!" Benson yells in reply.


then a heavy silence descended upon the base as AIr Force sentries and engineers came running out of the buildings and making cover spots with sandbags and whatnot. We heard the crackling of AK-47 fire in the distance, knowing that they were not far behind. UAV images said that there were enemy technicals, or trucks with big mounted machine guns in the trunk, heading our way, and that was the first thing we were gonna encounter.


An Air Force engineer came in and set up a little sandbag cover spot for Paul and I. O'Hara and Kindle must have went to chase back the other Air Force crews on the C-17 to safety. I got on the radio and called for Goliath flight, wondering where they were at the moment.


"Goliath, Goliath, this is Hunter 2-4 requesting confirmation on your present location at this time, over." I begin.


"Hunter 2-4 we are orbiting your location at 19,000 feet AGL, we have confirmed visual on hostile battalion heading in your direction coming from north-northwest direction, over."


"Roger that Goliath, stand by to engage targets on my mark."


"Roger Hunter, holding." Goliath finishes.


"Commander! Goliath flight is standing by to engage!" I yell to Commander Benson.


"Keep them on hold! we're gonna need them in a few minutes!!" he replies.


I look over toward Paul, who was sitting away from the entrance, holding his rifle like it was his child. everyone was scared shitless. I look over to where the entrance was, as Air Force engineers finish the last of the barricades and scatter back to the building, and pulled my magnifying scope to zoom in on the EOtech red dot. I could make out shadows forming as more and more of them began to appear. And, just as the UAV told us, the technicals were the first to get here. I heard the constant clicking of rifles nearby as every SEAL and TACP fighter loaded their weapons and disengaged safety.


"Fire when ready." Commander Benson orders.


I look over toward Paul, who was now holding his ear to his EarForce radio. "Yo, are you hearing this? switch to channel 6 for a minute, bro." he said as he aimed his weapon to the entrance.


One guy to my right rang out a shot, then everyone else started pouring out lead from their rifles. The enemy responded with a return-fire. I heard over the radio, "-the objective is to secure Ramstein Air Force base and eliminate any and all personnel who dont wear a US or German flag. All personnel to the North-Northwest of the base are confirmed hostile and are subject to open-fire sequencing. Return fire if fired upon, and keep your heads down."


what the f**k? who are these guys?


I switch back to our troop channel to hear Commander Benson scream over the radio, "LOCKSMITH!!! GET AIR ORDNANCE DESCENDING ON THE ENEMY, NOW!!!". My ears were ringing already from the sharp cracks of nearby gunfire.


With the biggest feeling of fear coursing through my body at that sound, i got on the radio to Goliath Flight.


"Goliath, Goliath, this is Hunter 2-4, confirming Close Air Support on hostile battalion, grid coordinates are as follows: Lateral Sierra Foxtrot one-seven-seven-niner, Longitudinal Whiskey Delta eight-eight-two-seven! You have orders to engage all targets with extreme prejudice, danger close, I repeat, danger close!"


"Roger that, Hunter 2-4. Confirmed grid, CAS is inbound, danger close."


Upon hearing the confirmation from Goliath flight put the biggest smile on my face, then I remember i have to inform Benson. When i turn to yell over him, i hear Paul shriek in the discouraging sounds of pain as he fell to the ground, blood spitting from his left arm.


"oh, s**t! Paul!!" i yelled as i threw down my weapon and directed my attention to my friend. "Hang on buddy, youre gonna be fine!" I reassure him.


"is it, is it bad??" Paul screams, in attempt to yell over the sound of the gunfire.


It really looked bad, the pullets must have broken his bone, the blood looked almost black with some glistening of red in the entry wounds. the bullets didn't go through, this is a problem. "No, no it looks fine! Its not bad, you just need to stay off of the weapons!" I reassure.


"no, patch me up and get me back in!" He yells as he tries to sit up and grab his weapon.


I shove him back down and got a tourniquet over his wounds. "NO! SIT THE F**K DOWN!!" i yell back at him.


Goliath flight comes in, "Weapon away, time of fall, 16 seconds."


oh s**t.


I get on my radio and yell to Commander Benson, "Commander! Goliaths weapon is out! TOT is 16 seconds!!"


His reply was, "EVERYBODY, GET YOUR F*****G HEADS DOWN!!!!" with the bellowing voice of a combat-ridden veteran. At that exact moment, everyone dropped their weapons and hid behind the safety of the sandbag barricades.


It felt like the longest 16 seconds ever, but we eventually heard the triumphant sounds of bombs detonating on top of their target, about four times. we look up to see nothing but smoke and patches of fire coming from the target area.


"Good effect on target, hold for BDA." Goliath finishes.


to our utter amazement, we still heard gunfire as more rebels came in and shot at either us or Goliath flight. these guys just dont f*****g die. A few of their shots smacked against the sandbags protecting us from the gunfire as we felt the sand fall on top of us. Paul screamed like a princess.


"Goliath, we are still in the presence of enemy small-arms fire! re-arm and hit 'em again!" I order.


"Affirm, Goliath flight is inbound for immediate re-attack, ETA 20 seconds, stand by." Goliath confirms.


"Hey, do you see that s**t?" Paul says as he points toward the sky away from Goliath flights re-attack entry path.


I looked through my magnifying scope to see 3 hostile jets zooming their way towards Goliath, and one of them fired a missile. F**k. I look over more to see the missile impact one of Goliaths planes, with two more going for the others. the other two planes were engulfed in fire as the other 3 Goliath planes broke off in different directions, and flares are everywhere in the sky, lighting it up beyond the heavy rainfall and dense fog, making it look like zombie weather or something like that.


then I hear the same voice over the radio from channel 6, "SEALs, friendlies inbound from the south, check your fire, i repeat, check your fire!"


I look to the south to see a flight of 3 Littlebirds come in and drop off some US fighters, with top-of-the-line weapons and optics systems. The Littlebirds went off the engage the remaining enemy forces at the entrance. We could hear the unmistakable sound of minigun fire form the Littlebirds with the distinct "BRAAAAAAAAP" in the distance.


We heard gunfire coming from inside the base as Airmen were busting through the door and falling off second floor windows, throbbing and spinning with each bullet impact as they fell to their death. The commander of the new platoon yelled at his lower ranking fighters "move into the building, eliminate all hostiles and secure friendly personnel! go, go, go!!"


The fighters and assaulters sprinted into the building as fast as they could. I saw a spraypaint image on the back of each of their flak jackets of a white skull. That could only mean one thing.


Punisher is here.



© 2014 Austin Jolly


Author's Note

Austin Jolly
How do you guys like the book so far> If you can, please leave a review as all are much appreciated!
cheers! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on September 15, 2014
Last Updated on September 15, 2014


Author

Austin Jolly
Austin Jolly

Naples, FL



About
I'm 20 years old and I write military fiction books dedicated to realism. I am serving with the US Army. Veteran of war and the theater of combat. "I've been told that I am a good man, living in .. more..

Writing