Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Bianca
"

A little more on the new world.....

"

I was asleep and well rested.  Until I got a bright wake up call.  A hologram of the sun was shining through my eye lids.  Once I woke up and saw that I was still in the futuristic room...I was surprised yet happy.  I thought yesterday was a dream but it all felt so real.  I wanted to try the closet again.  I don't know I'm just still a bit curious.  This time when I was about to press the button it gave me that hologram for choosing the clothes.  I didn't notice it had so many chouces.  I played around a little but I decided to settle for a black and blue edged outfit.  I pressed the button and the ring floated over me again.  It felt refreashing.  Then I herd a beeping noise that indicated someone was comming in.  The door opened and it was Jayne.

 

"I see you're ready," she said.

 

I just nodded.

 

"Come," she said.  So she took me back to the room I was in yesterday.  Or at least I thought it was the room because well...the place was empty.  No window, no table, just nothing.

 

"Wha-," I said.

 

"Yeah what you saw yesterday wasn't real," she recieled, "Actually it was based on what the surface looked at real time but you were not looking at the real thing directly."

 

"But-wait, surface?" I was confused all over again.

 

"We're underground."

 

Yet agin these scientists don't cese to amaze me...or blow my mind.

 

"Why are we underground."

 

"You really want to know? Okay," she said.

 

The room went dark and then had a bright glow through the corners of the walls.  There was no other light.

 

"Let's have a quick history lesson."

 

The walls faded away and everything looked like it was at 2004!  Cars passing by, people minding their own buisness, and houses everywhere.

 

"Look familiar?" she said.

 

I nodded again.  Everything looked and felt like it was back then.  I looked closer at the background and I saw a tall white tower in the distance with a round glass top with some kind of narrow metal needel on the highest part of the tower.  I recognized the tower...it's the Stratosphere at Las Vegas!

 

"What are we doing here...in Vegas?" I asked.

 

"Well why not?  It's a great, bright, and well poplated city.  Most famously know for gambeling and sex, it's Sin City."

 

"But..." I was still confused but I stayed quiet to hear what she has to say.

 

She stared out into the distance.

 

"Las Vegas...what a city that was," she said that quietly, "You see, the city doesn't exist anymore as a tourist attraction."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Vegas as this widly known tourist attraction is now changed, dramatically."

 

So then the setting changed.  It was a dark barren wasteland.  Every building lies in ruins except one that had any light to it.  It's a big center at the heart of Vegas.  It looked old and the whole thing was black and covered in bars.

 

"Las Vegas is now a concentration camp for anyone who fought back."

 

"Fought back what?" I asked.

 

"The powers that be, world domination has been achieved by every ruler of every country.  They're all into the same thing, know and work with one another and are each a member of a powerful group," she laughed a little as if she would onlywant to take it as a joke, "Some one powerful, ingenious, charming and just all around 'loveable' was leading Presidents, Prime Ministers, Dictators, anyone who ruled land into giving the whole world to him."

 

She turned to face me.

 

"Freedom has been murdered, rights have been shited on, even people's own minds have been traumatized and tricked into sumission.  And all about a century after you died."

 

All I could ask was how.

 

"It wasn't easy let alone a fast paced execution.  It had to have many decades of planning and well..acting."

 

"Acting?"

 

"Even in your time during the early twenty-first century, they where crawling their way under the system and secretly makeing their goals of leading the people onto welcoming them with open arms. And when the succeeded they used technology to really control the wil of the people instead of using old psychology tricks."

 

"I thought world domination was impossible, let alone reall," I said.  I was starting to doubt her.

 

"Well I don't know about you, but to me, nothing is ever impossible.  At least not for long."

 

The image of the doomed Vegas faded away.

 

She continued, "Most of the people here, underground, is not under their control any longer and we're just trying to figure out a way to maybe free ourselces and others from their rule over us."

 

"What information did you flash into my eyes anyway?" I asked, "Because I didn't know any of this."

 

"That's because I modified the device so it would show you other things except certain details that I just wanted to tell you in person," she said.  I don't really understand but I'm starting to get used to it, "We'll move on.  ANd to prove you that flash thing worked let's go see the mech."

 

I got excited again so I followed her to where the kept those giang robots.  One of the robots were already in use and went on one knee to where Jayne and I were standing.  The head opened up and the pilot got out.  He had bright orange short spikey hair.  With blue eyes and looked slightly older than me...well I'm not sure about that.  I did die as an 11 year old but now, for some reason, they brought me back to life 1,000 years later.  So does that make me 1,011 or am I still 11?  You know now that I think about it I don't even remember how I died.  I was just a normal girl.  I'm not even sure why I was here.

 

"Hello,"  he said as he climed down the robot.  I can see ll of the controls and buttons glowing from inside the head of the robot.

 

Jayne told me to stay where I was so she can talk to the guy privately.  Then he walked away and Jayne let me on the robot.

 

I was looking right at the controls and I knew exactly what to do.  I just really want to know what exactly was it that Jayne flashed into me but before I could, the robot stood up and closed the head's opening.

 

Jayne had left but then showed herself on a video screen in the robot.

 

"Go ahead, try it out," she said.

 

The room was empty and I could really try this thing out.  I tried to see if I can use its gun but then I realized that it doesn't have any ammo left.  So I just had it walk around and maybe hover a bit but I don't mind that I didn't do much.  It was fun anyway.  She came back to the room and I got off.

 

"Enjoy yourself?"

 

"It was ok," I said.

 

"Well that took up a lot of time.  Any last minute questions?" she asked.

 

"Uhh...yeah, what information did you flash on my eyes?"

 

"Oh...certain things," she answered, "Math, science, most history, how to pilot the robot and several other things."

 

"Okay," I said, "Well I'm just going to go to my room now."

 

"Before you go I want you to know that you should come over back to this area, ok?"

 

"Okay, I said and headed off to my room.  Today was weird enough but at least I got to control the robot.  Though that whole 'history' lesson was still weird to me.  Is the world really that insane?



© 2008 Bianca


Author's Note

Bianca
Ok this is going to be different because on my first chapter I at least had some help in editing and revising but now I skipped that so....you can help me in those areas if you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 9, 2008


Author

Bianca
Bianca

NV



About
Hi, I'm a teenager who likes watching tv, playing video games, drawing, playing violin, and of course reading. Along with writing XP (why else would I be here?) It's only recently I have decided to.. more..

Writing
White Asylum White Asylum

A Poem by Bianca