Chapter 5:Ashes

Chapter 5:Ashes

A Chapter by Starcaller

My eyes burn and they make the world blurry, I'm seeing some old friends, old ghosts, and they lie there and say nothing right beside me. I cannot move because everything hurts. It is like my heart is pumping, but there is no blood... I gasp for every breath and every single breath is a challenge, like my lungs are on fire and the air helps them burn. My skin is little more than ashes and my body is weak... frail. The worst part of all though is the old ghosts lying beside me in a cold hospital bed.

 

Tots had to drag all four of the ghosts of her past out of the fire. The guilt on her conscience was all that could drive her and forgiveness was not an option.

“Why? Why did you bring them here they might remember.” Tots turns around and looks at her mother

“I had to save them and I can’t go back yet” She looks over the wounds and analysis sheets. Her mom looks at her daughter

“You know we could speed up the healing process if we used some tech to reconstruct her and it…” Tots holds up her hand

“No need she is…special.”

“Listen to reason she is little more than walking ashes.”

“I know they found her because she has amazing healing abilities…she is very durable also and has the ability.” “You mean like Dylan”

“Yeah.”

“No wonder they sent you to recover her”

“Well, they didn’t… she failed so I had to execute her” They both stand there silently hoping I wasn’t different from the change…but maybe I am.

 

The next day Dylan, Jenna, and Liz awoke. So they where all reunited but I was still on an operating table my veins where finally filled with blood and they had started cell reconstruction. I guess things can turn out okay…

 

Back in the assassins guild

 

“Fade I find it hard to believe but they are back and it is thanks to the hands of Tots. I need you to bring the five of them here…and do remember the scientist Siren was tracking?”

“Yes sir, I remember.”

“Good bring him back here also. Tell him phase one is complete.”



© 2012 Starcaller


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on January 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 13, 2012


Author

Starcaller
Starcaller

Moreno Valley, CA



About
Hello everyone, I've been away for an incredibly long time (like what a year and a half or two, yikes). I've actually wanted to get back on here for awhile now. I'm going to do my best to catch up on .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starcaller


Character's Character's

A Chapter by Starcaller