Morning delicacy

Morning delicacy

A Poem by willweb

I see the sunrise and it is delicious

an early morning delicacy served

at the horizons edge

tempting to my palate

comfort food

in citrus colors

Cereal is merely sugar

and coffee can be bitter at times

toast is just toast

therefore I choose to consume the sunrise

each morning

because its beauty tastes like you

© 2014 willweb


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this piece would make any woman feel absolutely beautiful!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


willweb

9 Years Ago

Alani, you nice comments have made me smile today. Thank you again for reading my work.
Aww. Sweet and romantic. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


willweb

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ance for you nice comment today.
A splendid treat!!
I enjoyed reading this refreshing poem. It's a pleasure to come across lovely work like this.
Sweet and romantic, the perfect combination. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


willweb

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and commenting on my poem Quill. Happy you enjoyed this one.
Woo, what a romantic you are, Will. This was beautifully written and oh so sweet!

Posted 9 Years Ago


willweb

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your comment Noodlehead. I am glad you like this one.
This is such a wonderfully descriptive piece.With a dash of romance I love it Will :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


willweb

9 Years Ago

Thank you Vidya for commenting on my poem today. Happy you took the time to read this.
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome :)
I love the idea of dining on the sunrise... such a beautiful thought. Absolutely was stunned by those last three lines of this poem. Very well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


willweb

9 Years Ago

Thank you Kalypso. Your comments mean a lot. You are an exceptional poet.
Ghost of Jupiter

9 Years Ago

No, but thank you for your kind thought..the exceptional is in your words, dear poet.
i really enjoyed this poem until the last line....then i was blown away completely..
there is simplicity here, but there is such a buffet of imagery, and a strong feeling as we leave the table...that there is the kind of love that will last eternities.

Posted 9 Years Ago


willweb

9 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob for your comments today. I am excited that you liked my poem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 2, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2014

Author

willweb
willweb

TX



About
Hi, I am willweb. Maybe you remember me and maybe you don't. I have been writing here on and off for years. I pop in and write and read and comment and make friends and learn new things. I enjoy maki.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scabbed Scabbed

A Poem by willweb