1

1

A Chapter by Rose

I ran. I ran as fast as I could, not caring who was following me. While I ran, I stuffed the file copies under my jacket and continued up the many flights of stairs in the Itex building. And then I found my escape.
I ran through the light glass doors of the empty conference room and pushed open the large window, pausing to look behind me. The guards were closing in on me, it was now or never.
I took one step off the window ledge and instantly felt the pleasure of a free fall. I slowly unfurled my dusty wings and took flight.

Yes, you read that right. I said wings. I guess I should tell you a little about myself so that you don't think either of us is going crazy.
My name is Maiya, I'm a 16 year old wanted fugitive constantly on the run. I come from this awful place, a lab referred to as The School. I escaped from there about 2 years after my brother and sister were taken to safety. The man that had helped them escape, Jeb, had come back to the school and released me. So now, I was on the search for Angel and Nick. We were part bird, we all had wings. The school had implanted avian DNA into us as embryos, so we were only 98% human. There are more of us too, more than me and my family. There are at least three more mutant bird kids.
And the worst part?
I don't know where they are.
But I know that they are being hunted by human-lupine hybrids called Erasers. 



I sat in a crappy motel room on the side of a deserted road in the middle of nowhere.
Well, I guessed it was a desert area of Nevada.
I sorted out the copies I had grabbed from Itex. I didn't take the real files, I did have morals and I wasn't going to steal something like that. Luckily, I'd had enough time to get copies of both files.
The files were for my younger siblings, at least I guessed they were my siblings. No, I knew they were. I knew that Angel was mine and Nick"the Gasman" was mine. But I hadn't seen them in about four years, and I had been on the run for two of those years.


© 2012 Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on September 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 26, 2012


Author

Rose
Rose

CO



About
Hello, you can call me Rose. I'm a junior in high school, with plans to study pre-law in university, and eventually become a lawyer. For some reason, I have always been interested in law. I began rea.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Rose


2 2

A Chapter by Rose