Burning Memories

Burning Memories

A Story by Starr
"

No one was there and Life is Confusing

"
That girl that stands in the corner, that seeks shelter in the dark. She flinches when you raise your hand. She cowers to your stance, she can't breath around you. You make her afraid, you make her weak. She runs away, runs away, hiding her face in the covers. She grabs the clothes of her mother and she sets fire to her room. She grabs a torn picture and runs. She keeps on running down the road, burning all of her memories. She hits the bridge crying, screaming and cascading down. She smiles with no regrets, she smiles with no regrets. She holds onto that one picture. "Momma you were always cold but Daddy was always wrong. He tried to break us apart, make me leave you alone." She held onto her mother, letting the cries flow. Making a waterfall, until the light was shone. The crew looks around, nothing, sees a dark sweater floating. Her eyes are closed, her breaths are short, they rush her away. She puts up a fight, "No, I don't want to be alive." She rips away and takes off running, hitting the streets, burning the memories. She grabs her picture from her pocket, keeps on running. She steals more than she knows, but she can't live anymore. "Momma you were always cold, but Daddy was always wrong, he broke us, he broke me, I love you mommy." And she flies, tonight, with golden wings to her moms arms. And she doesn't cry, because her mom isn't cold anymore.

© 2016 Starr


Author's Note

Starr
What do y'all think? I do not it has a confusing factor in it, I put that there on purpose.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really hope this is turned into a longer story, for better comprehension and the story line! it would be such a good story! I do like the not-knowing part though. it allows you to try and create your own story or think of what could be happening. Loved it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

I will have it ready in a month I hope, I am writing 2 books at the moment so i'm busy
Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Good luck! Can't wait to see more of your work!
Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much!



Reviews

Powerful story told in the story. I like the internal thoughts and the good ending. Love can warm-up a heart. You left the reader with something to think about. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks you so much!
Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks you so much!
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.
I really hope this is turned into a longer story, for better comprehension and the story line! it would be such a good story! I do like the not-knowing part though. it allows you to try and create your own story or think of what could be happening. Loved it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

I will have it ready in a month I hope, I am writing 2 books at the moment so i'm busy
Quinn W

7 Years Ago

Good luck! Can't wait to see more of your work!
Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
So sad! I love how it is emotionally strong. One typo I did catch on this is early in the story one of the words is missing an apostrophe it is the word "can't".

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and I try to throw so much emotion in my work.
This is a sad story. I feel sorry for her and her family.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading. I am turning this into a short story later on.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 12, 2016
Tags: help, pain, life, family

Author

Starr
Starr

Richton, MS



About
“Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from.” - Jodie Foster Who am I? Well, that seems like a simple question that could be answered by a small sentenc.. more..

Writing
Thought Thought

A Poem by Starr


------- -------

A Poem by Starr


Lost Lost

A Story by Starr



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..