Chapter 11- The blood on our paws

Chapter 11- The blood on our paws

A Chapter by WoLf

Shadow had spoken to James about Shamile’s death and that they were going to assist David in attacking tomorrow morning. “I don’t want you to get hurt”. James commented. Shadow knew he’d be fine but what confused him was what the road ahead holds? What was the secret behind the text in the journal? What was Chanoue’s purpose for collecting those items? What was Chanoue doing at this time? For now, Shadow only thought of David and what he was going to do against this monster Houdrine. The morning came swift. Shadow lay awake most of the night wondering and thinking. Crystal stood up with a yawn before walking out. Shadow followed her but he turned back watching his father sleep. James suddenly looked up. Shadow walked back and embraced his father. “I love you dad, I promise I’ll be safe”. James nodded in that kind of way that shadow knew he wasn’t sure. Shadow gave him a pat on the shoulder before turning back and following after Crystal. James stared after him smiling.

 

 

Shadow came up on the side of Crystal who was sitting a few feet behind David. David was motionless standing at the mouth of the cave. Shadow moved forward but Crystal stopped him shaking her head. David looked down sighing then back up. It wasn’t even sunset yet, the dark was still casting the land under its blanketing cover. David turned nearly jumping. “I see you’re ready”. Crystal came up beside David and patted him on the shoulder. “I lost a loved one too”. She whispered to him. David looked over with a frown, his eyes filled with tears holding back in a puddle. “My father was killed by Chanoue”. David wiped his face. “I’m sorry to hear that”. Crystal gulped feeling awkward. “We will get revenge, I will help you”. David nodded turning to the dark land. Shadow stood back and remembered what Luna had said: “He who angers you, conquers you”. What had happened to Luna though? Shadow wondered. Crystal turned to him and made a noise to get his attention. Shadow looked up. David was walking out into the snowy landscape. Shadow stood up taking up alongside Crystal out into the cold dawn. The cold was scrappy but the storm from yesterday had died down. “Do you know where Houdrine is exactly”? Shadow asked. David didn’t turn but spoke out loudly. “Houdrine keeps a cave to the east out of sight from us, I know he’s been there but he never provoked us in the way he has now”. David growled. A sudden eruption of loud piercing howls in the distance caught their ears. David sneered in the direction of the sound. “Sounds like him and his gang are now just waking up”. He turned to look at Shadow and Crystal. “Let’s pay them a visit”. He said with an evil smirk. They peered over a tight rock edge into a snow covered valley. Two wolves were outside of a cave entrance, scratching themselves casually. David jumped over the rock wall and charged down the hill. Shadow followed after him with Crystal at his heels. David was charging blindly into trouble, something Shadow didn’t think he would do. The blind fury in his heart pushed him onward. The wolves turned their heads to look up at the attacking group but before either of the two could react or do anything, David had charged into them both sending them crashing into the snow unconscious. Shadow and Crystal ran bye watching the unmoving forms. David’s huge body crashed into the cave slamming over several other wolves and sending them into the walls. David rounded another corner and another wolf greeted him with a growl. David reached out, grabbed the wolf by the throat, and threw him aside. The chocked scream was masked by the hard thump of the wolf’s body smashing against the wall. “Houdrine”! David shouted out angrily. There was no response. Shadow looked behind him at Crystal. She turned as well. Five other wolves had ambushed them from behind. Shadow hunched down ready to fight them off. One of them charged over Crystal forcing her down. Another wolf joined in ripping at her. Shadow rushed to help her but was suddenly rammed aside by a tall black wolf. Shadow reacted by grabbing the wolf’s leg and pulling him down on the ground. Another wolf charged him from behind and mounted his back. Shadow felt several bites into his ear before giving a backwards heft and slamming the wolf into the wall behind him. He ran to Crystal who had gotten up from her attackers and had bitten one over the eye. David came crashing over knocking another wolf onto its back. “Houdrine has to be here somewhere”. David growled. Out of the shadows came a sounding howl and in a flash Houdrine had a grip over the front of David throat. Houdrine was pulling hard before a think line of skin gave way in bloody mess. Houdrine shook the meat free from his canines. “You came storming in here did you now David? Brave I’ll admit”. David gripped his wound for a moment before swinging his paw at Houdrine. Missed. Houdrine jumped for David’s back somehow landing. His teeth were heading strait for David’s neck. A buck sent Houdrine flying off onto the floor and David’s paw came slamming down on his chest. Houdrine looked up smiling. “So you’re going to kill me? Will that bring back Shamile”? David slapped him with his free paw and growled growing closer to Houdrine’s stained teeth. Shadow moved closer to inspect Houdrine’s face. Houdrine’s eyes quickly averted towards Shadow. “You”. Shadow stared with confusion. “You’re the one Chanoue told me about, the one to look for”. Shadow’s heart fell to his stomach with a sudden feeling of terror. David’s paw pressed down harder. “How do you know Chanoue”? Houdrine laughed heartily coughing. “I’ve been spying for Chanoue for months and…” Houdrine laughed again almost manically. “And you have no idea what he’s going to do”. Shadow approached closer. “What is he planning, tell us”! Houdrine suddenly sputtered blood across the floor. “You’ll find out soon enough, I hope you said your goodbyes to him, Shadow”. Houdrine laughed even more loudly this time before keeling to the side, eyes lolling out of focus. David raised his paw. “I’m sorry”. He said giving the corps a spit. “What did he mean by that”? Crystal asked. Shadow looked up towards the ceiling for a moment then it came to him. “We’ve got to get back to the cave”! David looked at him puzzled. “Why, what is happening”? Shadow turned quickly as he headed for the cave opening. “It’s my father, I think he’s in danger”.



© 2011 WoLf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

355 Views
Added on October 11, 2011
Last Updated on October 11, 2011


Author

WoLf
WoLf

CA



About
Just the average guy doing his thing. Current project(s): Winchester Grove Finished Projects: Through Wolves Eyes Series Future Project(s): Wolvrens of Frost Creek (name subject to change) more..

Writing